Preview Round 11, 2023: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 27th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 56 88.9%
  • Hawks

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of hot older ladies, Kat Stewart is a customer and she came in the other day. She is still unbelievably attractive.
Was she acting like Roberta Williams or Billie from Offspring. Either way she is one beautiful woman.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

3 teams have belted West Coast by more than 10 goals this season and each team has lost the next week.

Melbourne, Carlton, Gold Coast.

If we show up and play well we should win comfortably.

Not expecting a smashing on the scoreboard like some are predicting. It’s not the way we are playing, we’ll look to contain them, edge ahead and then control the game if we can get 3-4 goals ahead.

Saints by 23.

Last edited:
Was she acting like Roberta Williams or Billie from Offspring. Either way she is one beautiful woman.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've never seen her in anything but she's got a charming nature. I didn't know who she was until someone told me but I have a bit of a crush.

3 teams have belted West Coast by more than 10 goals this season and each team has lost the next week.

If we show up and play well we should win.

Not expecting a smashing like some are predicting. It’s not the way we are playing, we’ll look to contain them, edge ahead and then control the game if we can get 3-4 goals ahead.

Saints by 23.

So they soften them up for a kill?

If we show up and play well we should win.

Not expecting a smashing like some are predicting. It’s not the way we are playing, we’ll look to contain them, edge ahead and then control the game if we can get 3-4 goals ahead.

Saints by 23.

I think anyone expecting a big percentage booster tomorrow will end up being disappointed, it will probably be another grinding win by 4 to 6 goals.

I'd be happy enough with that, we just need to bank the wins at this stage without too much damage in terms of injuries or over exerting ourselves.

We have the bye next week though so if there is any game where we can go hard and extract the digit this is the one so I wouldn't rule out a thrashing.

I saw some old footage recently and JB looked really good in that too. I think he's a forgotten man. If anyone can extract his potential it's Lyon.

I hope he hasn't been forgotten, I still think he could be a good cream on the cake player in a well drilled Ross Lyon team, he deserves a chance at least.

So they soften them up for a kill?
That's not only true of this specific example but it happens all the time. Teams that win big are more susceptible to lose the next week, and teams that lose big are more susceptible to win the following week.

I think if the Swans lost tonight they'd be a much more difficult challenge for us for example.

Often ending watching vids like this when they pop up.
JB was like our centrepiece in this side, youve gotta wonder is his best work done at HFF?

JB is Josh Bruce? Nah Billings, but he always plays hff right? Where else does he play? Edit: checked last year's lineup charts (I never do that) and he played mostly on a wing which does not seem to be ideal for him.

Last edited:
Often ending watching vids like this when they pop up.
JB was like our centrepiece in this side, youve gotta wonder is his best work done at HFF?

He’s played there plenty of times and the results are always average.

Gives me chills seeing that video. I remember thinking halfway during the third quarter “this is a failed rebuild”. Turns out I was one week early, it got confirmed against North on that fateful Good Friday game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got any stats to back any of that up? If we lose the prelim by ten goals we’ll be flag favourites.
Yes, way too many to name. Lions week 1 lost by 9 goals v Port, week later beat Melbourne by 2 goals.
Richmond beat Adelaide by 32, Adelaide come back the next week and beat Port by 5 goals.
We beat the Dogs by 9 goals and the Dogs came back the week after and beat the Lions by 2 goals.

That's just in the first 3 rounds of this year lol. Can guarantee Hawthorn won't be that good this week, similarly West Coast won't be as bad.

Yes, way too many to name. Lions week 1 lost by 9 goals v Port, week later beat Melbourne by 2 goals.
Richmond beat Adelaide by 32, Adelaide come back the next week and beat Port by 5 goals.
We beat the Dogs by 9 goals and the Dogs came back the week after and beat the Lions by 2 goals.

That's just in the first 3 rounds of this year lol. Can guarantee Hawthorn won't be that good this week, similarly West Coast won't be as bad.
So how did we beat Carlton the week after they got thumped and lose to Port the week after they had an easy win? Doesn’t it apply to our games?

So how did we beat Carlton the week after they got thumped and lose to Port the week after they had an easy win? Doesn’t it apply to our games?
Were Carlton more competitive the week after they got thumped? Were Port less competitive than the week they had an easy win?

Like, I don't know what you're asking. It's not an exact science lol, but it happens way too often to think it's not a 'thing'.

I'm not sure Mitchell has trained that with his team. There's a lot of gushing about Mitchell as a coach but I reckon they're just about the easiest team in the league to get a run on against.
I'm not even slightly worried about this match and I'm rarely confident.
Mitchell has focused on fixing the midfield woes of the past few years. To the detriment of other areas of the ground. Our defence was pretty solid the past few years as Clarko had a good system in place. Mitchell has ripped that up to get the boys playing his own brand and style hence why we get scored against easily on transition ATM. Short term pain for long term gain is how I look at it. We won't get it right for another 2 years or so. I expect a 5-6 goal loss tomorrow at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back