Preview Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 23rd April, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious change will be Membrey for Caminiti. Think Caminiti gets at least 3 weeks for that incident on Murphy.

Steele also returns probably replacing Bytel (just because Bytel was the sub) and I also think Webster returns but not 100% on that. Not sure who he comes in for.
Nice predictions!

Nice predictions!
top-gun-tom-cruise.gif

You all could learn a thing or two by following my posts xo

On that note, we need to send Caminiti to a creative communications course ... if he can make his defender cry using only words, it'd make him The Sledge-Hammer ...
Not bad but I am preferring The Godfather at the moment.

Only has to raise an eyebrow and his opponent knows that he will be soon sleeping with the fishes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the ground it was obvious they clogged up our wings and boundaries a lot purposefully and we looked lost when trying to go through the middle. Hill was nullified and Wood while good was more defensive than any of his long runs down the wing we’ve seen in previous weeks.

We need our wings to be firing for our team to work it’s best. Feed the ball to
Hill and wood to run and kick inside 50.

From the ground it was obvious they clogged up our wings and boundaries a lot purposefully and we looked lost when trying to go through the middle. Hill was nullified and Wood while good was more defensive than any of his long runs down the wing we’ve seen in previous weeks.

We need our wings to be firing for our team to work it’s best. Feed the ball to
Hill and wood to run and kick inside 50.
We also need a plan B for how to effectively use the corridor for when another team can succesfully replicate the tactics of Collingwood and force us through the corridor! I'm guessing very few teams will have the discipline and skill to be able to replicate Collingwood's approach, but if we make finals this year, we will come up against them again, and we need an alternative strategy. And being the AFL, you can guarantee that teams will try and replicate what has been the only successful method in defeating us so far this season.

We also need a plan B for how to effectively use the corridor for when another team can succesfully replicate the tactics of Collingwood and force us through the corridor! I'm guessing very few teams will have the discipline and skill to be able to replicate Collingwood's approach, but if we make finals this year, we will come up against them again, and we need an alternative strategy. And being the AFL, you can guarantee that teams will try and replicate what has been the only successful method in defeating us so far this season.
It genuinely was an interesting watch to see them systematically shut down our best offensive tactic. Kept wanting wood and hill to be free but they kept shutting them down or directing the ball away from them. It wasn’t them just being a bit better or mentally strong, they shut us down and that’s what panicked us.

Carlton aren’t anywhere near as smart lol. We shouldn’t struggle the same

Honestly if the way to beat StKilda is going to be to give us the corridor that is a very very good thing…

I actually thought we made that adjustment proactively and thought it may have been what Ross was referring to post match when he said we were trying a few new things. I wasn’t at the game though.
From the game we did try it but it didn’t look like a purposeful or controlled adjustment. The players did look and sound a little shell shocked. By the end we adjusted more but for the most part they were trying to adapt on the fly but left gaps or couldn’t make a cohesive structure.

Next time we’ll be prepared for it. But I did genuinely see the players struggle with adjusting to it. They looked frustrated and confused and panicked. Lots of kicking into the man on the mark.

From the game we did try it but it didn’t look like a purposeful or controlled adjustment. The players did look and sound a little shell shocked. By the end we adjusted more but for the most part they were trying to adapt on the fly but left gaps or couldn’t make a cohesive structure.

Next time we’ll be prepared for it. But I did genuinely see the players struggle with adjusting to it. They looked frustrated and confused and panicked. Lots of kicking into the man on the mark.
Good summary but as you said - Next time we will be prepared for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back