Preview Hawks vs Saints Sat 29 Apr 1:45pm at UniTAS stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
F&^&!!! - some people have no idea - guess that's why they're sitting behind the keyboard taking anonymous potshots.

Ahh okay so it was good what he did there? Not rubbishing him saying he's weak as piss or anything, simply highlighting an example of him not winning a ball he should be winning and it costing us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

2014 Dunstan wouldn't have shirked the contest, and it's disappointing to see him seeing contact coming and flinching away.

He's wearing 7 for a reason, Lenny would've broken the other guys leg with his face before avoiding contact.

And the good thing with him is that if he is having a down game, we don't have to keep on playing him in the midfield because he's not really able to play anywhere else, unlike Luke. He also won't be taking up a bench spot for as much of the game.

Suspect that there has been so much focus on the defensive side to Luke's game that he's forgotten how to get his hands on the footy. Averaging just 15.5 disposals in his last 6 completed games. Was getting much more of it in his first 10 games of AFL footy than he is now, despite being so much more experienced now and presumably a lot fitter and stronger.

The ability's there, I suspect he just needs to rediscover it and perhaps just be let off the leash a little bit.

Seb Ross was slow inside player with poor clearance numbers and low contested possessions. He was re moulded as an outside running man and has never looked back. Hopefully Luke can get to that point in the future. He might just need time back in the magoos to remind him of how good he is.

Can anyone tell me who has been to Launceston before. Is there a grass hill? Or the like? To stand/sit on?

there is a small hill under the scoreboard that will be packed called the railway workers hill, would get there a bit early if GA tickets to get your spot

enjoy

Good luck tomorrow Sainters. I'm surprised a lot of the media are expecting the Hawks to get up, they played well but I don't think they'll be challenging for finals at all unlike the Saints. Think you're a better side then them. They haven't lost at Launceston since 2012 but I think your team will break the streak. Would be pretty ironic considering the Saints used to host games there from 2003-06. I'm looking forward to it. Considering you have their first pick, the banter on BF tomorrow will be interesting. Think you will win pretty comfortably, still reckon Hawthorn will be a bottom 4-5 side.

The question is did the hawks really wake up or was it cause Eagles are so useless at the G? My guts say 60% it was eagles the reason hawks won. But we can't underestimate the hawks, been a very solid team for the past decade. Last time we lost cause of the umps and Lewis kicking the goal. It be a interesting game, it really will tell us where we are as a group. We should really be 4 - 2. Eagles & Cats were our games to win. I'm going to say saints by 10+.

Last edited:
Good luck tomorrow Sainters. I'm surprised a lot of the media are expecting the Hawks to get up, they played well but I don't think they'll be challenging for finals at all unlike the Saints. Think you're a better side then them. They haven't lost at Launceston since 2012 but I think your team will break the streak. Would be pretty ironic considering the Saints used to host games there from 2003-06. I'm looking forward to it. Considering you have their first pick, the banter on BF tomorrow will be interesting. Think you will win pretty comfortably, still reckon Hawthorn will be a bottom 4-5 side.
Weve copped a flogging all week and rightly so. All fart and no poop.

Seb Ross was slow inside player with poor clearance numbers and low contested possessions. He was re moulded as an outside running man and has never looked back. Hopefully Luke can get to that point in the future. He might just need time back in the magoos to remind him of how good he is.

Seb Ross had upside, he was a kid and people were taking pot shots as if he was a seasoned vet and 30 despite the fact that he was a kid and was actually winning the pill and extracting it. Was always going to improve as that family is just sport by and large, they live it.

Dunstan was a bit of a man child, had some bulk to him and has suffered ever since he slimmed down like he no longer trusts himself to go in hard like he used to take the bumps like he used to and let's not forget, he started December drunk and asleep at a park coming off a shoulder reco, so hasn't been ideal preparation leading into the season either, just hasn't been able to put it together so the break will hopefully alow him to get some consistency and confidence and come back better like we know he can play.

It's a good perspective. Hope its accurate

Dunstan has regressed significantly though

I saw Luke Hodge last night walking to get some food, and he was still looking very ginger, I don't doubt he will get up for the game, but he's definitely very sore!

You mean Luke Hodge doesn't really eat Lite 'n Easy?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got to the hotel in Launceston and the Saints are staying here. Jack Steele was hanging out in the lobby, he's tall and a good looking campaigner in person, glorious man-bun.

Riewoldt, Membrey, Aaron Hamill, Jamie Cox and a few others have passed through. Hope we smash the Hawks tomorrow!

Lol, tough guy, weren't you the one having a go at a poster for posting his negative thoughts on a StKilda player recently.

No I had a go for going along with the childish "sky is falling" "rebuild failed" type crap we get here after we lose a loseable game.

Unfortunately it's a hard truth that at the moment Dunstan isn't AFL standard, has been in the past, might be in the future, but not now with his 10 possie specials. More unfortunately, he did squib that contest, pull out, avoid contact call it what you want but he avoided the coming contact and let the footy go with it, leading directly to a goal. The fact that I knew what play it was without watching the video first speaks wonders for it being a memorable low-light from that game.

I don't think that Luke is cooked as a player, and maybe using the term squib has riled up some people but at the end of the day it was a really disappointing play from a guy we expected to be an inside warrior, wearing the jumper number of probably our toughest, gutsiest in and under player. At year 4 of his career we are all expecting more.

Just got to the hotel in Launceston and the Saints are staying here. Jack Steele was hanging out in the lobby, he's tall and a good looking campaigner in person, glorious man-bun.

Riewoldt, Membrey, Aaron Hamill, Jamie Cox and a few others have passed through. Hope we smash the Hawks tomorrow!

Grand Chancellor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back