News Hawthorn asks fans to design alternate strip (Cody finishes second, winning design announced)

Remove this Banner Ad

They changed the design on her though.
Maybe she's not actually employed, as she would have had actual feedback for what they wanted and had the changes they wanted made put in before the final poll.
Trying to get us of the scent. We're onto them and their elaborate ruse.

It's totally bland and pointless. Pointless monograms have peaked.

Mind, Hawthorn are totally hamstrung here. There's not a lot that will look good in majority white + gold and brown.

Congratulations to Courtney. Nitpicking over her footy jumper design terminology.. I can't stop shaking my head over that.

Of the final three, the design that won was arguably the one all thought at the start as the least likely to win, because it's similarities to Carlton and Melbourne's existing designs.

At leeast this one will be easy for Mero.

How does this happen? It's basically our away jumper in a nut shell! The alternate ideas on here where much better than just ripping off us? Cody's design was the best incorporating history with a simple scheme that people could like. Now every clubs going to put up monograms on their away jumpers

You'd say she was an employee at Adidas, but unless I'm on their board of choosing people who look like where they're from, they couldn't have picked anyone more Cranbourne. Exactly as I imagined.

Fair to her though, it's not a bad jumper. The idea of someone coming up with this monogram though is weird, especially since we all know it'll be (re)introduced more heavily, and considering how it's an obscure choice... still, not a bad jumper whatsoever, just really boring and essentially a clash jumper. I guess Cody_ had a cool idea. That was a good idea, a clear classic look, but ultimately after all their rubbish clash solutions, they've finally chosen something that isn't garish.

I actually liked the "Brisbane Broncos" one. But that's such a boring jumper.

At least it's better than the power ranger though.

Someone at the Hawks has got a rap over the knuckles after the power ranger and indigenous/pizza debacles, and has responded by being ultra-safe. It's not bad, but it's dull, derivative and very forgettable.
Bad luck Cody.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd say she was an employee at Adidas, but unless I'm on their board of choosing people who look like where they're from, they couldn't have picked anyone more Cranbourne. Exactly as I imagined.

Perfect description and feels like all that Hawks gear she's wearing was chucked on for the occasion. It puzzles me her using the monogram, she doesn't seem like someone who'd know of past jumpers, so she just went on Mero's site and found something to add on.

But if it was me, I'd be bloody stoked to have a jumper I designed used in the AFL. It's a much better improvement of the power ranger and the flying Hawk. Does the job with the ridiculous 70% white rule from the AFL.

I find it so stupid how they need to wear a white clash in the first place.

“I enjoyed the design process and was really happy that I was one of the finalists. It is great that the club opened up the opportunity to the fans to design the guernsey and be part of the process,” Cody said

Bullshit mate, shoulda gone down swinging

It's not a bad jumper, just plain. I usually don't like drop shadows but it works on the monogram here because it's complimented by the gold on the side. I would say bad luck Cody but virtually every entry I've seen has been done before.

Quick question Cody_ - did you actually say what they quoted you saying on the article?

Yeah, and the CEO also says everything ever quoted in any big business' press releases...

The people writing that article must have short memories too. The monogram got a run for a good three years in the mid 2000s as a heritage/pre-season jumper, not exactly plucked from the annals of time like they want us to believe. It's a totally inoffensive jumper that's better than any other white jumper they've released purely because of the absence of bird heads and 'modern graphics'... but it still ain't great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back