Preview Round 11, 2023: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 27th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 56 88.9%
  • Hawks

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably just Membrey in for Owens.
Agree that's the obvious one although it would make us so slow and predictable. Membrey just doesn't have the speed by mind, the agility or the ability to win clearance. The flipside is Membrey could play second ruck and then drift back and intercept which he's very good at.

Personally would prefer we played the extra mid and we can rotate one to rest up forward. Not sure who plays second ruck, maybe Hammer.

Agree that's the obvious one although it would make us so slow and predictable. Membrey just doesn't have the speed by mind, the agility or the ability to win clearance. The flipside is Membrey could play second ruck and then drift back and intercept which he's very good at.

Personally would prefer we played the extra mid and we can rotate one to rest up forward. Not sure who plays second ruck, maybe Hammer.
Membrey's not a midfielder so why does his clearance winning ability matter?

Out: Owens, ross
In: membrey, windhager

It’s tough, bytel probably deserves a go before windhager on form, but can’t have bytel, Steele, crouch and Clark all in the same midfield. Slowest midfield of all time. At least windhager, although not lightning quick, has a bit more breakaway explosive speed then Ross and bytel.

Windy has to play on his 3 weeks of VFL form and we can’t justify playing Ross with 12 touches as he offers nothing else.

If i had to guess it’ll be
In - Membrey, Windy
Out - Owens, Ross
Windy wasn't that great yesterday, although it did looks like he was on the end of an opposition tag.

Bytel was definitely the better of the two, but the lack of pace is already an issue.

Tough call, but either way I'd like to see one of them come in for Ross who's last month has been awful. Playing against a young Hawthorn is probably the best time to back a young mid and see what they have too.

Mitch plays more of a high half forward role so Billings might be a better mobile option. Membrey is best as a KPF even though he has played HHF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to hitting the bye with some momentum!
I have some family from interstate coming along this week and am chasing a few level 2 tickets if anybody has some they aren't using? I'm in the reserved bay area up on level 2 in front of the members room, there will be a very pleased group of interstate sainters that would love to use your ticket if you won't be heading down.
Thanks and GO SAINTS

Windy wasn't that great yesterday, although it did looks like he was on the end of an opposition tag.

Bytel was definitely the better of the two, but the lack of pace is already an issue.

Tough call, but either way I'd like to see one of them come in for Ross who's last month has been awful. Playing against a young Hawthorn is probably the best time to back a young mid and see what they have too.

I just can't see Bytel coming in unless we drop Steele or Crouch. All are one position, one speed inside mids. Ross for Windy looks the only real choice, he can play that more inside-outside/tagger role. I guess we'll find out if Ross was playing a role or just s**t next week.

I just can't see Bytel coming in unless we drop Steele or Crouch. All are one position, one speed inside mids. Ross for Windy looks the only real choice, he can play that more inside-outside/tagger role. I guess we'll find out if Ross was playing a role or just s**t next week.
That was the midfield we went with in round one so I wouldn’t rule it out.

But it does look like it leaves us a little slow in there, which is a shame for Bytel. To be honest I don’t see him ever becoming a quality senior player but it would at least be nice to see him get another opportunity just so we know for sure.

I don’t see why Membrey should be an automatic inclusion.

We had 27 scoring shots yesterday, just one off our best which was 28 against Gold Coast.

The forward set up looked very good and Membreys form has not been great. Let him earn his spot back in the VFL and give some kids their well earned opportunity.

Just on Seb, and I didn't notice him for a half yesterday, and his disposal numbers reflect that. But he had 5 inside 50s, 4 clearance and 5 one-percenters (only Howard had more, and Howard is an all-time one-percenter accumulator). So he was doing something important.

Options appear to be a midfielder (Bytel, Windhager, Billings) or a forward (Membrey, Sharman) to replace Owens. Not sure I'd support any other change.

Reckon you can bet your bottom dollar that if Skunk is available he’ll be a straight swap for Mitch. He’ll be a handful with King and Hammer presumably taking the two keys. Could be an ideal matchup for Sicily as suggested.

What they do with Seb will be fascinating. Pity Windy didn’t have another blinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back