Hawks Board 2021 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
ROUND 1

1 North Melbourne - Jason Horne-Francis
2 Western Bulldogs - Sam Darcy (BID MATCHED)
3 Collingwood - Nick Daicos (BID MATCHED)
4 Fremantle - Finn Callaghan
5 Gold Coast - Josh Rachelle
6 Adelaide - Josh Sinn
7 Hawthorn - Josh Ward
8 GWS - Mac Andrew
9 Richmond - Ben Hobbs
10 GWS - Josh Gibcus
11 St Kilda - Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera
12 West Coast - Neil Erasmus
13 Essendon - Jye Amiss
14 Port Adelaide - Matthew Johnson
15 Fremantle - Zac Taylor
16 Brisbane - Darcy Wilmot
17 Richmond - Tyler Sonsie
18 Sydney - Mitch Knevitt
19 Melbourne - Campbell Chesser
20 Geelong - Josh Goater

Last edited:

Pick 34 - Leek Aleer
Nov 5, 2014
Wherever I leave my hat
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pick 34: Carlton select: Leek Alleer, Ht: 196cm, wt:84kg, combine RVJ record of 107cm (5cm higher than NicNat)

The ”human highlight reel“ is the ideal replacement for Liam Jones in Carlton’s back 6.

I’ll write more later … strike that.. just re-watch the video and enjoy.

Leek Alleer.png

Last edited:
Pick 35 - Tom Brown
Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Pick 35, Geelong select Tom Brown

Athletic and high IQ half back. If he can add size and a contested element to his game he will be a very well rounded utility. One I was going to consider with Geelong's initial 24 before I was able to trade up for Goater.

On to suburb whispers for the crows

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With Pick 24 Hawthorn select - Arlo Draper.

Arlo is a gun Half forward/Midfielder who puts his body on the line and is smart with his footy. A bit of a wiry frame has lead to him having a few injuries sideline him from the action, but I think he ball winning, smarts and agility make him an exciting prospect that fills a need we have for goal kicking mids.
This would be a dream. Watched him in the game he got injured off half back. Has lots of class. Steal here

Pick 36 - Sam Banks

suburb whispers

Team Captain
Nov 15, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Pick 36 - Adelaide select Sam Banks.

Banks is a running half back/midfielder with exquisite kicking skills and decision making. Can easily turn defense into attack with his run and ability to hit targets by foot over 40-50 meters.
Plays like Bailey Dale. Also has outstanding leadership qualities.

TDS7 can calculate and update the picks used for bids and where each club is sitting for Picks in the scheme of things now - in those posts on the front page.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
TDS7 can calculate and update the picks used for bids and where each club is sitting for Picks in the scheme of things now - in those posts on the front page.

Just FYI before it gets updated on the first page

Just a note on bidding

After GWS matched the Fahey bid, they lost picks 45 and 46. After discount they needed 676 points and those two picks come to 678 so 2 points isn't enough to give them anything back. This brings the Saints picks in to match by 2 spots.

So for the Owens bid:

Pick 28 = 677 points
After 20% discount = 542 points

Saints can match with:
Pick 51 = 259
Pick 54 = 220
Pick 55 = 207

144 points left over = Pick 61 back. Slots in after Port's 2 picks near the end of the fourth round after those picks move in.

Pick 37 - Jack Williams
Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
With pick 37 Geelong select Jack Williams

With Bazzo, Alleer off the board it's time to take one of the remaining solid KPPs. I feel Williams was let down by his team mates a bit at the U19 games. Very solid with his leading and marking, and has runs on the board.

Davo-27 next for WC

Pick 38 - Toby Conway

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
pick 38 - WCE - Toby Conway - Geelong Falcons - 204cm 90kg

has had some mixed views about his performances, but i have always liked his games, in the AFL Academy game he played backup to Ned Moyle and gave away a few frees, but if you look pass the umpiring i thought he competed well and looked good regardless, i have liked his Geelong performances and Vic Country performances as well and i think he is the only ruck of quality in this draft, Mac Andrew is more a KPP/Ruck with more potential, whereas Conway is ready and with WCE they need a backup for NicNat as Williams is more KPP/Ruck as well, they also need a KPD after ive picked up a HFF/Mid and Bull Mid for them previously, but i might not be able to get one? so i went for a Ruck here as i think he could be a McEvoy type where he is good around the ground and competitive in the ruck in a couple of years when NicNat retires.

