Preview Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 19th August, 7:25PM AEST *HIGGINS 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 37 77.1%
  • Cats

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to interfere but I do think it’s important to use correct grammar
and spelling whenever you write something, irrespective of where
you are writing it.
You should mix with some Geelong supporters, we can put you on
the right path and help correct those annoying traits, as we are all
very well spoken at this club. 😎😉
How's f-ck off work for you pal

Disagree. Language is about communication. If the audience can understand what you’re saying then it doesn’t matter if it’s technically “correct”.
That's nice.
Won't stop you from being judged, and not always unfairly either.
If you want people to assume you know what you're writing about, it helps to write well. Each to their own, I don't dress well, and am happy to be judged for that.

Footy's footy, anyway. You can know your footy without knowing your past participles. Matty Lloyd having a media job is evidence of that.

Austinnn was the hash-coloured, red-eyed Wiggle by the way. Didn't last long.

Now Skunkhour were a great band. "Do you like it?" was epic

They were never my thing but they were a great live band. One of those super hardworking Aussie staples of the live music scene. They were super tight and got the energy levels up where ever they played.

There is a known scientific formula you can use to work out how many drinks George has had the night before based on what time the game day thread goes up.

I know how he feels, I went out last night, I'm so hung over. I only got out of bed because my head was too sore to sleep. I'm getting too old for big nights.

They were never my thing but they were a great live band. One of those super hardworking Aussie staples of the live music scene. They were super tight and got the energy levels up where ever they played.
Only saw them live on Recovery, but the cd was on high rotation.

Disagree. Language is about communication. If the audience can understand what you’re saying then it doesn’t matter if it’s technically “correct”.

John-Tenniel-Humpty-Dumpty.jpg

I know how he feels, I went out last night, I'm so hung over. I only got out of bed because my head was too sore to sleep. I'm getting too old for big nights.

I don't have to worry about that stuff. Haven't had an alcoholic drink since the day my wife told me she was pregnant with our now 13 year old son. I don't miss hangovers at all mate.

Only saw them live on Recovery, but the cd was on high rotation.
Loved that the dude from Skunkhour rapped with an Aussie accent. Was pretty rare back then. Up To Our Necks In It was a bloody good song. Dylan's band, Brown Hornet, were underrated too. Really good fun live. Think he might have set the ceiling cushions of The Evelyn alight with his firebreathing one night though.

That's nice.
Won't stop you from being judged, and not always unfairly either.
If you want people to assume you know what you're writing about, it helps to write well.

Yeah totally. And yet some of the smartest and most accomplished people I know don't give a s**t about capital letters and punctuation in contexts where it's not needed. Doesn't stop them from getting the message across and being very effective - in fact, probably helps because they're focusing on the important things like the message rather than the medium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah totally. And yet some of the smartest and most accomplished people I know don't give a s**t about capital letters and punctuation in contexts where it's not needed. Doesn't stop them from getting the message across and being very effective - in fact, probably helps because they're focusing on the important things like the message rather than the medium.
It's really hard to understand some of the messages these days, as people seem to have problems expressing themselves in a way that can be clearly understood. No what I meen..

I don't have to worry about that stuff. Haven't had an alcoholic drink since the day my wife told me she was pregnant with our now 13 year old son. I don't miss hangovers at all mate.

I wish I had the discipline to not drink. Hangovers are s**t.

Loved that the dude from Skunkhour rapped with an Aussie accent. Was pretty rare back then. Up To Our Necks In It was a bloody good song. Dylan's band, Brown Hornet, were underrated too. Really good fun live. Think he might have set the ceiling cushions of The Evelyn alight with his firebreathing one night though.
Clowns of decedence were a great live band,
Adelaide band, fire breathing was part of their regular set...I saw the Flinders Uni Tavern ceiling set a light more then once....there always a fire extinguisher on hand stage side everytime they played.

There is a known scientific formula you can use to work out how many drinks George has had the night before based on what time the game day thread goes up
Might need to review that fOrMuLa chief, I was actually over at one of my many mistresses houses with the leg over 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back