Preview Hawks vs Saints Sat 29 Apr 1:45pm at UniTAS stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a positive that our midfield has generally been smashed pretty bad most weeks, and yet we could be 4-1, obviously we aren't because we didn't take our chances V West Coast and were outdone by a couple of stars against Geelong, but we're not far away guys, once our midfield clicks with more experience into acres, Steele, billings (at times), gresh and even Ross to an extent as well as some new personnel hopefully a big fish, I don't think we'll be far off it at all, not to mention having someone with the potential of Paddy up forward as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No I had a go for going along with the childish "sky is falling" "rebuild failed" type crap we get here after we lose a loseable game.

Unfortunately it's a hard truth that at the moment Dunstan isn't AFL standard, has been in the past, might be in the future, but not now with his 10 possie specials. More unfortunately, he did squib that contest, pull out, avoid contact call it what you want but he avoided the coming contact and let the footy go with it, leading directly to a goal. The fact that I knew what play it was without watching the video first speaks wonders for it being a memorable low-light from that game.

I don't think that Luke is cooked as a player, and maybe using the term squib has riled up some people but at the end of the day it was a really disappointing play from a guy we expected to be an inside warrior, wearing the jumper number of probably our toughest, gutsiest in and under player. At year 4 of his career we are all expecting more.
This comes pretty close to the worst post I've read.

So you are the guy who should be judging the courage of our players?

Looking forward to the game, was hoping to go down with my Hawks mate but because they aren't going well he didn't want to . Diehard hawks fan too.

We both went to the 2010 draw Saint v Hawk@Etihad, worst game I've ever attended.

Expecting a win, the Geelong game hopefully stung them, 25 point win.

Will be interesting to see JOM and TMitch. Both could be talents but both could be bust big time.

Excited to see Robbo & Jimmy continue their form, been great so far this year.

Last edited:
A win will put everything right. At the club....and on Big Footy! We have to get the Hawks on the back foot though. Can't let them get their confidence up. We have given all the teams we've played a snif either through our inaccuracy on goal, or by falling away late in games. The latter is mostly caused by the former. We can't give them time and space.

445am start for me tomorrow to watch. Am hoping for the best. How we start the game very important.

Go Saints!!

A win will put everything right. At the club....and on Big Footy! We have to get the Hawks on the back foot though. Can't let them get their confidence up. We have given all the teams we've played a snif either through our inaccuracy on goal, or by falling away late in games. The latter is mostly caused by the former. We can't give them time and space.

445am start for me tomorrow to watch. Am hoping for the best. How we start the game very important.

Go Saints!!
I'd say the opposite is true, no offence. Most teams now know that we'll konk out early, so they'll feel if they can keep close in the first half, they'll be able to run over the top of us eventually.

How we finish the game far more important for other teams and us.

I said it before as well. Bad shoulder reco. GAJ missed an entire season even though he had the shoulder around round 15 or so the previous year.

I think Dunstan should be on LTI to be honest given how he is going and looking. Shoulder reco gets less recognition in the AFL media, but it should be almost a 12 month layoff.

Agree with this 100%. Different scenario I know, but I had a shoulder replacement & couldn't wait to play golf again. Before I had the chance, I got a bit of soreness in it from work & have still been to scared to even try to hit a golf ball, after 4 years.
The point I'm getting at is, even though young guys all appear ten foot tall and bullet proof, when they have any sort of operation and if they get a twinge/hurt, there must be a certain amount of trepidation to compete.
Give him a rest & IMO he'll come good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This comes pretty close to the worst post I've read.

So you are the guy who should be judging the courage of our players?

No others are doing it as well and saying the same thing.

There's no two ways about it he didn't go hard at the ball and it cost us a goal. What's hard to comprehend

I find it curious how people are 'expecting' a win against Hawthorn.
They are going for their 20th straight win in Launceston.
They are Hawthorn who beat WCE by 9 goals.
We have hardly set the world on fire this season.
We play terribly in Tassie.
I am hopeful but dont expect anything

I expect to win

When is crash week? we haven't had one this year which is great, maybe the game against Melbourne was a crash! I have a feeling we will do ok, not confident in a win, but you never know... hope the boys can get some form and play an exciting brand of footy like last year.. Carn sainters..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No I had a go for going along with the childish "sky is falling" "rebuild failed" type crap we get here after we lose a loseable game.

Unfortunately it's a hard truth that at the moment Dunstan isn't AFL standard, has been in the past, might be in the future, but not now with his 10 possie specials. More unfortunately, he did squib that contest, pull out, avoid contact call it what you want but he avoided the coming contact and let the footy go with it, leading directly to a goal. The fact that I knew what play it was without watching the video first speaks wonders for it being a memorable low-light from that game.

I don't think that Luke is cooked as a player, and maybe using the term squib has riled up some people but at the end of the day it was a really disappointing play from a guy we expected to be an inside warrior, wearing the jumper number of probably our toughest, gutsiest in and under player. At year 4 of his career we are all expecting more.
I think this is a classic case of "confirmation bias". Me - I saw someone over the ball trying to win a head high contact free kick. Unfortunately he plays for St Kilda not Geelong.

You can go through the tape of every game and find lots of things you can interpret one way or another if you have a particular view of a player (eg Gilbert misses a target and he's the worst player in the history of the game while half our team can barely hit the side of a barn but thats OK because we like them).

In the same game I saw players not go low for a contested ball, have "look" before they went for a marking contests and not make an effort to take some body contact to allow our players some space - but I'm not going to call them out on the basis of isolated incidents.

Dunstan is playing poorly at the moment - needs to find some form - the best place for him ATM is Sandy - but he is definitely not a squib.

This. So this.

Hawthorn are rubbish this year, as are west coast at the G. I expect us to win today, if we don't I'm gonna reassess where we are at. Currently I'm thinking 7-10 team, lose today, 10-14 team.

I think our last year's draw was easy compare to this year and our (supporters) expectations for this year has gone up. This creates a lot of pressure on players and staff.

But no excuse here, there are few players who are under performing and their development has not progressed or they look like below afl standard. If that is the case then it is going to be a huge gap in our structure. We have the worst last qtr output in the league and as someone mentioned earlier other teams will plan to run us over in last qtr.

We need to improve in some areas like - improve our last qtr effort, improve goal kicking, rotate new players in midfield for better exposure and give them confidence to play their natural game.

We may win or lose this game but what i want from our team is to learn from our past mistakes in last 5 rounds. If we keep on repeating the same mistakes then we have a bigger problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back