Preview Round 16, 2023: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium, Sunday 2nd July, 4:40PM AEST *WILKIE 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Eagles

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 38 70.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that it’s an away game, good for bonding yada yada.

No outcome from this game will calm the storm.

Win by 100 points? Brilliant that’ll be a fun watch, but it’s against a side that’s historically bad.

Win by an arbitrary couple of goals due to playing defensive footy? We’ll all take the four points but hardly convincing.

Lose? Deep down we’re all braced for it, even the worst teams turn up a few times a season.

Just get the 4 points, respect the opposition, and get it done. I’m trying not to pick out any individual players this week, just want a team cohesive performance. Back to basics.

Actually might be a good game for Rtb to finally begin his exploration and make a few changes. See what Leo, Bytel and maybe the D Train and any of the sick lame and lazys can offer.
Could be playing for a few spots in todays Sandy game.

Actually might be a good game for Rtb to finally begin his exploration and make a few changes. See what Leo, Bytel and maybe the D Train and any of the sick lame and lazys can offer.
I’m big on giving Leo a crack, he’s got some zip about him. Bytel as well, I really do t care about finals we don’t belong there this year we’d be making up the numbers

Leo would just be taking a spot from someone that has a chance.

I like that it’s an away game, good for bonding yada yada.

No outcome from this game will calm the storm.

Win by 100 points? Brilliant that’ll be a fun watch, but it’s against a side that’s historically bad.

Win by an arbitrary couple of goals due to playing defensive footy? We’ll all take the four points but hardly convincing.

Lose? Deep down we’re all braced for it, even the worst teams turn up a few times a season.

Just get the 4 points, respect the opposition, and get it done. I’m trying not to pick out any individual players this week, just want a team cohesive performance. Back to basics.
Last one I predicted a 100 point win it was vs Hawthorn 😫

Watching Swans v Eagles this arvo. Hopefully they don’t play them back into form…

West Coast are better at home but we are a much better team than them. We need to use this game to get some confidence back.

Out - Byrnes, Sharman, Paton, Gresham

In - Ross, Bytel, Billings.

Ross to play wing in the role Byrnes was playing. Bytel deserves a chance after another excellent game. Steele/Crouch/Bytel might be inside mid overkill but we are getting beaten on the inside anyway so we might as well try it. If medical ticks Billings off after 1 game, he needs to play. Played half forward and was strong connecting the mids and fwds which is something we have been lacking. I said Gresh would stay in until we have a fwd/mid play well at Sandy and we finally did today.

Paton or Byrnes as sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly doubt West Coast will be the decimated team that were being regularly demolished earlier in the year.

They’ve gotten some of their best back in recent weeks (especially in the midfield, with Yeo coming back really well, so they’ve now got him, Kelly, Shuey and Sheed) and could get back both McGovern and Hurn next week.

Their injury list is very long, but most of them are depth or last 6 picked types now. The only particularly notable ones missing next week could be Natanui, Ryan and Cripps, which is far from disastrous.

They’ll probably set themselves for this one, as we’re a team that’s not scoring highly and they’ll see it as a big opportunity to get a W.

We’ll need to show up.

Ha ha hilarious people are suggesting we lose,WC what 2 wins past 35 odd games get grip.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
For the great majority of that time they’ve been decimated by injury. It’s looking like they’ll have their strongest team out on the park in a long time next week- if they don’t get any more injuries in the meantime.

Ha ha hilarious people are suggesting we lose,WC what 2 wins past 35 odd games get grip.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's on brand for us, we tend to not give much of a s**t against "inferior" opposition and thus make it close.

I mean, Hawks have won 4, one of those is v us. North pushed us and they've won 2, what's to say the Eagles won't also make us look stupid? And last season, Hawks won 8, North and Eagles won 2.

This is a game we straight pencil in as a win and half arse it.

West Coast are looking hopeless again but they will still be a lot better next week with their home crowd and home crowd umpires helping them out.

McGovern and Hurn are tipped to be back next week too which will strengthen their defence, that being said we should still beat them comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back