List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be manager talk to drive the price up, but it’s a foot in the door for Roughy and Sam.

Attach $2m+ a year for the first 2 years to that foot and the door probably opens up a bit more.

We’ve been creating cap space for 5 years, we have to bloody use it at some point. Getting Smith in would be great, but he’s not getting the huge payday we have waiting for some key position players.

It might be manager talk to drive the price up, but it’s a foot in the door for Roughy and Sam.

Attach $2m+ a year for the first 2 years to that foot and the door probably opens up a bit more.

We’ve been creating cap space for 5 years, we have to bloody use it at some point. Getting Smith in would be great, but he’s not getting the huge payday we have waiting for some key position players.
Yeah naah Jamara will sign with the bulldogs

It was laughed at it and I copped it a bit for backing it, but getting Adam Tomlinson on the cheap last trade period (as one rumour suggested) would have alleviated some of the pressure in our tall defender department right now.

It was laughed at it and I copped it a bit for backing it, but getting Adam Tomlinson on the cheap last trade period (as one rumour suggested) would have alleviated some of the pressure in our tall defender department right now.

I don't rate Tomlinson at all.

He's Frost without the exciting parts.

JUH is a great young talent no doubt but at the end of the day it comes down to Sammy’s football philosophy on game plan, team structure/balance etc.

We did ok straight after moving on arguably the best KP player at the time in Buddy! I’m just a bit nervous investing so much into one individual player but I’m fully supportive of whatever the club thinks best 👍

If you were laughed at for suggesting Tomlinson, then rightfully so

We have enough battlers, we need stars

JUH is undoubtedly a talent but I question whether he is a true key position forward that you would build a team around and pay absolute top dollar for.

Buddy was a massive unit who was also freakishly athletic whereas JUH strikes me more of a lightly built, talented second tall type.

More a Jack Gunston than a Buddy/Rough type player. Still a very valuable player but not a true superstar power forward type.

Anyway it's all academic as I don't see any way he doesn't end up at the doggies.

JUH is undoubtedly a talent but I question whether he is a true key position forward that you would build a team around and pay absolute top dollar for.

Anyway it's all academic as I don't see any way he doesn't end up at the doggies.
No he is not.

He will stay at the Dogs and they will have Naughton and one of Darcy / Croft as likely bigger bodies to make JUH the genuine third tall who can create massive headaches.

He won’t go anywhere when the club that picked him can continue to play him in the role with so much KPP support around him.

Why would you move?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy was a massive unit who was also freakishly athletic whereas JUH strikes me more of a lightly built, talented second tall type.

More a Jack Gunston than a Buddy/Rough type player. Still a very valuable player but not a true superstar power forward type.

JUH is undoubtedly a true key position forward you build a team around. He's 21 years old.

If you were laughed at for suggesting Tomlinson, then rightfully so

We have enough battlers, we need stars

I'm not talking about recruiting stars here. I'm just talking about depth. Injuries to Blanck, McCabe and DGB has left us thin from a tall defender perspective.

Had we acquired Tomlinson for a bag of chips last trade period at least we'd have another mature body and depth option.

As it stands, we have one of Phillips and Frost and the undersized Serong to choose from, and that's it.

I'm not talking about recruiting stars here. I'm just talking about depth. Injuries to Blanck, McCabe and DGB has left us thin from a tall defender perspective.

Had we acquired Tomlinson for a bag of chips last trade period at least we'd have another mature body and depth option.

As it stands, we have one of Phillips and Frost and the undersized Serong to choose from, and that's it.
Doogie Howser was the play I reckon, not Tomlinson.

Not sure he would have come as cheaply.

Poor bugger pinged a bad looking hammy in the practice match too.
Wouldn't have been as cheap, but is lots better :shrug:

Not sure if he's had hammy issues before. Has had back problems, hasn't he? Back Bone connected to the Hamstring Bone etc.

If we’d have got him in we likely wouldn’t have Bodie Ryan or Gunston.

We have our replacement for Blanck, in Phillips, and personally I think he comes with at least the upside to get a little better, plus he doesn’t come with a bunch of people already thinking he’s a potato.

Tomlinson? He’s not very good a lot of the time, and he wont get any better and that’s his level.

We have our replacement for Blanck, in Phillips, and personally I think he comes with at least the upside to get a little better, plus he doesn’t come with a bunch of people already thinking he’s a potato.

Tomlinson? He’s not very good a lot of the time, and he wont get any better and that’s his level.
Plus Swans talls were rubbish last night.

Good point.

Ryan is going to be pretty handy for us, I reckon.

I don't know if Tomlinson would be so keen to come in to be our 5th choice defender.

I don't think our list management team went into the season predicting we are going to lose three KPD to long-term injuries before the season starts.

Warrick Capper
Tony Lockett
Barry Hall
Kurt Tippett
Lance Franklin

They always seem to get a marquee forward don't they. I'm sure the AFL has a lot to do with this too (as I reach for my silver foil hat)
In the case of Lockett he was ready to go to Richmond, everything agreed to and last minute AFL came in and made sure he went to Sydney. AFL even called Richmond and told them "If Lockett is going anywhere it's Sydney"

I don't know if Tomlinson would be so keen to come in to be our 5th choice defender.

I don't think our list management team went into the season predicting we are going to lose three KPD to long-term injuries before the season starts.
Three?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back