Preview Round 20, 2023: Hawthorn v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 30th July, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Hawks

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 28 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah agreed, and obviously we won't end up trading everyone. But I hope we trade a bunch of the guys older than Max. Contentious ones are Sincs, Steele, Higgins, Butler, Marshall. I'd hear offers on all of them but I can see the argument for keeping Sincs (because he's great) and Marshall (because we can't really replace him). And I'd keep Wilkie for leadership and make him captain - also because I don't think we get much of a price for him. Apart from that the others go out if we get something good for them.
Jesus Bergholt...I thought I was slash and burn...but that's f*cking nuclear 😳

atomic bomb lol GIF by somenerv

I haven't been a Gresh fan for a while and not trying to make excuses for him, but I think there is definitely something to be said for his achilles rupture a couple years back. It's a pretty devasting injury and it's not uncommon for pro athletes to never reach the same level of performance they could prior to the injury. Have only browsed, but there is a bit of research into it's effects on athletes particularly in the NBA.
Was thinking the same this week. I injured my achilles last weekend for the first time. Nowhere near as bad as Gresh, but I'm still having such a terrible time of things. The fridge feels like it's in the next suburb, and the toilet is twice as far.

Crazy to imagine getting back to explosive pace from here without the fear of doing it again. Not that I had explosive pace except when running for said toilet now and then. Christ will someone get me another beer?

In 2017, Crouch lifted his game to a new level, averaging 33 disposals per game and finishing second in the AFL for disposals after the regular season, and during the finals broke Dane Swan's AFL record for most disposals in a complete season with 825. He was selected in the 2017 All-Australian team and nominated by his club for the AFL Players Association MVP Award.[8]

All Australian - amazing how he is battling to get a game at the Crows and has struggled for the last 2yrs to get a game.
2017? Basically a generation ago in AFL time. It's like we can't let the past go....remember that time Billings kicked 4 in the last to drag us over the line against the dogs? Remember that time Gresham won the game for us against Gold Coast?
We need to move on from these types of players who did a few good thing 5 or 6 years ago. Look to the future.

In saying that, some results have gone our way this weekend and a spot in the finals is ours to lose. We need to win tomorrow and I think we can. Then sneak a win against Carlton and we could be set.

Yeah agreed, and obviously we won't end up trading everyone. But I hope we trade a bunch of the guys older than Max. Contentious ones are Sincs, Steele, Higgins, Butler, Marshall. I'd hear offers on all of them but I can see the argument for keeping Sincs (because he's great) and Marshall (because we can't really replace him). And I'd keep Wilkie for leadership and make him captain - also because I don't think we get much of a price for him. Apart from that the others go out if we get something good for them.

Well if we did all that, we could be the new North in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back