Preview Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 19th August, 7:25PM AEST *HIGGINS 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 37 77.1%
  • Cats

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Geelong. Owens to kick a goal that deflects off the goal post and knocks Jeremey Cameron's stupid constipation face straight and he retires to the farm where he can breed with his sheep.

* Geelong. Owens to kick a goal that deflects off the goal post and knocks Jeremey Cameron's stupid constipation face straight and he retires to the farm where he can breed with his sheep.
Looks like we've started early 😍

I think this is winnable. We will need four quarters of effort but can’t see why we can’t match geelong.
Seems strange it’s round 23 and the first time we play them.

Last Saturday night game for the year, will make a night of it.
Last home game for St kilda as well

Cats midfield is where we beat them.

Bombing the ball to Stewart/SDK all night is a very St Kilda way to lose it. I like to think we might be learning and we won't do that.

Four quarters required.

Cats beat us every time in the past with their size and strength sweeping us aside. We are in good shape to turn that around due to them falling away a bit, getting older and missing some height. Us having a full list and some young talent emerging.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 extra days break for the Cats. Feels like we’re getting dealt that card every week. Despite that, I think we will smash them in the middle, and if we can drop our eyes a bit and not just bomb it long, I think it could be a magnificent day.

Sow up a finals spot and end those entitled *ers season.

Our most recent gaps between games have been:
7, 8, 7, 7, 7

No six day breaks in over a month. Having a six day break for this one is certainly not an excuse.
How many days have the opposition had in each of these games? Have had 1 more day in any of them?

How many days have the opposition had in each of these games? Have had 1 more day in any of them?
We had more of a break than North, but I really don't think it matters much anyway. If we were having back to back 6 day breaks regularly it'd be different, but we are getting plenty of time between games. 7 days vs 8 or 9 day breaks are much of a muchness. No excuses here.

We had more of a break than North, but I really don't think it matters much anyway. If we were having back to back 6 day breaks regularly it'd be different, but we are getting plenty of time between games. 7 days vs 8 or 9 day breaks are much of a muchness. No excuses here.
I don’t disagree but it would be nice to be on the other side of the ledger at some stage. Last month.

Geelong 2 extra days
Richmond 2 extra days
Carlton 2 extra days
Hawthorn 1 extra day

One win is so important. Any bit of help would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back