Preview Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 23rd April, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious change will be Membrey for Caminiti. Think Caminiti gets at least 3 weeks for that incident on Murphy.

Steele also returns probably replacing Bytel (just because Bytel was the sub) and I also think Webster returns but not 100% on that. Not sure who he comes in for.

Outside the box thinking.

if we are running Cordy out for 46% gametime with little impact forward I would think of bringing in big Tom Campbell with Caminiti out so we can at least have Marshall resting forward. Membrey could be back but Caminiti crashes many packs.

46% gametime for TC gives us some tapwork, and another target forward in Marshall. Just sub TC off in the 3rd, Owens can take the chopout for a quarter and a bit. Not keen on having him there all game against a genuine ruck and not part-timers.

Cordy not doing it for me anymore.

Is Webster realistically close to a return? I thought his break was much worse than that but if not some older bodies may be the tonic to put us back on the winners list. Peris keeps looming as a sub option also so good to see we're getting some pressure from the 2's.

In: Steele, Webster & Membrey
Out: Windhager (Sub), Paton (Omit) & Caminiti (Susp)

Hope we absolutely belt them, I can stomach a loss to Collingwood but I ******* despise Carlton. Bunch of idiot fans with baseless arrogance for an era barely any of them actually were a part of.

Steele-Membrey-Bytel in
Cordy- Caminiti out Windy Sub

Campbell is a chance with Carlton’s two rucks

How has Windhager gone backwards so much? He supposedly had a great pre-season, but he looks tiny now. Last year he looked like an adult but now he is looking like a skinny teenager
I'm not sure he's gone backwards.

Last year when he was playing his best footy he was in the midfield tagging the oppositions best mids

This year he has mostly played half forward. If you compare his games to last year when he was at half forward he hasn't gone backwards at all.

He's still been pretty solid IMO, but I don't think he is a small forward. He could probably do with more midfield minutes but it's going to be tough to get opportunity

How has Windhager gone backwards so much? He supposedly had a great pre-season, but he looks tiny now. Last year he looked like an adult but now he is looking like a skinny teenager

Second year blues is very common. Training loads increase and lots of players talk about running out of batteries. Also probably overrated how much better last year was. He had a couple of great games and lots of quieter ones. He'll be playing roles that we probably don't see as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think Paton's topped out at his current level which is on the fringes of AFL level. He's not terrible and he tries hard but we wouldn't notice his absence if he was out of the side.

I'm not that down on him. He was a bit slow with his decision making but he's having to relearn his role from accountable one on one small defender to a zone set up.

Second year blues is very common. Training loads increase and lots of players talk about running out of batteries. Also probably overrated how much better last year was. He had a couple of great games and lots of quieter ones. He'll be playing roles that we probably don't see as well.
Injury on the eve of pre season probably didn't help either. While it wasn't significant enough for him to miss a lot of training, I think fell a bit in the midfield pecking order after missing rd1 and being sub rd2 compared to the time he was playing during pre season.

Steele, Membrey in. Hammer, Windy out. Windy to sub

This is the way. What's wrong with Windy? Only 56% game time on the weekend.

Paton seems shot tbh, his decision making is slow and painful to watch; however we don't have a replacement until Webster is fit.

Carlton board thread makes for interesting reading.

Boils down to -

Is Paddy Dow our saviour?
Is Zac Fisher a spud?
Are Cripps and Kennedy injured?
Will we tag Sinclair?
How scary is a Tim Membrey return?
Should we target Steele's shoulder to take him out?

For a team with only 1 loss on their record, they've got minimal confidence going into this weeks' game...

Carlton board thread makes for interesting reading.

Boils down to -

Is Paddy Dow our saviour?
Is Zac Fisher a spud?
Are Cripps and Kennedy injured?
Will we tag Sinclair?
How scary is a Tim Membrey return?
Should we target Steele's shoulder to take him out?

For a team with only 1 loss on their record, they've got minimal confidence going into this weeks' game...

Yeah, their fans are soft as *. I was with a Carlton supporter on Saturday night, you'd think they were on the bottom of the ladder. Didn't want to watch any other footy, thinks that Voss is s**t and that they are missing finals again.

Yeah, their fans are soft as *. I was with a Carlton supporter on Saturday night, you'd think they were on the bottom of the ladder. Didn't want to watch any other footy, thinks that Voss is s**t and that they are missing finals again.

but... but.... Vossy went through the process. He was the best candidate. Clarkson, Scott and Lyon all have egos thinking they are above the process.

I think Carlton's fans insecurities start from how they lost, even though they are 4th.

Their loss to Adelaide doesn't happen if they're actually a top team. The same mistakes happened that has been around since Bolton was coach. They fall apart as soon as the pressure is put on them. They have the cream and frosting but not the base of the cake. Top 5-6 players but it falls apart with their depth.

Comparing that to our loss, we couldn't be prouder. We fought and fought regardless of how s**t our ball use was.

Don't think it'll be an easy game by any means, but we can absolutely put this blues team away

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just saw the Hammer incident.

Why would he get suspended for what Murphy did?

If Murphy didn't duck then he wouldn't get hurt. If he didn't try to illegally block Hammer from making a run, he wouldn't have been hurt. If Murphy was playing the ball, instead of going the man, he wouldn't have been hurt.

Hope the young man learns his lesson and stops ******* around with these dirty off the ball tactics.

Cordy is lucky that Caminiti will probably be suspended as he would be the one I would drop for Membrey.

Steele coming back as well probably means Bytel gets dropped back to the VFL and Windhager gets dropped to be the sub.

Good to have replacements coming back as we looked a bit weary last night, we need a light week on the track with Carlton having 3 days extra break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back