Henry Slattery Effect

Remove this Banner Ad

I had wondered whether to discount 2016 for the likes of Zaharakis and Hartley. The question would be if it unfairly impacted their records or if it has shaped the culture to which they are now accustomed? Probably needs to be taken into consideration while there are still only 18 proven winners on the list.

2016 fought harder than this group, light on talent, big on heart.

I had wondered whether to discount 2016 for the likes of Zaharakis and Hartley. The question would be if it unfairly impacted their records or if it has shaped the culture to which they are now accustomed? Probably needs to be taken into consideration while there are still only 18 proven winners on the list.
Not just Hartley and Zaharakis. Merrett, Fantasia, Francis, Ambrose, McKernan and others as well.

I think you just leave it though.

Where excluding 2016 is absolutely correct is when looking at any metric of games played versus total possible, for the suspended players. I recall someone once stating (at the end of 2017) that Myers had played 100 of a possible 224 or something, and that included the 22 games of 2016. Seemed a bit harsh considering the circumstances behind his 0 total that year.

I mean, Heppell, Hooker and Hurley had such a horrific 2016 that we didn’t even select them for a game! :rainbow:

I think Zaharakis shouldn't have 2016 wiped. He's played nearly 200 games. Hartley, Ambrose, Brown have played around 30-50% of their games that year so harsh on them to include it

Don’t know why games played would come into it at all.
Because he's had one season completely wiped and we weren't expecting to do stuff. 20 of 200 games are gone? Boo freaking hoo.

I miss him.
07EsWC11LC-876-760x438.jpg

GIVE US A HUG MATE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back