Hird embroiled in drugs scandal..more on the Bombers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hird has nothing to be worried about why has he lawyered up?
He lawyered up quite a while back, too. Must've known the mud was going to fly.

It's getting hard to follow. If Essendon believe they have done nothing wrong, and Hird was shocked that they had to call for an investigation, why were Dank & to a lesser extent Robinson removed from the club? Maybe that had more to do with their shocking run of injuries in the last couple of years than any suspicions of improper conduct at the time? Maybe Bomber fans can answer that one.....

FOUR n Oh.

scoreboard

I honestly think that drug cheating is far more prevalent in sports that are individual and are more about the actual physical athletic performance.

The two extremes are track and cricket. One is pure athletics and PEDs will be of great help, the other is 100% skill and the only reason you'd need PEDs is to overcome a shoulder injury!

see ryan harris circa 2005. c rhino circa 2010, who consistently pushed 148kmph fastballs. was a mediocre medium pacer

the tell is the foreheads of cricketers. forget about one athlete, can easily be a confirmation bias, but when you take the entire teams, and compare entire teams to the 80's epoch, well, you need to make a case that forehead prominence has become a end symptom variable of cricket ability predisposition. then you compare it to other pro sports and foreheads.

Cormack's relationship with Essendon had a strained ending.
He appeared on the ABC's Four Corners program last night and said: "That organisation had a view on the path they wanted to take, they didn't believe I was the person for that role and they're entitled to do that."
On Essendon's conditioning philosophy, he said: "There was certainly a desire to . . . get the athletes bigger and stronger fairly quickly, but you know there was never a suggestion . . . from anyone that that would involve . . . practices that I wasn't comfortable with from a . . . legal perspective, just from a training design and implementation perspective."
Cormack's program centred on weights and by the end the club was keen on a running-based program.
He told the Herald Sun: "The coaching group decided they knew more about the way a training program should be designed than me, and therefore I wasn't the person for the role."

Ouch...nice chinese burn to GoldenBalls and Bomber.

Cormack's relationship with Essendon had a strained ending.
He appeared on the ABC's Four Corners program last night and said: "That organisation had a view on the path they wanted to take, they didn't believe I was the person for that role and they're entitled to do that."
On Essendon's conditioning philosophy, he said: "There was certainly a desire to . . . get the athletes bigger and stronger fairly quickly, but you know there was never a suggestion . . . from anyone that that would involve . . . practices that I wasn't comfortable with from a . . . legal perspective, just from a training design and implementation perspective."
Cormack's program centred on weights and by the end the club was keen on a running-based program.
He told the Herald Sun: "The coaching group decided they knew more about the way a training program should be designed than me, and therefore I wasn't the person for the role."

Ouch...nice chinese burn to GoldenBalls and Bomber.

The subtlety of an ex wife.

Now that WADA has confirmed that AOD9064 is a prohibited substance, when will we hear from Hird accepting responsibility for the administration of a prohibited substance to players? After all, he did say he was responsible...

Now that WADA has confirmed that AOD9064 is a prohibited substance, when will we hear from Hird accepting responsibility for the administration of a prohibited substance to players? After all, he did say he was responsible...
Is it going to come?

Makes you wonder just what the conversation between him and Kelty was, doesn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about clinical trials :rolleyes:
Ever seen a pharmaceutical ad on TV in the US? The list of possible side effects and potential adverse reactions when taken with other drug takes up more than 50% or the air time and this is on approved drugs.

So assurances from a drug company on half completed trials that haven't been fully reviewed by regulators doesn't cut it for me.

Ever seen a pharmaceutical ad on TV in the US? The list of possible side effects and potential adverse reactions when taken with other drug takes up more than 50% or the air time and this is on approved drugs.

So assurances from a drug company on half completed trials that haven't been fully reviewed by regulators doesn't cut it for me.

Due to the litigious nature of the Americans. They also have to state "Toys don't speak" in toy ads! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back