Preview Round 5, 2024: GWS v St.Kilda - Manuka Oval, Saturday 13 April, 1:45pm AEST *GARCIA DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugo is probably our latest first year player to be made the sub and then dropped like Collard and Hastie after not having enough impact.

Hopefully he can buck the trend.

As for Jones I'm not sure if he's been dropped or just being rested given his injury history, he might make it back again for the Dogs game.

Last edited:

Knock knock
Who's there
Hugo
Hugo who
Hugo out there and get a heap of possessions son.
Great to see another young bloke debuting for the Saints.
I really like how RTB is giving these young blokes a taste of the big time. I think it is a positive move that bodes well for our talent development.

Not a great deal to report today, was relatively wet under foot so there were a few hairy (slippery) moments.

Paddy, along with Hastie and Lance were doing a drill at the far end of the ground with the guys playing VFL. He looked rusty blowing out the cobwebs a bit, skillswise was fine but just seemed to be trying to hard to get positioning right to get the ball. Halfway through the drill I saw he limp off with what looked like a lower leg issue. Not sure if ankle, calf or whatever but hopefully he is ok. I saw him earlier trying to stretch in between drills so perhaps it's just soreness/tightness that he didnt want to risk. Obviously he didn't participate in match sim as he was already in the rooms by then.

King and Howard got up gingerly from a marking contest, talk about heart in mouth stuff. Max did some run throughs and seemed ok.

Keeler, with his physique and the glimpse of 7 on his back reminds me so much of a teller Nas. The guy has so much class.

Mitchito has the serious yips, his goal kicking practice was dead set shocking. Missing badly to the left, then right, rinse and repeat. Everyone focusing heavily on goalkicking, love to see it. I'll put the moz on him but Darce is a bloody good shot for goal, didn't help Owens' cause that Wilson was slotting them from everywhere he was missing them from.

Howard, he is such a good trainer, sounds dumb, but without the pressure and second guessing of a game situation he looks so good.

Was great to see Henry and Clark running laps. Clark, whilst he'll never have arm definition, certainly looks bigger across his upper torso. Love seeing Henry back, he is such a breath of fresh air around the place!

I've got a feeling about this week, shackles feel like they are off a bit - no expectations of winning I think we might see a surprise result this week!
Be-jayzus, Dow limping off and King/Howard at it again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy Van Es in full contact training

All of Wood, Paton, and Clark, doing non contact, running and kicking drills, Henry running multiple laps.
Hayes looking very slick.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Best I’ve seen Mattaes train for a while…Higgins & Dow pulled up ‘tight’…Henry running but still 4 weeks away

Mitchito has the serious yips, his goal kicking practice was dead set shocking. Missing badly to the left, then right, rinse and repeat. Everyone focusing heavily on goalkicking, love to see it. I'll put the moz on him but Darce is a bloody good shot for goal, didn't help Owens' cause that Wilson was slotting them from everywhere he was missing them from.
Sounds like business as usual for Mitch. That ball drop isn't getting any better,

Jones is a strange exclusion. Gives us a point of difference in the midfield, really stiff IMO.

Would have preferred Windy for Hastie the only change.

Look forward to getting Howard back soon. He is underrated on here.

Garcia will come on for 10 minutes and still make more tackles than Jones last week.

Hugo looks like a mid who lives under the armpit of his opponents.

My hot take is that Collard and Garcia will finish the season in the best 22 based on output.

My hot take is that Collard and Garcia will finish the season in the best 22 based on output.

We'll either be doing very well if that's the case. As long as it's on output and not availability or if finals are out of reach

Jones is a strange exclusion. Gives us a point of difference in the midfield, really stiff IMO.

Would have preferred Windy for Hastie the only change.

Look forward to getting Howard back soon. He is underrated on here.
1 tackle across 3 qtrs of football as an inside mid who was closely checking a younger inside mid is putrid.

The guys 29 not 21.

Is that the last game Zac plays? Was very ordinary to the point of disinterested, had very low game time and subbed out which is telling considering we needed energy and attack around the ball.

Got a bit if the Dunstans about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back