Rumour Heath Shaw: '****ing *'

Remove this Banner Ad

But using the term as a put down does cause offence to people who do suffer disability and their families.
No it doesn't. its not someone's fault if they have a disability that means their mind doesn't function as well as in other humans. No one disparages those people for having that problem. Most of us have problems in some shape or form. However if a person doesn't have such a problem but acts like they do then they should be called out for it and the best way to do that is to label them as if they do have the problem. It should never be taken as offence to those who actually have the problem.

I ******* urge all Bigfooty members to band together and fight for out ******* rights to express ourselves the way we ******* want without the ******* authorities ******* with our freedom of expression. Lets all get together and give a one big **** YOU to these ******* PC Nazis who are trying to take away our ******* liberties.
Yeah, because the most important thing is retaining the basic human right to be an inconsiderate individual who has a negative impact on many others.

No it doesn't. its not someone's fault if they have a disability that means their mind doesn't function as well as in other humans. No one disparages those people for having that problem. Most of us have problems in some shape or form. However if a person doesn't have such a problem but acts like they do then they should be called out for it and the best way to do that is to label them as if they do have the problem. It should never be taken as offence to those who actually have the problem.
You do disparge them by doing that.

Yeah, because the most important thing is retaining the basic human right to be an inconsiderate individual who has a negative impact on many others.

It's the alt-right movement in a nutshell - 'we should be able to be dicks to others, without being called out for being dicks'

You stole that from Scrubs. Boo.

images

It's the alt-right movement in a nutshell - 'we should be able to be dicks to others, without being called out for being dicks'

Pretty much it. No one has asked for him to disembowel himself as penance, we haven't heard of the AFL proposing to sanction him and no one on here has called for his head but that doesn't stop the morons coming on here and telling us about how their rights to be *******s are being infringed upon. Meanwhile, and much like the free speech champions Bernadi and Bolt who have threatened to sue people to silence them, they immediately come out on the attack if you hit a soft spot. The right to say stupid ignorant stuff comes with others' right to call them an ignorant idiot. On the specific issue of whether *ed is offensive, no it is not to YOU. I remember a middle aged teacher with a brother with down syndrome who was in tears after overhearing a schoolyard conversation that went along the lines of 'you're a *, no you're a *' in amongst a lot of laughter. It is an uncivilised word spoken by a person with a history of being a mouthy *******. He has apologised for being a ******* which will probably be the end of it, so anyone that has a problem with this is probably a ******* as well.

This shouldn't even be a thing.

Unless of course Papley has recovered from some sort of vegetative state previously.

This kind of logic doesn't make sense.

If Heath Shaw called Tom Papley a f***** (slur for gay people) is it not a thing if Papley isn't gay?

This kind of logic doesn't make sense.

If Heath Shaw called Tom Papley a f***** (slur for gay people) is it not a thing if Papley isn't gay?
It would certainly carry much less meaning, and therefore hardly much of a case for outrage.

It would certainly carry much less meaning, and therefore hardly much of a case for outrage.
When i was a kid growing up in the country there was a caucasian boy at school whose nicknames were any derogatory term typically thrown at indigenous australians we could think of. Do you think this affected the kid who actually was indigenous?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When i was a kid growing up in the country there was a caucasian boy at school whose nicknames were any derogatory term typically thrown at indigenous australians we could think of. Do you think this affected the kid who actually was indigenous?
Derp. Of course.

Your friend sounds like a jerk.

Good to see excessive sledging stamped out imo.

But call him out and move on. Leading the news? How anyone over 30 frothing at the mouth survived childhood, the school yard and junior sport survived is beyond me. I have heard far far worse.

Not excusing it but come on.

What happens on the field should (generally) stay on the field, BUT......if I said that in my workplace I am sure my boss would have me in his office. The AFL can't have their cake and eat it too.....if it's a workplace then he gets a please explain......

haha - Heath Shaw is one angry dude, mental case. Love Tom Liberatore taunting him about it in last years prelim. Bring back the sledge!

You grew up with Dermie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back