Teams Houston Texans - Battle Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't a big fan of BOB but think the sacking at this time was harsh. Beat the Bills in the playoffs last year and only 4 games into a season which really didn't allow a proper pre-season. First 3 games against the Chiefs and Ravens and a tough away game against the Steelers.

Apparently some conflict with the football operations guy they brought in to evaluate the place.

His Win/Loss record probably helped by being in a weaker division than most over the years but in the end i doubt he would have ever taken the team to a SB, yet alone win one. Don't think the new coach at the end of the season will be walking into a total basket case, enough there for him to work with moving forward.

Wasn't a big fan of BOB but think the sacking at this time was harsh. Beat the Bills in the playoffs last year and only 4 games into a season which really didn't allow a proper pre-season. First 3 games against the Chiefs and Ravens and a tough away game against the Steelers.

Apparently some conflict with the football operations guy they brought in to evaluate the place.

His Win/Loss record probably helped by being in a weaker division than most over the years but in the end i doubt he would have ever taken the team to a SB, yet alone win one. Don't think the new coach at the end of the season will be walking into a total basket case, enough there for him to work with moving forward.

Get Lincoln Riley. I wana see Watson in his offense please

Texans fired coach and GM Bill O'Brien.
O'Brien comically promoted himself to play-calling duties right before owner Cal McNair stepped in and ended the former's reign of terror altogether. Romeo Crennel was promoted to interim coach effective immediately. O'Brien, +2,500 to be the first coach fired heading into the year, was reportedly not seeing "eye to eye" with EVP/character coach Jack Easterby, who remains close to McNair. Whatever the case, O'Brien leaves behind a mishmash of veteran pieces he (and only he) envisioned could contend long-term without a single dynamic rookie, DeAndre Hopkins, or a 2021 first- and second-round pick. It won't be a blemish on Crennel's resume if he's unable to right the 0-4 wreckage left behind. Deshaun Watson's desire to stay in Houston throughout his career is suddenly trending up.
RELATED:
SOURCE: John McClain on Twitter
Oct 5, 2020, 4:55 PM ET

ESPN Houston's John Granato reports J.J. Watt had a "heated exchange" with ex-Texans coach Bill O'Brien that led to a player revolt and ended up getting O'Brien fired.
Watt "called out" O'Brien's coaching ability ahead of last week's game with the Steelers. That created pushback from other veterans, and the winless Texans made the decision to move on after another loss. O'Brien also reportedly clashed with DC Anthony Weaver, and had well known power struggles with EVP Jack Easterby and ex-GM Rick Smith. Houston made the playoffs four of the last six seasons and had a .520 winning percentage under O'Brien, but the fallout from his firing could make it hard for him to land a retread job this offseason.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN 97.5 Houston
Oct 7, 2020, 1:14 PM ET

Texans named executive VP of football operations Jack Easterby as the team's new interim General Manager.
It has been quite a rise for Easterby, beginning his career as a pastor, speaker and author, then becoming the Patriots' Team and Character Development coach, to now this role with the Texans. He will have plenty of roster decisions to make over the next 13 weeks of the NFL season. Texans owner Cal McNair shared the important detail that he will first hire a new general manager following the completion of the season before hiring a new head coach. Easterby will then "return to his position as executive vice president of football operations.”
SOURCE: Houston Chronicle
Oct 7, 2020, 9:12 PM ET

Texans named executive VP of football operations Jack Easterby as the team's new interim General Manager.
It has been quite a rise for Easterby, beginning his career as a pastor, speaker and author, then becoming the Patriots' Team and Character Development coach, to now this role with the Texans. He will have plenty of roster decisions to make over the next 13 weeks of the NFL season. Texans owner Cal McNair shared the important detail that he will first hire a new general manager following the completion of the season before hiring a new head coach. Easterby will then "return to his position as executive vice president of football operations.”
SOURCE: Houston Chronicle
Oct 7, 2020, 9:12 PM ET
An ex pastor who has memory problems with his first NFL job...

That was a really enjoyable vid. A trip down memory lane of all of O'brien's bad trades, and them compounding each other. 😂

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good points on Duane Brown and the ongoing impacts since that decision. Ended up costing more money, losing high picks and indirectly losing Hopkins. Some of which, especially last point, could have been prevented if appointed a decent GM

Good points on Duane Brown and the ongoing impacts since that decision. Ended up costing more money, losing high picks and indirectly losing Hopkins. Some of which, especially last point, could have been prevented if appointed a decent GM
megalomania has never had a positive result

So let me get this right (and I’m not disagreeing with what he’s saying here) McAfee makes a living out of this (his videos in general)? Crazy world

Someone did a break down a while ago on Chris Smoove and how much he makes from just YouTube alone without any outside sponsorship deals relating to his youtube account. Just off views alone he makes something like 3k+ per month. And his subscriber total has doubled , view counts would have tripled or more since then. There is crazy money to be made in youtube if you have a following.

Someone did a break down a while ago on Chris Smoove and how much he makes from just YouTube alone without any outside sponsorship deals relating to his youtube account. Just off views alone he makes something like 3k+ per month. And his subscriber total has doubled , view counts would have nearly tripled or more since then. There is crazy money to be made in youtube if you have a following.
i tried, i failed

i tried, i failed

It's very hard to get off the ground. 99.9% of people fail when it comes to making a living out of it. Have to be committed to working for * all and pumping out content daily for the first few years unless you're a big name like Pat and your channel can grow quicker than most.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back