Preview Round 21, 2023: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 6th August, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Blues

Votes: 40 47.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Gresham was nothing more than a glint in the milkmans eye when we lost that game in 83 because of Spud missing an ear massage"
Gresh also the reason 3/1 came up on the big wheel at Crown last night losing me 10 bucks

Richmond we should be able to beat.

Should and will are two different things!
They've got Hopper definitely out, probably Rioli too I think. Dusty and Cotch will be fresh after a rest though.

If Dimma were there he'd have them up, dangerous and still believing they can make finals; however last night I thought they looked like they've put the cue in the rack for the year.

They've got Hopper definitely out, probably Rioli too I think. Dusty and Cotch will be fresh after a rest though.

If Dimma were there he'd have them up, dangerous and still believing they can make finals; however last night I thought they looked like they've put the cue in the rack for the year.
Latest Live Ladder has us winning 2 more and finishing 6th. Carlton and Richmond??

As for Carlton - I see they are projected to finish 9th just behind Geelong with 50 points & 115%.

1691205156011.png

They are developing a nice mental hang up over Marvel. Let's hope it continues for at least one more week.

Who is bagging him , just stated that the guy has plenty of time to improve and never went that next step , he had plenty of time before the last year or so of injuries , he had one great season in 2019 and apart from that has just been a GOP
3 years of injury interrupted seasons. Not a year or so.

Latest Live Ladder has us winning 2 more and finishing 6th. Carlton and Richmond??

As for Carlton - I see they are projected to finish 9th just behind Geelong with 50 points & 115%.

View attachment 1765085

Oh my, Carlscum missing out on percentage would be *ing delicious.

Lyon always has his favourites. It's much better to be an incumbent in his team rather than someone trying to break down the door. Even though he did a few seasons in the media I think he's going on what his eyes tell him this year.

He made comments like he hadn't seen the best of Steele this year until the last few weeks. I'm getting the feeling he doesn't rate Billings and his papers might just about be stamped. Gresham too is clearly on thin ice. I think Lyon is waiting to see the best of Membrey before he drops one of the young tyros for him.

On the flip side I think Lyon is a fan of Sharman who looks secure now for the first time. Doubt he'd be playing under Ratts. Lyon also seems to have warmed to Windy after a slow start. Obviously Hill is a favorite and Cordy seems like his new Zac Dawson.

It just seems harder to get into a Lyon coached team than out of it. And it seems to me under Lyon everyone has started with a clean sheet regardless of their past achievements. Probably not a bad system.

Going to make it pretty tough for Billings it seems.
It's a very European way to coach soccer too - they like to keep their group together, even when form drops off for individual players. I think that must be a trust thing and knowing what your teammates are going to do. If you make too many changes then possibly the process starts to fall down a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 years of injury interrupted seasons. Not a year or so.
I love how you focus on giving him an out for the last few years which has some merit , i have no issue with Jack but he was drafted in 2013 , he has had plenty of time to get to a level a number 3 draft pick should be at and apart from 2 good years he has been average

I love how you focus on giving him an out for the last few years which has some merit , i have no issue with Jack but he was drafted in 2013 , he has had plenty of time to get to a level a number 3 draft pick should be at and apart from 2 good years he has been average

I'd like to see him get a decent run with a good coach

Yup with Pato out of form/on the edge and Coff constantly injured it was a pretty savvy pick up I reckon. If he's depth long term that's a good thing.

I'm hard on Coff because I feel as a club we need to move on from that time period whilst we can if we want to actually improve the list quality, and HBF is one place where we have options to turn to.

Stocker just got squeezed for mine, almost same reason Paton is out even though his is also a limitation thing where I think game has gone past him a little where you just can't be one thing only these days, Jimmy gets preferred in that space since even though 1v1 he's a bit dire and loses opponent in traffic quite often, he is competent does also attack and his work rate is still there where he scraps for it, and RL loves those types that are just tenacious.

Stocker is fine, just a squeeze thing IMO.

Yeah tend to agree, the guy’s had a little bad luck with injury but not a huge amount more than anyone else, just hasn’t had the mental strength to fulfill his potential

It ain’t that difficult to work out Risky… Jack’s best seasons were immediately before the 3 injury interrupted years.

The simple fact is that his body let him down when he was playing career best footy.

Go back & watch his 1st half of 2020… he was absolutely killing it. Since then he’s either played severely restricted or not at all.

Where he was drafted has no relevancy now. I just hoped Jack would get the chance to work under Ross & get some continuity in his footy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It ain’t that difficult to work out Risky… Jack’s best seasons were immediately before the 3 injury interrupted years.

The simple fact is that his body let him down when he was playing career best footy.

Go back & watch his 1st half of 2020… he was absolutely killing it. Since then he’s either played severely restricted or not at all.

Where he was drafted has no relevancy now. I just hoped Jack would get the chance to work under Ross & get some continuity in his footy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 was his best season followed by 2019 , anyway im not doing George and going back and forth all day as we are never going to agree , Cheers mate

In hindsight he's been gone for a while, he's another sad chapter in the story that keeps on giving with regards to our recruitment and list management over the past two decades. Another wasted high DP, and the story will get even better if our No. 7 & 8 depart the list at the same time.
To tell you the truth who cares , they haven't really played any football in 2 years and it is though the are not even on the list anyway.
We have blooded some really top talent in there place and by the looks they will find it hard to secure a place in the 22.
I was holding out for Coffield but even he is going to need to find really fine some form to get into the side.
Phillipou looks he could develop into anything , Milera is showing he is a star and Owens is already the one of most valued players in the team.
Caminiti a 19yr kid picked up a the last minute has shown he has the hunger to develop into something special , Windhager is coming along nicely and I tell you this expect Keller , Hotton and Heath to play seniors next year.

And it has to be remembered Membery , Billings , Clark , Coffield and Gresham were all highly rated as some of our best players or most promising yet have they really been missed.

We are in the 8 with a very young team and have had King missing for most of the year so whatever happens this year expect even better next year because we could wipe over 3.5 million off our salary cap with the players who basically have not played this year.
Jones , Membery , Coffield , Billings , Gresham , McKenzie , Clark - We could afford to bring in a few very good players for that coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back