Preview Hawks vs Saints Sat 29 Apr 1:45pm at UniTAS stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... Koby didn't come in to play VFL. Think it's good they waited until he regained form and fitness, although I hope he's over the head knock from last week. By the way, did that Batchelor bloke get a holiday for poleaxing him behind play last week. Am sure I read that on the game thread....
Read it somewhere on Twitter moments after Koby copped a knock and put 2 and 2 together but it seems there was no official report.

Just thinking about Billy this week; he really needs to do more around the ground. Big Boy can be pretty good as a marking player and can go forward and kick goals. Billy needs to go with him and ensure he doesn't get off the leash.

Really big challenge for Billy and I hope he's up to it. I hope this playing Billy in the 1s thing doesn't turn out to be a mistake as it may actually cost us games and this could be one.

Mac had his big game last week.

Unless he's changed, when he was with us he'd have the occasional big game, where he'd clunk some marks and BT would holler "Big Boy, boy oh boy!", but then he wouldn't play another good one for another 6-8 weeks and he'd get killed in the ruck every game in between.

I was at this game, noise was so loud. There was Geelong supporters still jumping up and down thinking they had won for about 30-40 seconds after the free kick had been paid.
I remember watching that ball slowly roll into the Geelong goal as the Cats fans erupted and slumped into my seat thinking 'why does this always happen to us' and then soon after realised we'd been paid the free. Siren went a min or so later and I nearly had a heart attack, lol.

Dunstan at worse will spend least 4 weeks in the reserves. He could literally pick up 40+ and still not get picked. He needs gain some form and confidence, he is gun. Give him some time, he barely 23.

Sinclair & Stevens. Welcome, well earned and deserved. Hopefully they perform really well, Stevens to break JOM.

Long is ripper, he got a taste of how AFL is and now he will just build on it in the VFL. I'm 100% he will be again play for us in the coming weeks.

Billings, Acres & Steele to have big day.

For all the Dunstan dropping... (and even I wanted him to take a spell in VFL), his replacement in Koby Stevens isn't a world beater either.

He had 15 disposals last time against Hawthorn when he played them in 2016, and 12-13 were handballs.

For all the Dunstan dropping... (and even I wanted him to take a spell in VFL), his replacement in Koby Stevens isn't a world beater either.

He had 15 disposals last time against Hawthorn when he played them in 2016, and 12-13 were handballs.
Don't think anyone thinks he's a world beater but if he gets the ball 15 times on Saturday and handballs it 13 times to a free Jack Steven that will be an upgrade on Dunstan at the moment.

Article in local Tas rag (that loves the Hawks) quoting Puopolo that the Hawks intend to play high possession game (ie that boring chip chip chip - short kick game), win contested ball and stop the Saints running game to win.

Reckon the Saints need to smash the Hawks in the contested ball; take it on.

Personally I have always detested the game style the Hawks have played, they don't take the game on almost lull the other team to sleep. Have reluctant respect due to their amazing success over the last decade. As a Tasmanian have hated the fact that when they started playing here they were broke (denied by the majority of their supporters) and our tax payer $s have saved them and they are now very successful.

There are Hawks supporters everywhere down here and there arrogance is exhibited continually. As a Saints man this is a game I would LOVE for us to win, would give the club confidence and keep that pick where we want it. Ross to have another great game, Acres to continue to develop, Bruce and Membrey to kick bags with Gresham to give us some highlights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunstan at worse will spend least 4 weeks in the reserves. He could literally pick up 40+ and still not get picked. He needs gain some form and confidence, he is gun. Give him some time, he barely 23.

Sinclair & Stevens. Welcome, well earned and deserved. Hopefully they perform really well, Stevens to break JOM.

Long is ripper, he got a taste of how AFL is and now he will just build on it in the VFL. I'm 100% he will be again play for us in the coming weeks.

Billings, Acres & Steele to have big day.

Are you also an ITK?

Here's the thing about Dunstan being left out his week - he's been named as an emergency.

The other two emergencies are McKenzie and Holmes, and Sandy play at the same time the seniors do.

What are the chances Dunstan is on the plane this afternoon and doesn't play anywhere this weekend?

I was thinking the same... DMac and Holmes to fly down and Dunstan to play ressies hopefully

Here's the thing about Dunstan being left out his week - he's been named as an emergency.

The other two emergencies are McKenzie and Holmes, and Sandy play at the same time the seniors do.

What are the chances Dunstan is on the plane this afternoon and doesn't play anywhere this weekend?

Generally they like to give the dropped players a week off and I reckon Dunstan has probably been sore.

Having said that if he was sore then I guess they wouldn't name him as an emergency.

Still, if he does have a week off and then plays VFL next week I don't think that's a bad result.

Another one managed...? Maybe he had his shoulder surgery last year, and just isn't right like GAJ last year. Maybe he needs this year off to recover his shoulder... I dunno.

I am more surprised that Holmes is the emergency.

Speaks volumes about Pierce. He's getting beaten by an American late comer to the sport who didn't get great wraps on his VFL game. And Pierce was drafted in the same draft as Grundy. Hasn't come on at all, and at this rate is a very low probability. Pierce is contracted to 2018, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got delisted and re rookied.

I am expecting that Marshall would fill his place as an upgrade.

I was at this game, noise was so loud. There was Geelong supporters still jumping up and down thinking they had won for about 30-40 seconds after the free kick had been paid.
For some reason I was in the Geelong cheersquad area, saw the goal and put my head down in utter disbelief, as I did that I saw Stevic do something, I looked up and it literally turned my emotions around in a split second, nothing else has ever done that, needless to say as an annoying 13 year old I went nuts and probably made some of the Geelong fans want to murder me, twas a good day.

With Armo also out, I'm not sure we could afford to not have Dunstan as an emergency. If Koby Stevens was to pull out for some reason we'd look very low on inside mids I think and would probably have to bring in Dunstan.

Happy for him to have the week off that then have a run in the magoo's next week.
If that happens, throw Blake in there and tell him to show everyone how good he's going to be, we should be doing that anyway but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back