Autopsy Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong *HIGGINS 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

What I love most about Sharman is his kicking. Beautiful kick both for goal and to a teammate.

We're probably only scratching the surface of what he could become right now. Premiership teams are littered with players of his ilk, it's a vital role the third forward option but he is also versatile. Has really cemented his spot in the side playing defensive forward roles and good on him.
I notice most of his disposals hit a teammate by hand or foot.. excellent skills and decision-making and doesn't need a lot of disposals to be effective. I think Caminiti will be valuable with a good pre-season and just more experience under his belt. We have good options now to swing forward.

Last edited:
Time to focus on our game rather than the Crows v Swans goal umpiring debacle.

Highlight of the night for me was Sharman's big grab over Stewart in a pack, that mark and goal came at a crucial time for us too after a Geelong goal.

He's still built like a twig but he is a fierce competitor and one of our most reliable shots for goal, I'm glad that Ross is realising just how good this kid is.

We got a steal picking him up in the mid season draft.

What struck me about that mark was how he flew early to get the knee up and take position from Stewart, who initially had the better position. It shows real craft.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

What struck me about that mark was how he flew early to get the knee up and take position from Stewart, who initially had the better position. It shows real craft.

It was a bit of a fluke that he took it - a high degree of difficulty but that it stuck in his hands should give him a lot
of confidence to keep going for his marks.

May have been spoken about already - how was Gresham playing on from Higgins’ free in the first 30 seconds surrounded by Cats! Lucky Owens had the capacity to step through traffic.
He saw Owens next to him so he knew he’d be alright. You could argue it was the better option because Higgins probably would’ve missed the set shot anyway, he’s in terrible set shot form again.

nfc championship nfl GIF

Crows situation giving me PTSD
For those that don’t watch NFL..
That was the most blatant pass interference you will ever see, on a game winning touchdown in the equivalent of a prelim.
But the league just moved the rams to LA.
LA being a basketball market as Sydney is a rugba leeg market here.
No whistle.

Or basically..

drew brees football GIF

Did you have to remind me of THAT crime!

7 days ago I would’ve been tempted to slip these guys a mickey however this joyous Sainter is quite happy to let the poor bastards enjoy their meal

NWODOH2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a bit of a fluke that he took it - a high degree of difficulty but that it stuck in his hands should give him a lot
of confidence to keep going for his marks.
Dermie pointed it out early on, for a forward, he has strange running patterns and attacks a marking contest at a 45 degree angle. With his leap he and being unimpeded he can take these types of marks.

Helps when there are targets like Marshall, King, Membrey and Wood taking big contested marks. Hard for the defence to block all of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don’t think we’re getting enough credit for being the best defensive team in the league. Taking blokes who outside of Wilkie are not considered great defenders to conceding the least amount of points is seriously impressive.
Battle is perenially under rated and under appreciated. Was good last year and is good this year.

I think it speaks volumes of the system too that Cordy could come in and do a job with minimal fuss.

7 days ago I would’ve been tempted to slip these guys a mickey however this joyous Sainter is quite happy to let the poor bastards enjoy their meal

NWODOH2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny, Voss The Toss was on his way to grab breakfast this morning. Looking fragile xoxo

20230823_102130.jpg

Really poor decision
A goal is a really poor decision?

We played on all night, from every position. It was obviously a plan to. So Gres plays to team rules, gets the team up and about with the assist for the first goal in 30 seconds and thats bad?

Weird.

A goal is a really poor decision?

We played on all night, from every position. It was obviously a plan to. So Gres plays to team rules, gets the team up and about with the assist for the first goal in 30 seconds and thats bad?

Weird.
He played on from 30 metres out straight into traffic. Was lucky Ownes didn't panic like Gresham did.

Obviously was a poor decision, hence why Gresham was apologising profusely immediately afterwards.

Team rule to play on doesn't mean you blindly want players playing on under all circumstances.

Pretty weird post, but I suspect u just want to argue for something to do. Nothing new there.

I really don’t think we’re getting enough credit for being the best defensive team in the league. Taking blokes who outside of Wilkie are not considered great defenders to conceding the least amount of points is seriously impressive.
Blokes like Wood deserve a lot of credit. He works so hard to push back and plug gaps.

His gut running is really impressive.

You hanging out across the road from Ikon Park mate?

Keen for a glimpse were ya
Work close by. View from the office directly into the ground, can spy on more than just Vossy 😍

Fwiw if Gresh got dispossessed or done HTB or the handball missed and we turned it over from what should have been a set shot from 20 out EVERYONE would have wanted him drawn and quartered and fair cause it wasn’t playing the odds.
Exactly. You can do that, but generally preferably you’re not surrounded by the opposition 🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back