BurnaHawks you're up

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 39 - Marcus Windhager

BurnaHawks

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With Pick 39 Melbourne Pick - Marcus Windhager

Midfielder // 183cm/82kg // 16/5/03

Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
Windhager's power is his leading attribute and he uses it well. He can bust out of a stoppage or through a tackle and is also capable of playing in attacking or defensive roles across the field. A recent back injury while training in the off-season means he could go back a few spots on the draft board, but the St Kilda Next Generation Academy player has some good AFL qualities.

Alite you're up! or ST KILDA will you match?

Last edited:
Pick 40 - Jake Soligo

BurnaHawks

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With Pick 40 Melbourne Pick - Jake Soligo

Midfielder // 179cm/80kg // Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro // 25/1/03

Soligo has been on the radar for a number of years as he progressed through the under-16s program to be a busy midfielder for the Ranges this season. He averaged 23 disposals this year, including lifting that to 27 touches across his last three games of the campaign in the NAB League. Although smaller, Soligo works hard and is adept at accumulating the ball and feeding it out. He played in Richmond's VFL side as well this year.

Alite you're up!

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With Pick 39 Melbourne Pick - Jake Soligo

Midfielder // 179cm/80kg // Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro // 25/1/03

Soligo has been on the radar for a number of years as he progressed through the under-16s program to be a busy midfielder for the Ranges this season. He averaged 23 disposals this year, including lifting that to 27 touches across his last three games of the campaign in the NAB League. Although smaller, Soligo works hard and is adept at accumulating the ball and feeding it out. He played in Richmond's VFL side as well this year.

Alite you're up!
Might just want to move your pick to number 40, I‘ll accept that St Kilda very likely match Windhager.
Alite, seems like you‘re up and about, I‘ll let you post your write up.

Pick 41 - Cooper Murley
Nov 5, 2014
Wherever I leave my hat
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pick 41: Carlton select: Cooper Murley, Ht: 180cm, Wt: 71kgs

I was after a contested speedy crumbing small fwd who could also apply defensive pressure and am stoked to see Cooper Murley still available. A highly energetic type with good skills and a touch of class, he comes with the bonus of being able to add to the midfield rotations or slot in on a wing. He is perfect for Carlton’s needs.

For those who have not seen him (# 1 in red… or just look for the quickest player on the field).

AD2AA5A7-111F-4F19-BBE8-053AABB17414.jpeg

Others considered:
Forwards: Paul Curtis (at this stage he seems more of a lead up fwd than a contested crumber) and Kai Lohmann.
Wing: Isaac Birt and Brady Hough look good.
Midfield: Sheldrick is a ready to go wrecking ball.

But I must admit I was almost hoping that Morley was taken so that I could select Ronal Fejo Jr.

Carlton’s last two picks will be rookie upgrades:
Pick ~76: Matt Kennedy Rookie elevation
Pick ~84: Josh Honey Rookie elevation.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2014
Wherever I leave my hat
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Blues started with picks 25, 64 and 78 and walk away with:

Pick 34: Leek Alleer… KPB
Pick 41: Cooper Murley… Sml fwd/mid
Pick 76: Matt Kennedy … Rookie elevation
Pick 84: Josh Honey … Rookie elevation.

Aside: The original plan was to try to pick up Judson Clarke at 34 and Charlie Dean at 40 but I think Alleer and Murley may actually be the better combination.

Pick 42 - Brady Hough
Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
With pick 42, Geelong select Brady Hough

Brady Hough has come a long way in the space of a year, rapidly rising to become Peel Thunder’s top prospect and a surprise bolter among the West Australian hopefuls. Having shown promising form at Colts level, the 18-year-old earned state Under 19 selection and even cracked the League grade in his final WAFL outing for the year, taking to the level like a duck to water with 22 disposals, nine marks and a goal. With the versatility to play on flanks at both ends of the ground or on either side of midfield, Hough catches the eye with his class on the ball and work rate off it.

Now to Dominic03 with a couple picks for North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back