Autopsy Round 1, 2024: Geelong v St.Kilda *COLLARD, WILSON DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What about when Hawkins got pinged for a throw and had a huge sook about it. Then they show the replay and it's the most obvious throw you've ever seen. He is such a sooky unlikeable player.

Also another whinge, Atkins definitely held onto Henry in that critical last centre bounce.
The Cats were throwing the ball all night.

You do realise he was a sub last week yeah?

If we'd have had Billlings playing that game yesterday for us, we'd probably have won.
23 disp
15 marks
10 Score involvements
5 inside 50's
2 goal assists
1 goal

That's about a good a game as you could ask for, no need to bag him.
He played half a game. So yes two possessions is a much much better return

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news everyone. Laura Kane has reviewed the Stocker/Dangerfield free and is comfortable with it.

So if you see a player going for the ball on the ground just go up and knee them in the back and you'll get a free.

Farcical.

I personally liked the, and I quote; "we're just pleased players didn't leave injured or hurt from that." from her in that sign off.

Shows how full of s**t she is in what they viewed given the whole immediate grab of the lower back, phyios going out and Stocker hobbling off the ground obviously injured that came after that to state that "no players left injured" is categorically bullshit. Then again, the AFL is rife with such things, so she's only towing the line of lining up, bending over and sucking and taking it like the money hungry bitches they are.

How about at an AGM we all bumrush her to knee her in the back and see if she thinks she's injured at that point?

Players aren't stupid. It was only ticked off because it was Dangerfield. Classic Superstar ruling.

If the roles were reserved, no way the free kick is paid to Stocker or would the AFL say the decision is correct.

It's a rule so they'll look stupid if they don't.

I personally liked the, and I quote; "we're just pleased players didn't leave injured or hurt from that." from her in that sign off.

Shows how full of s**t she is in what they viewed given the whole immediate grab of the lower back, phyios going out and Stocker hobbling off the ground obviously injured that came after that to state that "no players left injured" is categorically bullshit. Then again, the AFL is rife with such things, so she's only towing the line of lining up, bending over and sucking and taking it like the money hungry bitches they are.

How about at an AGM we all bumrush her to knee her in the back and see if she thinks she's injured at that point?
That pissed me right off saying no one injured.

We should ask her when they will review the North draft concessions too. They already traded them, no one saw that coming Laura.

Piss off into politics Laura.

Disgraceful comments

“It’s fine obviously when you dive head-first or hand-first at the footy. It’s more the one where you’re running. Obviously the one that happened to me, and slide feet-first, that’s the more dangerous one I reckon.

“They’re trying to protect the players, but I think they’ve gone a bit too far the other way."

That comment is from 2019. Perhaps Laura Kane should ask the bloke who was the catalyst for the rule change what he thought of the free being paid against Stocker.

Oh wait he has. Bush League.

This is a trend that has been going for a while now where there is less and less point / reward in trying to be first to the ball or actually take possession. You see it all the time now with players paddling in front of them because htb is so randomly adjudicated plus there's always the chance of a holding / tackling without the ball free.

There's also the bizarre just flat out dropping the ball a lot which seems to be ok.

The guiding principle should be simple - if a player has the opportunity to take possession and chooses not to, then the defender / oppo player should be given very wide latitude (imo this should include not pinging tackles where the player chose not to take possession of the footy - bit controversial I know).

Conversely, a player going in hard at the footy to take possession should be accorded every latitude and allowance for that act (and noting of course here that sliding in legs first is not trying to take possession). I know Stocker was looking to slap it away but the principle applies.

I don't like the 'dragged it in / under' frees because at least the player is trying to get hands on the footy.

She is flavour of the month and the next big thing at the AFL so be prepared to see and hear a lot more from her.

Seems very pleasant, has a nice line of patter and very political. (Know anyone like that at your workplace?).

Now is she up to the job? If a few AFL underlings of hers voluntarily or involuntarily leave to pursue other opportunities you will know the answer.

She doesn't come across as a big thinker in her interviews, but she's great at parroting the party line - the AFL love that s**t.

Personally find him one of the more considered and thoughtful posters on here. Without getting into the specifics of the current debate, would back his arguments to be right over the long-term more often than not

Think you will find he is more than a 'supposed' supporter mate. Never seen anything to doubt he loves the jumper

No I do respect that and also his opinions, they're well thought out and delivered most of the time. The 'supposed supporter' was a bit of a cheap jibe, simply b/c the size of the bee in this bonnet over RTB is like something from a Roadl Dahl book. It's insane, it's not objective whatsoever, I don't care how well educated someone may be. We lost Rnd 1 by under 10 points with the youngest team for the round doing the hardest roadtrip in football. And if you jump into the thread on the Main Board (thankfully now on page 2), there are literal essays from him on the topic, there is a severe lack of lateral thought on the matter, his mind is made up, there's not a chance in the universe RTB could ever change and to quote the end of one of this posts -- "Dark times ahead."

Fckn spare me.

He’s pretty passionate about coaching. He’s big on how much soccer has changed through coaching and thinks we’re a bit behind the times. It’s just an opinion like everyone else has.

Yes but it's an opinion expressed ad neuseum without heed for the other side. Gringos I always respected his posts in the past and thought him a real smart good egg, until this anti-RTB campaign began, and kept going, and going. Also without being arsed getting into it, not sure how well coaching comparisons between soccer<-->aussie rules fly. Just totally different sports in many senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back