Preview Round 22, 2023: St.Kilda v Richmond - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 13th August, 3:20PM AEST *MADDIE'S MATCH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • Tigers

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As bad as the 2nd half was, Richmond are still beatable.

Out - Sharman, Caminiti, Gresh, Byrnes
In - Membrey, Hayes, Billings, Ross (if fit)

Unfortunately, we don't have the midfielders on the list to be able to make changes there. Membrey seems to have fit some form, Hayes provides the 2nd ruck option we've been lacking, Billings can hit a target inside 50 and Ross is sadly still our most likely midfield option if he's declared fit.

Would also love Coffield to come in but that then becomes a lot of players off long injury breaks returning at once.

Unfortunately, we don't have the midfielders on the list to be able to make changes there. Membrey seems to have fit some form, Hayes provides the 2nd ruck option we've been lacking, Billings can hit a target inside 50 and Ross is sadly still our most likely midfield option if he's declared fit.

Would also love Coffield to come in but that then becomes a lot of players off long injury breaks returning at once.
We need to keep backing in the youth

So Caminiti and Sharman aren't AFL quality
Not yet for Caminiti. He tries hard and done well for a 19 year old off the street but he is tiring and getting well beaten most weeks. If Hayes is fit enough to come and provide some proper ruck support for Marshall, then we will be better off.

And I just dont rate Sharman. Until he can start holding a mark, he won't be a threatening forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to be obtuse we'll probably win this one and then drop the last two. That said, playing a somewhat banged up Geelong at home for a spot in the eight (probably their spot in the 8) in R23 is way better than almost anyone gave us credit for at the start of the year.

As others have said, Coops or Hammer need to come out; Hammer looks tired and Coops needs a few games in the VFL of just doing the small / ordinary things well. Membrey in.

All in all I am not that fussed, we are now playing ~8 players 22 and under (at the start of the season) who are in our best 22 (I am counting Byrnes in this number) and that includes our entire KPF line. So it's not like we're trying to get wins at the expense of development.

The Sharman issues are the same as they always are. His clever involvement early gifted Butler a goal. But he is quality and little quantity.

Caminiti just looks like the season might be a month too long for him. Plenty to work with there, no shame in giving him a rest (no Sandy game this coming weekend).

Membrey and Hayes are big, mature bodies. Membrey will be more productive than Sharman - the question is on the quality. Hayes into the role we all wanted him to play, and Caminiti did on the weekend to little avail: forward/ruck.

As much as Keeler excites me, don't throw him in now when we have an "inexperienced forward line" problem.

King just needs to work harder, but he's paid to play and he's fit. We need to expect and demand performance: he's not a project player. He stays and is accountable for his performance.

i would keep Sharman in as he found space twice and was burnt twice by Gresham. If Gresham wasn't selfish then it would of been two goals to Sharman.
The rest I agree with.

We need to keep backing in the youth

I'm all for backing in the youth but that youth still needs to produce good enough performances to stay in the team, you can't just gift them games.

Both Caminiti and Sharman went missing yesterday so it's time to give them a spell and give more experienced players in Membrey and Hayes a go.

We are still a chance of playing finals if we win this game so we need to put our best possible team on the park, not just gift games to cooked kids.

Might win next 2 Geelong looked shaky against PA & got a few dubious decisions there way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wouldn't give us much chance of beating Geelong at KP with the armchair ride they get there but we are a decent chance of beating them at Marvel.

We really need to win the next two games to be any chance of playing finals as I can't see us beating Brisbane at the Gabba in the last round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back