Hird hosted meeting, planned program with Dank? - 7:30 on ABC 30 July (video in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

dank is a nutcase. wildcatter
No doubt.

Bloke thought he had hit the jackpot with full endorsement of his brain meanderings becoming reality. Fruitloop. Dr. Frankenstein. Dankenstein even.

This 7:30 report has so many carefully picked snippets. There's not one damaging thing mentioned about Essendon's supplements program. Dank probably wrote the script himself.

2:10 - We'll pay for it even if we don't use it.
- Even if we have invoices for PED's it doesn't mean we used them.

2:55 - "Although he had no evidence, he believed Collingwood were on a secret human growth hormone program"
- Everyone else is doing it.

3:05 - "Dank says Hird instructed him to match the physical strength of the magpies, using any legal means possible."
- Dank doing the best he can with legal methods.

3:35 - Relating to all the injuries: Dank said "I need to use more placental cells and actovegin"
- Only substance mentioned. No mention of AOD which Essendon are believed to have used for injury recovery. Actovegin is definitely legal, AOD is contentious.

3:45 - West Coast, Hawthorn & Collingwood are biologically advanced.
- Our program is not as advanced as theirs.

It paints Dank in a good light - his program was legal, he's not the only sports scientist pushing boundaries, hes able to adapt and come up with some new strategies to get better results. Behind the ominous music this is another Dank puff piece.

I really hope you're not expecting blackcat to be able to answer all of that in one post; infact, I think blackcat needs his own special sub board here.

there was a lobby to give me the keys to the societyRELIGIONpolitics twitter ferrari, but that never came to fruition. i coulda done some damage.

This 7:30 report has so many carefully picked snippets. There's not one damaging thing mentioned about Essendon's supplements program. Dank probably wrote the script himself.

2:10 - We'll pay for it even if we don't use it.
- Even if we have invoices for PED's it doesn't mean we used them.

2:55 - "Although he had no evidence, he believed Collingwood were on a secret human growth hormone program"
- Everyone else is doing it.

3:05 - "Dank says Hird instructed him to match the physical strength of the magpies, using any legal means possible."
- Dank doing the best he can with legal methods.

3:35 - Relating to all the injuries: Dank said "I need to use more placental cells and actovegin"
- Only substance mentioned. No mention of AOD which Essendon are believed to have used for injury recovery. Actovegin is definitely legal, AOD is contentious.

3:45 - West Coast, Hawthorn & Collingwood are biologically advanced.
- Our program is not as advanced as theirs.

It paints Dank in a good light - his program was legal, he's not the only sports scientist pushing boundaries, hes able to adapt and come up with some new strategies to get better results. Behind the ominous music this is another Dank puff piece.

It sounded like a script from a bad soap opera.

Of course Hird was planning a supplements program and of course he would of met the chemist behind it. Why is everyone so surprised by this? He probably didn't oversee the whole thing but he certainly would of known about it. What is so difficult to grasp? All clubs do it?

The fact is all clubs run supplements programs and compete against each other to establish the edge. (Leigh Matthews basically admitted the same thing at Brisbane). All clubs or at least the vast majority would employ Dank like people to source supplements, training and recovery techniques to keep the players in pristine condition. The coaches would all know about it and be involved in hiring people like that. (Whether this is a good thing is another matter. Most athletes I'd guess will push the envelope as far as possible). Most clubs sail as close to the line as possible to create the best chance of winning. (Remember back in 2007 Max Rooke and another player were injected with calf blood to get back for the finals and rather than condemned it was hailed as ground breaking).

Now where Essendon have run into trouble was through the distribution channels they use. Dank/Robinson or whoever was in charge sourced the supplements from China and elsewhere in Asia, using some allegedly colourful characters (such as Shane Charters) who allegedly used the same supply lines as illegal drugs, anti-ageing drugs and PEDs that were off to gyms/ameteur and even professional athletes. The ACC investigation was in regards to the illegal importation of said drugs and as Dank and Robinson were alleged to have used the same drug channels as the other gear it ended up getting traced back to Essendon.

The reason Essendon turned themselves over to ASADA or ASADA would have investigated is because with shipments of anti ageing drugs, illicit drugs, PEDs and peptides and other drugs allegedly using the same channels as bikies and other dodgy figures may have used and from less then reputable labs in China quality control becomes impossible. A batch gets mixed up here and there etc and Essendon could not guarantee what the fu*& the players were given.

All very unsavoury and dodgy if proven yet there still remains no proof Essendon actively cheated or were even given something on the banned list. Up to ASADA to prove. And after all the leaks, time taken and grandstanding from others they would want to have done a bloody through report detailing exactly what went on.

Look, it's our great game I'm concerned about.

I just want to know the footy I'm watching is clean and fair.

Why not investigate everyone and just be sure? If the claims are all false, what's the harm?

Would think its a pretty important issue for the AFL, and worth doing.

Here's the thing Bunk...the testing is ALWAYS a couple of steps at least behind the "sports scientists". You have to be either extremely unlucky or extremely stupid to get caught. The Bombers got done on the ACC investigation. Testing was never going to catch them as they were largely being injected or patching non detectable drugs.

And I've stated many times over and will continue to do so just so I don't get accused of Bomber bashing...all clubs are on it in one way, shape or another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are quite a few of us who believe other clubs are also on "the good gear". It's just that the Bombers look like they have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. If you get caught, you do the time. Simple.

All clubs

Your assertion was that my club is a joke, to which I pointed out that I thought yours was one too. You didn't say Collingwood has better corporate governance than Essendon, which would have resulted in my agreeing with you. Try and stay on the same page.
Time to log off and face a few facts junior, get one of your dads to explain it all to you :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back