Game Day Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong *HIGGINS 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The agony I feel anticipating that Geelong may overrun us in the last purely because we have been incompetent in our set shots is overwhelming.
We should have iced this game long ago, and be what...6,7,8? goals up.
Come on lads!
Season on the line. Losing by doing everything right EXCEPT the set shot would kill me.

Too many easy shots at goal gone missing. Lyon just needs to give the forwards an earful at the break. Need to get Max isolated a bit in the forward line

3 goals 6 to 2 goals 1 that quarter. We are killing them everywhere, except where it counts.

Hopefully the geriatric Cats will fade a bit and we'll finish off running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many easy shots at goal gone missing. Lyon just needs to give the forwards an earful at the break
I think he needs to give Higgins some reassurance. Get him to reset, don't put any more pressure on his head. Try to take the pressure off so the next time he lines up for goal he's walking in as relaxed as possible.

The agony I feel anticipating that Geelong may overrun us in the last purely because we have been incompetent in our set shots is overwhelming.
We should have iced this game long ago, and be what...6,7,8? goals up.
Come on lads!

6.10 from set shots, when you consider where have kicked them from that should be more like 10.6, 12.4 almost. It really is a detriment at present.

His kicking and reading of the play not quite there, but his 1 on 1 work is very good and still reads the play pretty damn well, makes a fair few intercepts, just not quite on Wilkie-tier yet.
Does some fanstastic hard work off the ball… little blocks and shepherds… halves a lot of ground balls for a big, ungainly bloke.

Always looks slow and awkward, but seems to be in the right place more often than not.

Healthy dash of annoying mongrel prick in him too.

Ill admit, I’ve become a convert, even as a decoy forward.

Is Cameron playing? Genuinely have not seen him lol

He's been s**t. Got caught a couple of times and looked rushed. Absolutely getting slaughtered. Whoever is manning him up has killed him.

3/4 time talk:

'Right, keep it going, but the next person to miss a gimme gets their legs broken'

His kicking and reading of the play not quite there, but his 1 on 1 work is very good and still reads the play pretty damn well, makes a fair few intercepts, just not quite on Wilkie-tier yet.
Must admit thou he was a hack but we look steadier down there than with Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back