Universal Love Hey Eddie, surprise

Remove this Banner Ad

pjb161052 if you would like to communicate with me feel free here not privately. Or I’ll report you.

I used the Brisbane and Fitzroy jumper as an example of recognising their history.

no different to Port, Brisbane can anytime.
He pm'd me also lol flog

I’d be a bit embarrassed to support a club that filled my sons veins with god knows what
Stands by the club, as opposed to use his position as the one parent of players with the power to demand an answer. Chose the Club over his own son. Tim Watson is a s**t father and a s**t bloke. Eddie is an a-hole, but having two sons, I despise Watson more.

Tina Terlato killed newborn Amanda and assaulted the youngster's twin sister Alicia so brutally in their suburban Melbourne home on Anzac Day in 2012 that she now has lifelong disabilities.

She pleaded guilty to the downgraded charge of infanticide rather than murder, meaning she never spent a day behind bars, and has since been approved to work with children in a new role with the Essendon cheer club designing AFL banners.

There’s something to be embarrassed about mate.

I keep hearing or reading the word Heritage Jumper, when in fact the Prison Stripes were not Adopted until 1902, before that Port wore Nine different variations of Jumpers (Light Blue and White, White and Blue, Pink, Magenta, and Magenta and Blue) in fact the Original Jumper worn from 1870 - 1876 were light blue an white hoops or white and blue (which unless I do not know what the word Heritage means), they should be wearing either of those versions in Showdons or Hertiage round, call it whatever you like. Then in 1902 they adopted Black and White (because they couldn't get dye for their previous Jumpers), but that was not the end of it, from 1902 until present day they have worn Twenty Four versions of Black and White, interesting they wore Collingwood Jumpers in the 1951 SANFL Season, donated to them by Collingwood.
word-means1.jpg

I keep hearing or reading the word Heritage Jumper, when in fact the Prison Stripes were not Adopted until 1902, before that Port wore Nine different variations of Jumpers (Light Blue and White, White and Blue, Pink, Magenta, and Magenta and Blue) in fact the Original Jumper worn from 1870 - 1876 were light blue an white hoops or white and blue (which unless I do not know what the word Heritage means), they should be wearing either of those versions in Showdons or Hertiage round, call it whatever you like. Then in 1902 they adopted Black and White (because they couldn't get dye for their previous Jumpers), but that was not the end of it, from 1902 until present day they have worn Twenty Four versions of Black and White, interesting they wore Collingwood Jumpers in the 1951 SANFL Season, donated to them by Collingwood.

No they were not donated by Collingwood.

A heritage jumper are those worn between 1870 to 1901 but not 1902 to 1996. Bollocks.

I agree, the heritage word shouldn't be used, it is misplaced when it comes to the PB. The PB is our famous club jumper but the Vic-centric bunch have made it our 'underground' jumper for oppressing it from the national stage for 25 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm heading over to the game, I have two spare Medium size guernseys if that will fit?

Jeez are we going to cop some abuse from Collingwood fans.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Might have to split them and stitch them into 1. I’m a petite 2XL in footy jumpers.

Thanks for the offer though.

I thought it was well documented Collingwood changed after seeing us compete at a Champions of Australia carnival in Tasmania?
The 1951 guernseys were a gift from Collingwood.

"The Port Adelaide Football Club captured their 14th Premiership in 1951 under new coach Foster (Fos) Williams. The club wore Collingwood style guernseys which they received as a gift from the CFC that year."

Collingwood adopted the magpie (piping shrike) and black and white colours after seeing the SA state team.

"Williams Samuel Crawley was a supporter who had returned from a trip to South Australia, where he South Australia’s inter-colonial football team and was impressed with their black-and-white jumpers. As a local, he also knew that magpies were abundant in and around Victoria Park."

Last edited:
Perhaps a bitter twist of irony, an image seach of 'Collingwood guernsey' yields mostly pictures of Koch and the prison bars.
Google Eddie McGuire and you get pics of the Prison Bars as well. Not sure I like the idea of the Prison Bars being associated with that racist campaigner.

Screenshot_2021-05-12-09-57-19-119.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back