Preview Round 21, 2023: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 6th August, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Blues

Votes: 40 47.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paton had a season where he was shutting down the Toby Greenes and Papleys of the world. Webster was getting a bath from Bruest and Ross didnā€™t put Stocker on him because he knows heā€™s not capable so Iā€™m not really sure of what Stocker is capable of doing if heā€™s going to be a backman.
Yep, Iā€™d give up on Pato in the wing, but get him back to that BP role where he was superb in his early days prior to Roughyā€™s tackle. He might need to play scoobs, but if heā€™s good enough to get that going again, then he could be good back fill for Jimmy who is hardly a spring chicken.

They've got Hopper definitely out, probably Rioli too I think. Dusty and Cotch will be fresh after a rest though.

If Dimma were there he'd have them up, dangerous and still believing they can make finals; however last night I thought they looked like they've put the cue in the rack for the year.
We must be good early

So you've inferred from Ross' willingness to keep Webster on Breust last week and Stockers omission from the Friday 5 pm team, that he's likely to be delisted?

Or is it the above, in combination with a poor season?

He was far from our worst last week and has been really solid all year. For a young guy who's come in as a rookie effectively, with some health struggles, he's locked down a spot in a very effective defence the whole season and arguably, kept out Patto. I'm pretty bullish on him going forward...
Yeah, I agree with this. Stocker is "a work in progress" and may have a couple of things to work on still, but he has been a very savvy pick up for us. Some of his games this year have been very good. There is provable and demonstrable upside with persevering with him at the moment, and definitely warrants another contract (he's also inexpensive)
I can't say that about others on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we are talking a rebuild really
We have rebuilt now it's getting games into the players , the guys who we thought were any good are now behind our kids,
Now it's just upgrade draft or trade like every team does every year , but we now have the nucleolus of a very good side - Owens is tracking better than Fyfe at the same age , Milera is already showing he is going to be elite , Phillipou the skys the limit and with key players like King will just top it off.
Cairnsman you really have to have a bit more faith in the team you support.

For us even to mention off loading senior players like Billings , Gresham , Membery , Clark and whoever just shows how much talent we now have at the club.

What happens if we beat Carlton tomorrow who have been hyped to be a flag chance after beating the Pies are you still going to say the team should put the cue in the rack. --- are you for real , I also expect a pretty good crowd tomorrow

I see also your favorite Sharman is performing like you said he wouldn't.

To continue the grammar gripes;

ā€œFor all intensive purposesā€
ā€œOne foul swoopā€
ā€œSeize to existā€

View attachment 1765332
ā€œThe proof is in the puddingā€
and my personal ā€œfavouriteā€ - versing.
Enjoy

Yep, Iā€™d give up on Pato in the wing, but get him back to that BP role where he was superb in his early days prior to Roughyā€™s tackle. He might need to play scoobs, but if heā€™s good enough to get that going again, then he could be good back fill for Jimmy who is hardly a spring chicken.
Paton has shown he was a very good small defender and it's time to play him in his best position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back