Hills Football League

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squiba

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
True. I think its the right level for them and im really surprised that they lost so many that they cant even field a senior or junior colts team.
What do you think of Lobethal's demise this year? Have absolutely worked themselves over IMO and lost the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AwwThatsApples

TheMagpieMan
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Hahndorf Magpies
So, are Hahndorf favourite this year?
So far they are, they've dominated the league and beaten every single team in division 1. There hasn't really been a challenge for Hahndorf so far, they always seem to win comfortably. It's no surprise they're undefeated going into their second bye.

AwwThatsApples

TheMagpieMan
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Hahndorf Magpies
Might be a stupid question, but why did they choose Nairne to go into Division 1 over say, Kersbrook? Or Ironbark?
It sounds like they've been solid in Division 2, but they certainly aren't the best.

Heardy_101

Premiership Player
Nov 20, 2011
Redhill
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
Who bloody knows, maybe the same reason they tried to kick out Echunga. I would have thought Bridgewater-Callington would want to go back up given they voluntarily dropped down a few years ago.

AwwThatsApples

TheMagpieMan
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Hahndorf Magpies
I'm a Hahndorf supporter, but this weekend I went to the Nairne Bremer United game against Blackwood, which just so turned out to be their first division 1 win! And it was also part of their 1989 premiership anniversary game!

I learned a lot more about why the HFL chose Nairne to come into division 1, and I actually think it was a pretty smart choice now. Basically, even though Nairne isn't that great at the moment their younger teams are pretty good, so in a few years time they will be well equipped to start competing, it sounds like a good long-term decision at least.

And don't call me a heretic but I bought a Nairne beenie because it was freezing.

AwwThatsApples

TheMagpieMan
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Hahndorf Magpies
The ladder is pretty competitive at the moment, I can't say there's much of a gap between the 2nd placed team to the 7th placed team.
Who will make the five?

Top Bottom