Mega Thread Hird Appeal dismissed by Full bench of the Federal Court 30/1- Hird will not appeal. Details in OP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the verdict will be handed down, then they publish the rulings on the day or at a later date (only happens if the decision was needed ASAP and extremely urgent)
From Federal Court documents:

Judgments are published within 24 hours of being released for publication by Judges' staff, often earlier.

In cases of high media interest, the Court endeavours to publish decisions within 1 hour of being delivered by the Court.

From Federal Court documents:

Judgments are published within 24 hours of being released for publication by Judges' staff, often earlier.

In cases of high media interest, the Court endeavours to publish decisions within 1 hour of being delivered by the Court.
I think lawyers involved get a copy earlier, there is often a delay to getting them published.

Not all cases, or lawyers ask for a fully reasoned verdict. Sometimes just a decision is enough.

In this case, I think the reason will be fully prepared, more just how long it takes...as your post says, ..how long it takes the judges staff to post them.

I'm not disputing your comment but what leads you to think there are no dissenting judgements? The lack of a second judge to deliver one?

It's not unusual for a dissenting judge to explain his reasons for dissent.

I await te decision with great interest.

I think Hird will lose, but I'm sticking with my original call that there is something in his appeal.

Got to love the fact that the appeal decision is handed down after the tribunal adjourns to hear closing arguments, thus meaning all evidence has been presented...

Justice Susan Kenny delivering the ruling?

That's interesting.

What do the legal eagles thing about that?

The Hon Susan Coralie KENNY
Date appointed: 16 October 1998

The Hon Anthony James BESANKO
Date appointed: 3 April 2006

The Hon Richard Conway WHITE
Date appointed: 31 August 2013

OMG, OMG, the longest serving judge with the most experience is handing down the decision .... but wait ... she is the only one of them actually based in Melbourne!!! That must mean something! Like ... I don't know ... convenience for everyone concerned?

Nope.

Essendon coach James Hird is not expected to be in court on Friday to learn whether his appeal against a ruling that ASADA has acted lawfully in its investigation into the supplements scandal. A Bombers spokesman confirmed to AFL.com.au that Hird will not be present for the judgment. - See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-29/asadadons-dday-looms#sthash.BeZ3JfDE.dpuf

Trying to avoid being in the same room with Dank? Could hardly blame him for that. :D

It's not unusual for a dissenting judge to explain his reasons for dissent.

I await te decision with great interest.

I think Hird will lose, but I'm sticking with my original call that there is something in his appeal.

Having a bit each way? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My preferred would be for James to get off and coach the Essendon Football Club while his guinea pigs get suspended and their careers ruined. Even the most blinded Essendon Hirdite would have to find that galling

Or would they?

You can always buy an Essendon membership if you want to contribute more to the poor lawyers.
margeonthelam5.png

I don't have a clue about the lawyering and what the decision might be. I am only going on the idea that Middleton seemed so definitive. Had he been on the fence or talking about grey areas then I could understand why other judges would see the case in another way. But Middleton basically said there was nothing to the case ... hard to see him being completely overruled.

In the original hearing, I thought Hird would win. Then he basically got laughed out of the courtroom.

Now it feels as if he will get laughed out of the courtroom, so my prediction is he wins.

Reserving my opinion on this appeal til i see Kenny.J stride to the Deliverance Chair.

Factors to ponder:

If she is wearing a red n black scarf.

How orange she looks.

If she is lathered in shaving foam.

If she mentions she enjoyed some lovely bagels over winter.

If she delivers a yo Bro/Sis fist bump when mentioning Andrushka's name.

Such intrigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back