Rumour Heath Shaw: '****ing *'

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL has made a rod for their own back here.

They've condemned racist fans, now they have a player using this kind of language.

Personally, I couldn't care less. But the league has set a precedent. Let's see if it applies to everyone.

Are they mad he said "****ing" or that he said "*"?

EDIT: A swear filter on *? Ok, slang for mentally *ed.

As a hobbyist masturbator, if I ever hear a AFL player call someone a ****** I am going to be most displeased.
You won't be alone. I was called an onanist once, ran home to check the meaning, was very offended when reading it. By the time I got back the other bloke had gone.

They should ban fancy words.

I remember in 2009 when Alan Didak was overheard on the ump mic calling Jake King a "******* midget". Everybody thought it was funny. Now Shaw says something almost identical and it's an outrage. I guess midget hadn't quite made it onto the official list of taboo insults like * has recently.

I remember in 2009 when Alan Didak was overheard on the ump mic calling Jake King a "******* midget". Everybody thought it was funny. Now Shaw says something almost identical and it's an outrage. I guess midget hadn't quite made it onto the official list of taboo insults like ****** has recently.

Give it time

I wouldn't use those words in open conversation, but honestly, it's a sporting field in the heat of battle and stuff just comes out. It could have been many other words, some of which the PC brigade would deem unacceptable, and some they wouldn't care about. As others have said, the AFL will come out & condemn it, the club will have to do the same, and Heath will be forced to apologise, will probably do some volunteer work at a related organisation, and possibly will be fined. The difference from a racist slur is that Papley isn't actually what he is sledged, so it's a comparison not a direct comment. I don't think it overshadows the Giants' win - only the media will make it out that way, frustrating that it's the AFL's own media, but unfortunately that's how they act.

lol, as long as its not personal they can call each other what they like.

piss off AFL, you virtue signalling cucks.

remember when Harry O got a free kick for a sledge?

stupid muppet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I obviously think this shouldn't really be an issue (not his fault the mics caught him saying something dumb) I'm also loathe to side with people using terms like "PC Brigade" and "cuck". Why does everyone have to be so extreme on every bloody thing? It's not enough to just say "Well, obviously that's a crap word to use but in the context, no big deal."? No, it has to be the media trying to churn out a controversy, hoping to outrage the terminally outraged which, in turn, will outrage the terminally outraged at the terminally outraged who don't realise they're just a different side of the same coin.

While I obviously think this shouldn't really be an issue (not his fault the mics caught him saying something dumb) I'm also loathe to side with people using terms like "PC Brigade" and "cuck". Why does everyone have to be so extreme on every bloody thing? It's not enough to just say "Well, obviously that's a crap word to use but in the context, no big deal."? No, it has to be the media trying to churn out a controversy, hoping to outrage the terminally outraged which, in turn, will outrage the terminally outraged at the terminally outraged who don't realise they're just a different side of the same coin.
It is honestly embarrassing, especially when it's coming from those who aren't in a vulnerable position for slurs based on things outside of their control, have some empathy ffs.

people like you embarrass me. stop pandering to political correctness. he sledged a player during footy, IT HAPPENS.

OH THE HUMANITY.
I'm not even talking about this incident in particular you clown, just the fact that any time someone makes a tasteless remark like this and is called on it a fairly ironic anti-PC brigade comes out to defend it because "muh free speech", happens every time without fail.

I'm not even talking about this incident in particular you clown, just the fact that any time someone makes a tasteless remark like this and is called on it a fairly ironic anti-PC brigade comes out to defend it because "muh free speech", happens every time without fail.
Yep, you get people who use important classical liberal doctrines to defend their racism no doubt. Agree with you 100%

But I tell you what's more prevalent?

offended social progressives willing to give up their civil rights to pander to a prevailing PC narrative.

Non-Binary gender pronouns. The ability to criticize a religion.

I will not be forced to say words that I disagree with. I will not be censored when expressing an opinion on a religion that promotes homophobia.

All they need to say is "MUH OPPRESSION" - I don't care how offended you are. Free speech mate.

Yep, you get people who use important classical liberal doctrines to defend their racism no doubt. Agree with you 100%

But I tell you what's more prevalent?

offended social progressives willing to give up their civil rights to pander to a prevailing PC narrative.

Non-Binary gender pronouns. The ability to criticize a religion.

I will not be forced to say words that I disagree with. I will not be censored when expressing an opinion on a religion that promotes homophobia.

All they need to say is "MUH OPPRESSION" - I don't care how offended you are. Free speech mate.
This is probably going off track a bit but I view non binary gender pronouns and criticising religions as being on completely different sides of the spectrum. Hell, those very religions are more likely than not to believe that people who identify as non binary don't deserve any rights.

I'm not for an authoritarian state where you can get locked up for using the wrong word, but I don't think it's too much to ask for people to consider how their words might affect others, especially if they're words that have been used to kick people to the fringes of society for decades.

A little off-topic but I don't think anybody is/can force you to say words you disagree with or censor you when expressing an opinion on a religion that promotes homophobia (which is most religions, btw)? In what instance has that occurred? People can disagree and argue with you but that's hardly censorship or forcing your speech.

I'm not for an authoritarian state where you can get locked up for using the wrong word, but I don't think it's too much to ask for people to consider how their words might affect others, especially if they're words that have been used to kick people to the fringes of society for decades.

I'll agree with you there, of course there needs to be decency and respect in a community. I think Australia (for the most part) is a wonderfully diverse and beautiful place to live and it frustrates me that incidents like this are blown up and reported as if there's an inherent sickness in Australia.

A little off-topic but I don't think anybody is/can force you to say words you disagree with or censor you when expressing an opinion on a religion that promotes homophobia (which is most religions, btw)? In what instance has that occurred? People can disagree and argue with you but that's hardly censorship or forcing your speech.

Haha yep I agree, most religions indeed. Christianity (which i criticize at a moments notice), Judaism etc. - is subject to social commentary and analysis.

It's almost taboo to criticize Islam without being labelled some kind of racist (makes no sense, a religion is not a race). There is a frightening social movement globally at the moment to legalize blasphomy laws. Basically making it illegal to criticize Islam.

Supporters call and lobby for legal *pluralism which is inherently opposed to the rule of law. It's a real problem. You have your opinion and you're a bigot.

That is marginalizing free speech. It's a dangerous road when governments can rule on what can be said or not. Governments, not people, are the most dangerous facilitators of atrocities.

*EDIT - Legal "pluralism"

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back