Preview Round 16, 2023: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium, Sunday 2nd July, 4:40PM AEST *WILKIE 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Eagles

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 38 70.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went off late in the 3rd. I heard at the game he had some type of illness, so may be why he didn't do too well
It's a shame he has not been able to get a consistent run of game into him , at the end of season he could well be moved on and it's very disappointing due to the amount of time they have put into the kid with his injuries.
A few others could easily be out the door as well with McKenzie and Jones just unable to get constant game time.
Knowing we could lose Gresham and a un-contracted Clark , we might have a massive reset at the end of the year.

I'm pretty sure Gubby Allan has done the rounds with all player managers with Sos and are already working on getting replacements.
The media has us linked to TDK and Henry from Fremantle and I'm pretty sure they will be looking at kids unable to get a game at the Gold Coast or GWS.

They played the sport under the same rules as everybody else. It's as legit as any other years flag, even if things had been changed up for that year.

That wasn't even the Covid year.

That wasn't even the Covid year.
good point, this is what Wikipedia had to say:

• Rounds 11 to 14: an outbreak in Victoria resulted in lockdown and border restrictions on Victorian clubs, precluding free entry to any state except New South Wales. Many clubs shifted games to Sydney and remained there between rounds during that period.
  • Rounds 15 and 16: nationwide outbreaks in all states except Tasmania at one stage locked down all capital cities in those states, and precluded most free interstate travel in the country. All non-Victorian clubs relocated their training bases and most matches to Victoria, with only select matches able to be played interstate.
  • Round 15 until the end of the season: a long period of restrictions in Sydney saw both clubs based outside New South Wales long term.
  • All finals were held outside of Victoria and New South Wales due to the league’s preference to play finals before a crowd.
I just remember the night Grand Final and presuming Covid ruined the rest of the year, but you are right, it wasn't that bad at all.

good point, this is what Wikipedia had to say:

• Rounds 11 to 14: an outbreak in Victoria resulted in lockdown and border restrictions on Victorian clubs, precluding free entry to any state except New South Wales. Many clubs shifted games to Sydney and remained there between rounds during that period.
  • Rounds 15 and 16: nationwide outbreaks in all states except Tasmania at one stage locked down all capital cities in those states, and precluded most free interstate travel in the country. All non-Victorian clubs relocated their training bases and most matches to Victoria, with only select matches able to be played interstate.
  • Round 15 until the end of the season: a long period of restrictions in Sydney saw both clubs based outside New South Wales long term.
  • All finals were held outside of Victoria and New South Wales due to the league’s preference to play finals before a crowd.
I just remember the night Grand Final and presuming Covid ruined the rest of the year, but you are right, it wasn't that bad at all.

They look like the outstanding side all year though. They were one of the only favourites to win in years though.

St Kilda supporters rubbishing other teams' flags.

Really... please don't say that out loud wearing your saints gear or, heaven forbid, on radio.
COVID Cups are uncomfortable for the recipient clubs also…just ask a COVID Cup player. Got nothing to do with our club other than very happy our second flag wasn’t a COVID flag.

The Grand Final itself was far better than the final score suggests, too. They deserved it.

Doubled their score so not too bad a result. Dogs kept up for a while then shat the bed.

I reckon 90% of our issues are midfield related but just don't have anything left in the cupboard to replace them. You can't compete with the best sides with one mid playing close to capacity.
That's so true. It's obvious in every game I've watched lately, especially featuring one of the top four teams. The Pies midfield was rampant today against the Suns. It was one way traffic from the centre bounces and it made it so much easier for their defence. The same with Brisbane against the Tigers on Thursday.

-Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, Ashcroft.
-Oliver, Petracca, Viney, Brayshaw
-Butters, Rozee, Wines, Horne-Francis
-Daicos bros. deGoey, Adams, Pendles.
All with strong support casts backed by classy outside runners.

Even with a full team to pick from we just don't match up in that area.

Like you said it impacts on all parts of the game not just the midfield. Poor service to our forwards and our defence put under the pump. Having a decent tap ruckman to go with it is the cream on the cake.

That's so true. It's obvious in every game I've watched lately, especially featuring one of the top four teams. The Pies midfield was rampant today against the Suns. It was one way traffic from the centre bounces and it made it so much easier for their defence. The same with Brisbane against the Tigers on Thursday.

-Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, Ashcroft.
-Oliver, Petracca, Viney, Brayshaw
-Butters, Rozee, Wines, Horne-Francis
-Daicos bros. deGoey, Adams, Pendles.
All with strong support casts backed by classy outside runners.

Even with a full team to pick from we just don't match up in that area.

Like you said it impacts on all parts of the game not just the midfield. Poor service to our forwards and our defence put under the pump. Having a decent tap ruckman to go with it is the cream on the cake.
How is port good? Their players are young. Steele and crouch can’t match them? If so then why can’t windy and Owen’s and Clark be as good as butters rozee horne Francis. Very similar ages

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can honestly say I didn't want either of the COVID Cups

When we win the flag I want it done properly not in Brisbane while I'm locked in the house.
What if we simply won it twice? Once then and then we won it the next year too? You don’t have to give up footy after winning one. The premiership hangover is a fallacy as proved by Richmond and hawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back