Mallard

Draftee
Jun 14, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Valencia CF
Hello!

I'm quite new in this sport. In fact, as a spaniard Guy, it is not very common to watch aussie rules football (I guess a lot of people in Spain don't even know this sport), but I read an article in a Spanish newspaper talking about Australian football when soccer was postponed and I found it interesting (and, I'm not gonna cheat, I didn't have many options available at the time either... The funny thing is that, after a few days, the AFL was also postponed, but, at that time, I had already seen a game and the poison was already in my body).

Also, Andrew Mueller, who is also featured in the article as the author of the book "Carn", was recommending AFL teams by Twitter to European fans based on his favorite soccer team, so I asked for an AFL team. As a Valencia fan, he recommends me Essendon.

Looking for a place where I could talk and read about the AFL, I found out this forum, so here I am.

During the break, I have been watching classic games on YouTube, but I am looking forward to the weekend so I can see more live games.

Excuse me if i commit any mistakes writing. Obviously, English is not my mother tongue... hahaha

Cheers!

Thank you, buddy!! I'm beggining to suspect that maybe Essendon it's not the most popular team... :think: :tearsofjoy:

Hello!

I'm quite new in this sport. In fact, as a spaniard Guy, it is not very common to watch aussie rules football (I guess a lot of people in Spain don't even know this sport), but I read an article in a Spanish newspaper talking about Australian football when soccer was postponed and I found it interesting (and, I'm not gonna cheat, I didn't have many options available at the time either... The funny thing is that, after a few days, the AFL was also postponed, but, at that time, I had already seen a game and the poison was already in my body).

Also, Andrew Mueller, who is also featured in the article as the author of the book "Carn", was recommending AFL teams by Twitter to European fans based on his favorite soccer team, so I asked for an AFL team. As a Valencia fan, he recommends me Essendon.

Looking for a place where I could talk and read about the AFL, I found out this forum, so here I am.

During the break, I have been watching classic games on YouTube, but I am looking forward to the weekend so I can see more live games.

Excuse me if i commit any mistakes writing. Obviously, English is not my mother tongue... hahaha

Cheers!
Welcome!

You can come join us on the Essendon board!

Thank you, buddy!! I'm beggining to suspect that maybe Essendon it's not the most popular team... :think: :tearsofjoy:
The big clubs will always have their haters, but we ignore them haha.

Hi Mallard. I really wanted Maty Ryan to do well at Valencia, but when he arrived, the situation at your club wasn't very stable iirc. He's done well at Brighton, but to see him excel at a big club like Los Che would've been great.

Great choice of club! Welcome. I was meant to be in Spain in April but for obvious reasons it didn't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back