Preview Round 1, 2024: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 16th March, 7:30PM AEDT *COLLARD, WILSON DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 62 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My notes from training.
  • We need big Haysey as soon he is ready. He is just such a perfect second forward ruck and finds a way to win one v ones.
  • Without sincs I am worried that Nas and Bonner will turnover it a bit too much especially with our run and gun game.
  • I think out forward line is goof although I do worry about our speed at ground level if it is just Higgins as the small.
  • I think Ross wants Collard in asap. There was point where he was in the sub position for the 'seconds' team and Ollie Hotton was on the ground. Ross yelled out to Collard and asked him what he was doing. Ross then immidately pulled off hotton and put collard straight on. He then switched him to the 'First' team not long after. (hence the thinking of him debuting this week.

Jones looked very good I must say.
Pou did some nice things including one run through from half back through the midfield. I've said it before but once he gets sme easier possession I think we will see him explode.

Seriously everything this year will be about our run from half back. Everytime they are looking to just give it and go.

Everyone else looked very much the same. Any question shoot them through.
That's some quality track watching mate. Well done.

Fairly surprised to see Collard in so early, but very exciting. I'm loving how much Ross is backing the kids.

So, first up game at KP, traditional bogey ground, against one of the most successful teams in the last ten years, Premiers only 18 months ago.
If this team had been selected under either Richo or Ratts, I’d be WTF!
But it’s been selected under RTB, and I’m still WTF, but for completely opposite reasons.
If such a thing is possible, this is a statement selection.
Two 2023 draftees named in the team, another two named as emergencies with the third emergency being a second year player.
Not counting Owens, Phillipou, Windhager, NAS, and Titanic!
Reputation and tenure is no longer a guarantee of a game.
The Richo/Ratts eras are over.
Pretty clear where RTB is heading.
I am pumped!

This is the shape of the team that will be playing finals.

Whatever happens on Saturday, our direction is exciting.
Exactly, you've got to start somewhere. Last year was about exploration...this year is about the team and playing style that the coaches actually want. It may be a rocky, less than consistent ride this year as a result, but towards the back half of the year - and barring injuries - we should be seeing some exciting things.

I Like Swimsuit GIF by MOODMAN

List of players not selected is interesting. Especially as the first 5 listed below come back from injury.

Best 22 Unavailable
  • Howard
  • Clark
  • Sinclair
  • Butler
  • Dow
  • Webster (S)

Not best 22 Unavailable
  • Hayes
  • Van Es
  • Heath
  • Paton

Available not selected
  • Garcia (E)
  • Caminiti (E)
  • Schoenmaker (E)
  • Campbell
  • Jones
  • Hastie
  • Allison
  • Mclennan
  • Hotton
  • Oconnor

Every player gets a mirror. Footy sure has changed.
It sure has Pakenhamsaint.........when I was lucky enough to be shown the new AFLW wing when it was completed......the lady leading the tour showed us the girls mirrors in their lockers.

She started yissing herself and said the guys look at themselves in their mirrors way way more than the girls do.

:):)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it is very much the elephant in the room with how good all our youngsters are looking.

Positionally makes sense with Butler out. We don't have much pressure forward depth.

Lol

I don't think it really matters which one is named on the bench and which one is on the wing, they are both playing.

We get you don't rate Byrnes
Never said Ryan wasn't playing, I just said Wood won't be starting on the bench as per your team , not that hard to understand is it Lol

Last edited:
Lol

I don't think it really matters which one is named on the bench and which one is on the wing, they are both playing.

We get you don't rate Byrnes
Funny part is I rated him way more than most on here 5 years ago but in my eyes has just not come on as I thought he would , think he will be a gun at vfl just not afl

Funny part is I rated him way more than most on here 5 years ago but in my eyes has just not come on as I thought he would , think he will be a gun at vfl just not afl
You are probably right in that he will be a gun at VFL level.

But he has an AFL level tank and seems to be able to accumulate.

I reckon he cracks 100 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back