Autopsy Round 1, 2024: Geelong v St.Kilda *COLLARD, WILSON DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

St kilda football club making s**t trucks look like superstars since 1897, Oliver Dempsey will be delisted at years end horrible player

Why does every one of their youth players look like a lesbian netball player from the country? Some kind of conspiracy to steal dole payments from single teenage mums in Norlane?

Why does every one of their youth players look like a lesbian netball player from the country? Some kind of conspiracy to steal dole payments from single teenage mums in Norlane?
5d08210c1e43d83d07f01b49dfcc47e3

Misogyny or ignorance of the rules. Perhaps it's both.

Stocker dived to tap the ball because he knew he wasn't going to beat Dangerfield to the ball any other way.

That action caused forceful contact below the knees to Dangerfield.

Know the rules and you understand that it was a free kick every day of the week.
I respectfully disagree.

Stocker was diving at the ball, but not at or toward Dangerfield.

Stocker arrives first, not second or even simultaneously.

Dangerfield arrives late, recklessly enters the contest, knees the player in the contest, and collects him high.

Geelong beat us with class and star power. The class was in the finish of players like Cameron. Dangerfield's star power won him that free kick.

I respectfully disagree.

Stocker was diving at the ball, but not at or toward Dangerfield.

Stocker arrives first, not second or even simultaneously.

Dangerfield arrives late, recklessly enters the contest, knees the player in the contest, and collects him high.

Geelong beat us with class and star power. The class was in the finish of players like Cameron. Dangerfield's star power won him that free kick.

Danger is coming at his head with an elbow if you watch it frame by frame and changes last minute to grab his face. Stocker actually drops lower to avoid head contact. He'd already got rid of the ball by the time Danger gets there. It should have been a high contact free before it even got to the sliding in rule. It was a badly administered free kick. Won't be the first or last but it will probably be the reason for a change the rule next year no matter what Laura Kane says.

View attachment 1932910

I'd assume it was under (c) that Bonner got done according to the umpire, but you are correct in that it has to do with distance and pressure also.

That free was at the St Kilda end and at no stage was Bonner in control of the ball (it was a fumble), and therefore intent was impossible.

Does anybody think Collard looked out of place? I didn’t. He made a great run down from behind tackle, ran great lines got to the right spots just couldn’t get the service from his teammates to bring him into the game.

I watched the game again last and we did get the rough end of a few umpiring calls, but that happens at all away games. The other thing was I noticed whilst watching it without being emotive, is that we played a lot better than I had initially believed, excluding our midfield. We were in the game and missed a lot of gettable shots on goals that would have made a huge difference, but so did they so I guess it balances out.

What really bites is reading the media rubbing in that we havent down there for 25 years, it would be nice to address that and hammer them when given a chance again. Its not good for the players overall psyche having that hanging over them, plus the remaining of our club history it must burden them whether they acknowledge it or not.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back