Preview Round 10, 2023: GWS v St.Kilda - GIANTS Stadium, Sunday 21st May, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Giants

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 31 59.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been training together for weeks and part of the same forwards line meetings, so you'd think they'd know the drill of where and when to lead

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
King in for his first game - I suspect the plan will be for Caminiti to lead and for King to stay deep.

Logical that GWS will look to double team King at he poses the biggest threat.

Its then down to the player with the ball to hit up Caminiti.

If that happens a couple of times early then GWS will have a real problem.

King in for his first game - I suspect the plan will be for Caminiti to lead and for King to stay deep.

Logical that GWS will look to double team King at he poses the biggest threat.

Its then down to the player with the ball to hit up Caminiti.

If that happens a couple of times early then GWS will have a real problem.

We don't need King to kick a bag to win this game, he just needs to provide a contest and suck in their defenders to free up our other forwards.

If Max kicks a bag that's a bonus but our other forwards should kick more goals with the crumbs he will provide and the extra attention he will get.

I can't help but feel that Sharman isn't being given the opportunity he needs to prove he belongs. He had a great start at St Kilda and played pretty well 2 weeks ago. He has one bad performance in a team full of bad performances and gets dropped again.

It's a bit harsh on him but with King and Caminiti back our forward line balance looks better with a small in Gresham rather than another tall in Sharman

I think Paton has been our most effective sub this year. Bytel is not suited to that role. Hope we go with Pato.
Yes not sure why they keep going with Bytel. Don't get me wrong - I like Bytel but not as a sub. You need an impact player to come on in the last quarter not an extractor type player.

Yes not sure why they keep going with Bytel. Don't get me wrong - I like Bytel but not as a sub. You need an impact player to come on in the last quarter not an extractor type player.

Neither of them are ideal subs, Paton isn't exactly an impact player either, someone like Billings would have more of an impact as a sub.

I can't help but feel that Sharman isn't being given the opportunity he needs to prove he belongs. He had a great start at St Kilda and played pretty well 2 weeks ago. He has one bad performance in a team full of bad performances and gets dropped again.

Who does he replace, maybe he is just a number 25 to 29 on your list generally called depth all clubs have them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was lucky to get picked in the first place 2 weeks ago- so swings and roundabouts.

If you are a fringe player of any team genuinely shooting for top 4/6... then you are gonna be stiff at times.

We aren't rebuilding anymore- take your chance as a fringe player to own a spot.
If you don't nail it- don't be surprised if any credits run out pretty quick.

Neither of them are ideal subs, Paton isn't exactly an impact player either, someone like Billings would have more of an impact as a sub.
I disagree. The best subs are those who come out like a bull at a gate. Pato has good pace which means he really impacts a game that's slowed up a tad. Billings is not that guy.

I disagree. The best subs are those who come out like a bull at a gate. Pato has good pace which means he really impacts a game that's slowed up a tad. Billings is not that guy.

Billings might not have the pace Paton does but he can play midfield and also be thrown up forward to kick goals, something Bytel and Paton can't do.

Anyway it's probably better that Billings plays more full games back in the VFL, if he gets picked he should be in our starting side rather than the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bytel named on the field for Sandy, and Paton on the pench. Would assume Paton will be the sub and Sharman the travelling emergency. Gives Sandy a strong midfield with Bytel and Windhager in there together for the first time this year.

Sandy playing in NSW as well so all players travelling.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was lucky to get picked in the first place 2 weeks ago- so swings and roundabouts.

If you are a fringe player of any team genuinely shooting for top 4/6... then you are gonna be stiff at times.

We aren't rebuilding anymore- take your chance as a fringe player to own a spot.
If you don't nail it- don't be surprised if any credits run out pretty quick.

Agree it doesnt take much to show a bit of physicality and intensity - he needs to change his mind set if he wants more games and to remain on the list at seasons end.

Not sure about Steele with an injury cloud vs a full fit Windy. Thought it would be one for him to sit out.

Hoping the team look for Hammer up forward, he could have a field day with their defence King focused.

Hate Paton as sub. Is anyone ever desperate for a back pocket who can’t kick or stick tackles late in a game?

It's a typical risk averse Ross Lyon type selection, all good if we win but if we lose questions should be asked.

I don't think we have used the sub as well as some other teams have so far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back