Preview Round 8, 2023: North Melbourne v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 7th May, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 65 89.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see Sharman get a crack but I worry about how we will cope without Cordy's crucial decoy role, North's odds will surely be shortening now.
Well North supporters are extremely happy about their ins and outs. They ate saying at long last Clarkson has listened

We are literally 1 marshall injury away from Campbell being our number 1 ruckman.

I for one would feel a whole lot better going into finals if we had at least had a look at how the team (and tom himself) goes with Campbell as the main man.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
We're trying to win a flag right?

I seem to recall a certain spider everett injury derailing us once upon a time...
1 thing I find odd is Ross said it would be a year of exploration, but we've played close to the same setup every game. Given we haven't had a lot of players from the 2s to choose from and we have been playing well

'Cordy is the sacrificing structure man, doesn't need to touch the footy to impact'

Cordy wasn't getting near it. I'm sure the public compliments Ross has been giving have been partially a motivational tactic to help maintain Cordy's confidence. He might have been doing a role, but there aren't many KPFs going around that get subbed off most weeks without eventually being dropped.
Exactly, If Sharman gets 5 disp and 1.1 he's already an upgrade on Cordy.

Well North supporters are extremely happy about their ins and outs. They ate saying at long last Clarkson has listened

They are a big wrap on this Drury kid but he would need to be the reincarnation of Wayne Carey for them to be a chance of beating us.

Coops!

Very interesting timing.

May suggest that we think Max and Hammer are too much of the same thing and would prefer the Max/Coops combo.

It might simply be a case of our forward line not functioning well enough last week so a change was needed and Cordy was the obvious escape goat.

I'm not sure if Sharman is in their plans for next week when King returns but if he shoots the lights out with a good game it will make him hard to drop.

It might simply be a case of our forward line not functioning well enough last week so a change was needed and Cordy was the obvious escape goat.
Jump Goat GIF

I'm not sure if Sharman is in their plans for next week when King returns but if he shoots the lights out with a good game it will make him hard to drop.
I’d be pretty surprised if they brought someone in for their first game of the year with the intention of them going straight back out the next week.

Will be fascinating to see what happens there.

Either way I like it, as Zaine ain’t taking us forward.

Last edited:
Jump Goat GIF

I’d be pretty surprised if they brought someone in for their first game of the year with the intention of them going straight back out the next week.

Will be fascinating to see what happens there.

Yeah normally when they bring someone in they give them at least a couple of games, unless Sharman has a shocker he should get another go.

It will be tough for him to hold his spot though with both King and Caminiti available for next week so he will need to play well to hold his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 thing I find odd is Ross said it would be a year of exploration, but we've played close to the same setup every game. Given we haven't had a lot of players from the 2s to choose from and we have been playing well
I agree although it would have been difficult to change the team until last week. I think they should have. So I'm glad they did this week.

Yeah normally when they bring someone in they give them at least a couple of games, unless Sharman has a shocker he should get another go.

It will be tough for him to hold his spot though with both King and Caminiti available for next week so he will need to play well to hold his spot.
Caminiti is a three gamer. If Sharman does well maybe he needs to wait to earn his spot back. If this is a year of exploration RTB may decide to give Sharman a block of three games or so to see what we’ve got with him.

If you’re out, for whatever reason, unless your name is Steele or King, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re an automatic in. Hasn’t played any form of footy for 3 weeks.

Caminiti is a three gamer. If Sharman does well maybe he needs to wait to earn his spot back. If this is a year of exploration RTB may decide to give Sharman a block of three games or so to see what we’ve got with him.

If you’re out, for whatever reason, unless your name is Steele or King, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re an automatic in. Hasn’t played any form of footy for 3 weeks.

Yeah Caminiti is not a walk up start like King is especially when he has missed a few games and he won't be our main key forward now with King back.

It will be great to have so many good tall forward options though when at the start of the season we were struggling just to find one decent tall forward.

Is anyone else really uneasy about this game?

I feel like we're going to fall over the line, which will feel extremely hollow.

Pretty sure Clarko will have them fired up after their dismal showing last week, and LDU is a big in for them. We've really been struggling to get it out of the middle the last few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back