Preview Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 23rd April, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I’m loving even more about this season is that, we are getting games into our kids in front of big crowds already!
70k against Essendon at MCG
50k against Collingwood at AO
Sellout crowd Carlton at Marvel.

Great experience for our young kids and will hold them in good stead come finals time if we’re there.
That’s right
Pou said he wanted to play in front of big crowds.
2 years ago this wouldn’t have happened
Saints pies would’ve been 70 in Melbourne too

Was this you moving here permanently like you mentioned before or are you leaving after the match
He keeps asking me if he can live at my place with me and I said to him we've only been dating a couple of months, we have to take it slow. It messed up his last relationship so I don't want him making the same mistake. He'll stay with me while he's down and we'll see if we can make it work when we decide on a long term solution xoxo

He keeps asking me if he can live at my place with me and I said to him we've only been dating a couple of months, we have to take it slow. It messed up his last relationship so I don't want him making the same mistake. He'll stay with me while he's down and we'll see if we can make it work when we decide on a long term solution xoxo
Just 2 peas in a horrific pod, it's kismet

Te Amo Love GIF by Ethan Barnowsky

Bytel to sub
Windy Sandy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Blues Game and the Port Game are crucial to us staying near the top of the ladder or not.

The Crows are likely to beat the Hawks, and the Dees a good chance to beat the Tigers.

If so that will be 7 teams on 16 points or more. So that is a bit of a log jam. The Cats have now wiped out their poor% in a couple of games.

Lose both the Blues and Port matches and we may drift down the ladder a fair bit.

The Blues should be easier than than Port to beat, but we could lose both.

We currently are only one win and % in front of the Swans and Dogs in 10th and 11th. We really need to knock off the Blues this week.

1682172145762.png

The Blues Game and the Port Game are crucial to us staying near the top of the ladder or not.

The Crows are likely to beat the Hawks, and the Dees a good chance to beat the Tigers.

If so that will be 7 teams on 16 points or more. So that is a bit of a log jam. The Cats have now wiped out their poor% in a couple of games.

Lose both the Blues and Port matches and we may drift down the ladder a fair bit.

The Blues should be easier than than Port to beat, but we could lose both.

We currently are only one win and % in front of the Swans and Dogs in 10th and 11th. We really need to knock off the Blues this week.

View attachment 1667592
won both and the lid is bubbling very strongly 😉

Huge game for our mids. Carlton will be heavily relying on centre clearances and supply via 666 separation to McKay & Curnow. Reports are that they have lifted intensity with contested ball gets etc, and if Voss is any good he’ll have them rearing to go from the first Qtr. Therefore our mids are going to have to be up to the challenge. Big game for Marshall too, he really needs to make his presence felt.

It’s our game to lose IMO, we have a far more flexible side and structure. We are #1 for points conceded and run hard all day. I don’t think they’ll have good match ups for Owens, Gresham, Butler and Phillipou as they’ll probably put their best tall and small defender on Membrey and Higgins. They’re missing Saad, arguably their most dangerous player and line breaker, and frankly, I’m expecting them to be slow but heavily contested. That being said I reckon they’re capable of a pile on should they get in a roll in the middle. It’ll just be a question of managing and subduing that momentum.

We will need to lower the eyes heading inside 50. That’ll be imperative, given our small forward line. Our key forward, Membrey, is under 190cm. Won’t be a great game if we have all the dominance but lack the finish to be able to complete the play, and we can’t keep Carlton in the game because they’ll probably get a run of goals at some point.

If everything goes right between structure skill and effort, I actually think we’ll pump them hard. But if one of those three things isn’t there early (more so structure & effort) then it’ll be a tight contest, and the door will be open for them which we don’t want given their talent capacity. We will lose this game if our mids don’t show up. Our defence will keep us in it, but we’ll lose it if we don’t own the middle, or at least break even. Good to have Steele back in that regard.

Break even in the contest (at least), sustain structure & effort (and hopefully skill) & being able to lower the eyes (keep the ball alive inside 50) should see us win this comfortably against a side like the Blues.

Look out for Sinclair, Hill, Nas, Byrnes and Wood. If we are breaking even in the contest, this lot will be running hard all day, and slicing and dicing through Carlton’s lines. All are good kicks inside 50, all are good runners, all are in this Lyon side for a reason.

Look out for Stocker, gonna be a bit of niggle in this one, the team better have his back cos he bloody has had there’s in every other game.

Look out for Gresham and Butler. Been a bit quiet on the impact front lately, Butler’s been a good role player, but I think both will go up a notch should we see Marshall playing a dominant game / or / we are getting a lot of chain ball inside 50.

On paper I think we win dominantly. In reality, feels like it could be a close one, Carlton are a Saints 2022 kinda team. And the problem with that is, they’re probably going to be inconsistent good. We should have their measure though if the effort & structure remain and no one has any reason to believe they won’t.

Also, already confident in saying to add this to the list of games this season where regardless of the result, we’ll think to ourselves, “imagine if Max King was playing in this team”. Soon, soon. Good to get some troops back this week as we slowly build the 22 back up to full strength. 5-1 impending.

Enjoy the Sunday game Sainters ❤️🤍🖤

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back