Preview Round 10, 2023: GWS v St.Kilda - GIANTS Stadium, Sunday 21st May, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Giants

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 31 59.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but feel that Sharman isn't being given the opportunity he needs to prove he belongs. He had a great start at St Kilda and played pretty well 2 weeks ago. He has one bad performance in a team full of bad performances and gets dropped again.
He got dropped because King and Caminiti are better, surely??

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hearing side, players and coaches are super focused for Sunday. Both teams playing in Sydney also.

No one in the AFL cares about this game but Saints do. Realise how important it is.
Real question marks about how good we are.
Win and win well interstate, we're still tracking up, it's a win and thats what good teams just do.
A close win and the question mark gets bigger.
Lose to 15th placed GWS because the opposition ran at us and played physical football then we're pretenders and everyone knows how to beat us.

Looking forward to going to the game. I went there for the first time Rd 1 2021 when we just got home. Great ground to watch footy at. Fortunately the weather looks a lot better than that day. There was massive flooding all around Sydney.

Going to the Harbourside Saints function so at least will enjoy part of the day though hoping we put in a much better shift than the past few weeks which I think would see us win with a few goals to spare and really enjoy it.

The interstate away games always brings out the fun side in Saints supporters from my experience.
I was there then as well. Wondered if we would even be able to get there given the floods! But it cleared up and we came through. Good times!

And then in two weeks time we are at the SCG! Love to come out of NSW 2-0…!

Real question marks about how good we are.
Win and win well interstate, we're still tracking up, it's a win and thats what good teams just do.
A close win and the question mark gets bigger.
Lose to 15th placed GWS because the opposition ran at us and played physical football then we're pretenders and everyone knows how to beat us.
Jury is still out on how good we are - but in saying that we now are starting to get back some missing pieces that could really ignite the team.
Having King back in the line up is going to be game changing , we know our backline does it's job and if our forward line clicks I predict good times ahead.
Owens has been our spearhead , he will now be more dangerous knowing King , Hammer are the main focal points , so he can really cut teams up.

Why isn't Windy in this team? Midfield is very suspect

I made the mother of all assumptions and didn't even look for him! I don't like that call.

To paraphrase RTB, you set the standard every week by selection. I hope we're not playing favourites already. This is one call that deserves an explanation. Especially on the back of a belting.

Personally, I’m surprised at the outcry for windy not being picked. He’ll get his chance very soon, in the meanwhile let him continue to consistently ply his trade with full games of football in the VFL.

The coaching and development group are aware of his talents, he’s not going to be forgotten anytime soon. Many at the club have repeatedly said he was one of, if not the best, pre-season performers before his hand injury sidelined him.

From Batch’s review:

“Defensive transition and decision-making is a good growth area for [Windhager] because he wants to round his game off the benefit the AFL team when the opportunity presents, which he’s buying into really well.”

Plenty of other promising youth to fixate on in this game: King, Hammer, Owens and Phillipou rotating in the forward one for one (let alone Higgo whose not much older) is going to be a must watch for Saints fans. Keen as.

Last edited:
Windy may be the most unluckiest guy at the club. No idea how he wasn't selected after that performance last week. Surely someone like Ross could've come out for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owens is being wasted playing in the position he's in. Put him in the guts and let him tear it up.

Frustrates the hell out of me.

Windy stiff as hell. Should be playing.
Yeah agree
Owens as a pure mid get Windy in

port just kept playing Rozee Butters Duursma seeing the benefits now

I think Marcus missing is more circumstantial than form related. Might just be a case of Max King back in for his first game of the year at any level so have a KF sized sub in anticipation of managed minutes.

I think Marcus missing is more circumstantial than form related. Might just be a case of Max King back in for his first game of the year at any level so have a KF sized sub in anticipation of managed minutes.
From what I understand Windy is still bedding in the RTB way of playing

I understand the coach won’t make too many changes to a side and good to see the selections this week. Next week bring in Cordy Billingtons Windy and we’re good.

Exactly mate.

Watching JHF go through the midfield only makes me think of the damage owens could be doing in there.
You can see him growing every game JHF

Owens Windy Pou Caminiti Hotton King is a good core of young kids just trust them

I would have dropped the entire midfield- Steele, Crouch, Clark. They are all below par and one of the major reasons we are not stamping ourselves on games.. but obviously that won’t happen.

Yep, we need a good 20 goal loss to get the forum rocking again. Pain pr0n is in short supply this season.

Owens is being wasted playing in the position he's in. Put him in the guts and let him tear it up.

Frustrates the hell out of me.

Windy stiff as hell. Should be playing.

He’s gone up to our 5th highest ranked player and champion data reckons he’s ahead of Jeremy Cameron and Nick Daicos. I wish all of our players were that wasted.

I understand the coach won’t make too many changes to a side and good to see the selections this week. Next week bring in Cordy Billingtons Windy and we’re good.

I’m not sure if you’re serious when Cordy gets a mention

I can't help but feel that Sharman isn't being given the opportunity he needs to prove he belongs. He had a great start at St Kilda and played pretty well 2 weeks ago. He has one bad performance in a team full of bad performances and gets dropped again.
I'd agree with that but my feel is that they probably don't know what to do with him and there's likely some deficiencies that
we're not seeing. That said, l was surprised to see he's still only 22 so there's hope for him yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back