Preview Round 21, 2023: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 6th August, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Blues

Votes: 40 47.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I'm not too banged up I will probably be going with one of my Carlton mates, a game we try and get to every year. Always a very healthy crowd so should be no surprise to see 35k+ on Sunday

Had a look at the ladder, 2 wins probably gets us in. Carlton and Richmond would be ideal, but if we win 1 of those then we probably have to beat Geelong at Marvel in R22.

They have a few injuries. Cerra and Walsh are two of their best three mids. McKay also missing.

From what I've seen of them, Cripps has been back playing good footy. Need to find a way to slow him down. Curnow is playing incredible footy and looks unstoppable, obviously Wilkie will go to him and it will be a huge challenge. Their running backs are good, I rate Saad highly we will need to find a way to stop him.

They're in brilliant form but with those mids missing and Pittonet and TDK not playing all that well I think we are a big chance. Should be a cracking game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big question is who plays on Curnow and how do we stop him? If we can keep him quiet it will go a long way to a winning.
He is playing out of his skin at the moment. Every time he goes near it he looks like scoring; easily the best forward in the comp right now. You'd think Wilkie will go to him but it will be a massive challenge.

If I'm not too banged up I will probably be going with one of my Carlton mates, a game we try and get to every year. Always a very healthy crowd so should be no surprise to see 35k+ on Sunday

Had a look at the ladder, 2 wins probably gets us in. Carlton and Richmond would be ideal, but if we win 1 of those then we probably have to beat Geelong at Marvel in R22.
I just looked while reserving my tickets. The only reserved seats I can see a 3 mobility impaired ones on L2

I just looked while reserving my tickets. The only reserved seats I can see a 3 mobility impaired ones on L2
Well, I hope you get down there. Break a leg!

Just had a squiz at their preview thread - wow, we may as well not turn up next week! Salty ass mob over there.

Not confident at all but hey, bring the effort and if we can somehow pull off another 1st quarter like today I'll be pumped.
Loved the fast footy - get that ball movinggg. Would love a win but if we can't get up and match it with them I wouldn't be shocked at all based off their current form.

They have a few injuries. Cerra and Walsh are two of their best three mids. McKay also missing.

From what I've seen of them, Cripps has been back playing good footy. Need to find a way to slow him down. Curnow is playing incredible footy and looks unstoppable, obviously Wilkie will go to him and it will be a huge challenge. Their running backs are good, I rate Saad highly we will need to find a way to stop him.

They're in brilliant form but with those mids missing and Pittonet and TDK not playing all that well I think we are a big chance. Should be a cracking game.

Battle of 2 wounded top 8 teams.

We're missing Cerra, Walsh and Kennedy which are massive outs from any midfield...issue is Cerra and Walsh are our best 2 way running mids who we give the ball to deliver I50. Cripps, Hewett and Dow aren't great kicks. Then missing McKay and could throw in Williams though he's been missing all year. You lot probably don't rate them but Silvagni and Boyd are also out, who were in the team until the copped an injury and suspension respectively and handy players.

If I have this right, you guys will definitely be missing Ross and Jones from your midfield. Howard from defence. Sharman injured and Caminiti might get suspended.

How likely to play are Hill, King, Membrey and Hayes? Missing these 4 on top of the guys previously mentioned would be extremely tough. But if even a few of them are in, would be a huge boost. Combination of Hill and Sinclair always seems carve us up and Membrey often enjoys playing Carlton too.

We're missing Cerra, Walsh and Kennedy which are massive outs from any midfield...issue is Cerra and Walsh are our best 2 way running mids who we give the ball to deliver I50. Cripps, Hewett and Dow aren't great kicks. Then missing McKay and could throw in Williams though he's been missing all year. You lot probably don't rate them but Silvagni and Boyd are also out, who were in the team until the copped an injury and suspension respectively and handy players.

If I have this right, you guys will definitely be missing Ross and Jones from your midfield. Howard from defence. Sharman injured and Caminiti might get suspended.

How likely to play are Hill, King, Membrey and Hayes? Missing these 4 on top of the guys previously mentioned would be extremely tough. But if even a few of them are in, would be a huge boost. Combination of Hill and Sinclair always seems carve us up and Membrey often enjoys playing Carlton too.

Ross Jones and Howard are definitely not playing.

Sharman is a wait and see and Caminiti won't get suspended unless the MRP loses it's mind.

Hill and King should be definite inclusions but Membrey and Hayes would be unlikely

It's hard to say who will replace Sharman , Caminiti , Jones because King really has not given his shoulder a full work out yet and maybe to soon to come back and Membery looks well away from playing from what he did at Sandringham.
Even Hayes is not really warranting a game just yet and Keller has only played about 4 games at Sandringham and is really to soon to feed the kid to the wolves.

We know Jones will be replaced by Hill and they will have to roll the dice on who the bring in for the 2 forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back