Preview Round 8, 2023: North Melbourne v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 7th May, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 65 89.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of God please drop Cordy

Windhager into the 22. Bytel in. King hopefully too. Who knows about the rest of the outs but work your magic RTB

Suspect we'll see an iteration rather than wholesale change, would think just the one change (same one - Windy in, Cordy out) and we re-jig the rest of the pieces.

I won't mention the P word again but looking ahead I'd say Butler needs to lift a bit, kicked a useful goal but other than that not heaps of influence to my eye. If there is no room in the midfield for Jones then I could see him (Zak) playing that pressure forward chase and harass role, his burst speed and tackling could be useful; even if to keep Dan honest in that position.

I suspect Paton will cop some flak, I thought his game was ok but still fumbly and bad decision making in critical moments (but it's not like it's limited to him). Jimmy is in for him when fit though.

We're going to be miles better structurally when King comes in since a key part of the plan seems to be when the ball is in our f50 Roma holds a a kick and a bit behind the ball to stop exits and then we pump the ball straight back in. Need King for a grab or a contest when that happens, Cordy doesn't provide enough. Game plan wise there seems to be a hole in our structure where we give up the ~centre circle area to an unmarked mid on transition - both Pies and Port exploited that noticeably a few times (Port I think had two goals from that kick then a quick forward entry). Takes a hell of a kick to execute it though, anyway I am sure Ross will look at that and fix it if necessary.

End of the day it was an honest loss to a decent team that was just better on the day. We're almost certainly banking the points next week between the longer break and RtB no doubt geeing up the troops during the week so everyone's pulses can settle before another big test against Crows the following week.

For the love of God please drop Cordy

Windhager into the 22. Bytel in. King hopefully too. Who knows about the rest of the outs but work your magic RTB
I might be wrong George but I can't see it happening this coming week. Cordy is 195cm. All of our other tall forwards were around the 190cm mark. Wood had to go forward last night when Cordy got subbed off to give us a bit of height. I think the team suffered when Wood went forward. We desperately need a key forward back in our team who can compete and bring the ball to ground but until that happens I think we'll have to make do with Cordy.

I might be wrong George but I can't see it happening this coming week. Cordy is 195cm. All of our other tall forwards were around the 190cm mark. Wood had to go forward last night when Cordy got subbed off to give us a bit of height. I think the team suffered when Wood went forward. We desperately need a key forward back in our team who can compete and bring the ball to ground but until that happens I think we'll have to make do with Cordy.
Someone said he's the most subbed off player in the AFL this year. He had 1 touch in 3 quarters or something last night. To me he barely even competes, borderline liability and we should instead add a running player and stop bombing it into the 50 all game like we seemed to do last night.

If we're smarter with our entry and get the ball to ground then we'll be fine IMO

Someone said he's the most subbed off player in the AFL this year. He had 1 touch in 3 quarters or something last night. To me he barely even competes, borderline liability and we should instead add a running player and stop bombing it into the 50 all game like we seemed to do last night.

If we're smarter with our entry and get the ball to ground then we'll be fine IMO
Ross praised him in the presser again last night don't think he's getting dropped this week especially without Caminiti or King

I don't know what it looked like on TV but at one point Cordy started huffing like a bull and pointing to the players ahead of him to send the ball about 20 meters out in front of goal. One of our players got there first (maybe Membrey) and he kneed them in the back and spoiled them....then went back to bed.

He mostly just draws his defender out wide and doesn't really seem to do much actual contesting. It's an unusual role he's playing.

Ross praised him in the presser again last night don't think he's getting dropped this week especially without Caminiti or King

I wouldn't be surprised if we brought King back this week and subbed him off at some point. It would be a way to get some miles in his legs without smashing him in the VFL.

A few changes to get some fresh players in and give a few underperformers a rest along with a 9 day break and we should get a big win against North.

I wouldn't be surprised if we brought King back this week and subbed him off at some point. It would be a way to get some miles in his legs without smashing him in the VFL.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, giving him a run against North rather than the VFL might actually be an easier way for him to return to playing again.

The following week against the Crows in Adelaide is going to be a much tougher game, although he did kick 6 goals against them last year there.

I don't know what it looked like on TV but at one point Cordy started huffing like a bull and pointing to the players ahead of him to send the ball about 20 meters out in front of goal. One of our players got there first (maybe Membrey) and he kneed them in the back and spoiled them....then went back to bed.

He mostly just draws his defender out wide and doesn't really seem to do much actual contesting. It's an unusual role he's playing.

The left right out role it would seem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im going to boo north fans for booing JHF

Justice Stumptown GIF by ABC Network

I don't get why he is never seen in transition pulling the defender out, you see most big forwards in the league moving up to link up the chain when they struggle to get near it in f50. If the structure depends on him running out wide then we could use one of the developing players surely.

Think Nas will be a test with that corky, was on the bike when he was off the ground to keep it warm but it looked like a big one with the way he came off the ground. Bet he is pretty sore today.

A 9 day break should help him get up for this game.

I don't get why he is never seen in transition pulling the defender out, you see most big forwards in the league moving up to link up the chain when they struggle to get near it in f50. If the structure depends on him running out wide then we could use one of the developing players surely.

I keep thinking that Cooper could do it but what do I know. Nothing about the way he's playing seems to need height.

What changes are we thinking? Billings for phillipou and max king for Zaine potentially?

What changes are we thinking? Billings for phillipou and max king for Zaine potentially?
I think Misson said round 9 for King

Also, I think if Billings wasn't named in the emergencies the team probably thinks he might need another run for Sandy? Shame there wasn't a game this week

I think Windy is a chance to come into the 22 and give someone else a go in the sub role. Maybe the Pou?

Bytel might be a chance considering we were smashed in the clearances again? Not sure who's spot he takes though

The game to rest Phillipou was off a 5 day break...

No point in spelling him now we have 9, holds his place until someone takes it off him.
Probably more about form than resting him

I love the kid but he's been a bit off. Not too fussed either way but I wouldn't be surprised if he was the sub at least

Think RTB will back them in again
Would love King in for Cordy
Bytel or Windy having a full game would be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back