Preview Round 19, 2023: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 23rd July, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a bigger sample size than an ok game against a cellar dwelling club that was a disastrous loss and where the defence really didn’t pay him much attention.

We have to stop worshiping these extremely brief performance spikes that occur spasmodically if we are to ever become this much desired “relevant” club.

My love isn’t cheap, give me beautiful marks and goals most weeks and I love him long time.

He'd have to wear your Big Kev tri-panel satin shirt to get that kind of love off you.

Hopefully the cement is stronger than one game, he'd be nervous, North is his boggy side, the last two years he's been dropped after the North game, those gorillas at North enjoy his running patterns and natural forward craft.
Imagine following a player so closely that you know exactly which teams he played before he was dropped - over two years.

Come on, admit it, you’ve got a secret crush on him! 🤣

I don't think that's even likely in his 4 years. He's our Paul Roos appointment, he's going to come in and teach us standards and systems. He'll weed out the s**t and hopefully leave us better than he found us. We look a long way off a flag. If we can get a few finals series chalked up in his time it's a win. We need to learn to walk before we can run.
He said all off-season it’s a go game these days but I think now that expectations have risen he’s tightened up. The games getting more offensive so I think he’ll have no choice but to adjust in time.

Imagine following a player so closely that you know exactly which teams he played before he was dropped - over two years.

Obsession I think they call that.

Falls Creek? I'm heading to Buffalo and apparently there's a decent chance I'll be tobogganing on grass

Buller, it snowed today and the machines are going but meant to be sunny Monday to Wednesday so should be mud by then.

He said all off-season it’s a go game these days but I think now that expectations have risen he’s tightened up. The games getting more offensive so I think he’ll have no choice but to adjust in time.

Early in the year the ball was going forward fast. I think he knows that. I reckon the assistants might have more say over transition than Ross even.

Just checked the cameras and looks cold as *. I could have been in the tropics.
I get to work outside now and I'm still wearing shorts.
I have to admit, this week is the first week I haven't had to take my jumper off during the day, and it took 10 minutes for my hands to warm up on Wednesday.
I love winter so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's good that we are getting some more competition for spots with some of our injured players coming back.

Stocker and Byrnes getting dropped shows that no one is safe apart from the big names of course, we can't drop them.

I get to work outside now and I'm still wearing shorts.
I have to admit, this week is the first week I haven't had to take my jumper off during the day, and it took 10 minutes for my hands to warm up on Wednesday.
I love winter so much.

I'm the opposite. I've been sitting with the heater on full with multiple layers on. I hate cold. This week has been freezing.

Early in the year the ball was going forward fast. I think he knows that. I reckon the assistants might have more say over transition than Ross even.
Our losses have come down to the midfield , at the start of the year we broke even or we had one good quarter where they did well , now the midfield has been thoroughly beaten and it does stop the ball going into the forward line fast.
Causing our game plan and structure to go up in smoke making Lyon resort to defense and basically blanket the game making it into a dour slog and not very good to watch.
If our midfield wins contested position everything changes.

How they fix it - I don't know but I would be swinging the changes to see what other guys can do - try Hill , Wood , Butler , Stocker , Higgins , Gresham , Sinclair , Billings , Bytel , Owens , Windhager etc and just keep rotating them until something works.
Having only one midfielder averaging in the high 20s is not going to get us anywhere.

They need to flog Nth by 100pts to at least show they can score and beat a team that is totally broken and missing a few of there best players and show if our midfield can at least get there act together.

And next year offer a above average kid big money to join the club - Id even take Ash or entice a kid like Wardlaw and if we can't grab Kelly and suck up his contract and hope Owens and Windhager develop to become midfield stars.

I rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way over the years (abrasive posting, getting sucked into stupid arguments, generally being a dickhead) and it's taken a year but I think I have mended most of those relationships, or at least the ones I care about enough to mend. My time spent on here now is mostly just taking the piss out of those who can take it, and shooting the s**t about our circus of a footy club. For what it's worth I think the board has been great this year. Hopefully nobody has taken my negative view of the club personally.

As for Sunday, you wouldn't catch me dead at that joint. Having a few over for a BBQ and watching the boxing instead. May flick over to the game for a laugh. Not sure I want to either spend half a day in the city or a few hours on the couch watching us fall over ourselves to kick half a dozen goals.
Well said George. Yeah your negative outlook can grate a little but reckon we all understand where it comes from as we all feel it too.

I've been to more games this year than I've been to in a long long time all travelling from regional NSW. I've loved it, hated it, shouted at it, laughed at it. Been to 11 games already. I'm actually calmer seeing our future and how we look going into the next few years. Also think the coaching is going better all things considered.

Ultimately we all just want progress to be quicker.

Loved all the laughs on here. The Essendon pre 150th game thread should go into the Big Footy Hall of Fame.

Take your own cheese and cabana.

Cabana is for peasants. Seriously though I'm thinking of taking half a car worth of food and booze up there. They have you trapped and charge like Marvel stadium for s**t food and drink. You're so cold you can't do anything but drink and eat. We've booked an undercover park below the snow line and a bus transfer to the chalet ...... $450. I got the car serviced to put antifreeze in and forgot to tell him to put antifreeze in and had to pay it. I'm going to be getting on the bus with my bags clinking.

It’s fine that Bytel is playing but ultimately he’s just more of the same. We need leg speed in the middle, surely you’d put Owens or Windhager in there if you’re looking for another midfielder. Super nervous that North will run us off our legs.

Cabana is for peasants. Seriously though I'm thinking of taking half a car worth of food and booze up there. They have you trapped and charge like Marvel stadium for s**t food and drink. You're so cold you can't do anything but drink and eat. We've booked an undercover park below the snow line and a bus transfer to the chalet ...... $450. I got the car serviced to put antifreeze in and forgot to tell him to put antifreeze in and had to pay it. I'm going to be getting on the bus with my bags clinking.
Why are you putting antifreeze in a Corolla?

It’s fine that Bytel is playing but ultimately he’s just more of the same. We need leg speed in the middle, surely you’d put Owens or Windhager in there if you’re looking for another midfielder. Super nervous that North will run us off our legs.
It's just frustrating that they both looked good in the 4th quarter playing mid but we've instantly selected a side that suggests we aren't intending to roll either in there this week.

Obsession I think they call that.

Fatal attraction 😬😱

The bunny boiler Big Kev.

Fatal Attraction II - The Bunny’s Revenge 😃

O2DsHhW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back