How are our kids looking now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the look of Henry, Ruscoe, Mcreery and Mcrae. Desperately need decent key forwards and clearance winning inside mids if we are to rise back up the ladder. There's a long way to go.

Hopefully McMahon and Begg can come good in next few seasons and Don't forget Johnson

Loving what the draftees of 2020 are bringing and we haven’t seen Reef & (McMahon will take time) yet, Chugg looks really clean and skilful from what I’ve seen in the VFL.
Ruscoe, Quaynor, Noble, Bianco really settling in from our 2019 crop. Hopefully Kelly, Keane and Tohill can make it as key talls...
Then add Daics’s jnr, Dib this year, hopefully a key forward on the cheap, a Richmond mate reckons we’re heavily into Coleman-Jones??
We’ll be pushing for the 8 in 2023 imo.

Last edited:
Given where we drafted most of these kids, I’d say we are doing very well. It’s almost like Hine put his reputation on the line after the fire sale at the end of 2020 - a Herculean effort late in his career.

I agree it’s too early to be sure, but the signs are good. 2022 will be a huge development year at the club, which we cannot afford to stuff up.

Given where we drafted most of these kids, I’d say we are doing very well. It’s almost like Hine put his reputation on the line after the fire sale at the end of 2020 - a Herculean effort late in his career.

I agree it’s too early to be sure, but the signs are good. 2022 will be a huge development year at the club, which we cannot afford to stuff up.
Agreed the development and player liaison people are now just as important as the fitness, training and coaching staff - perhaps more important.

This will be the acid test of what the club has or hasn't learned from the report.

The ball is in our court, this can be a big opportunity . . I hope the fck we are up for the challenge.

I think we seem to have found some keepers with our picks recently; that is to say, none of them look like busts at the time of writing. Precisely where their ceiling lies, we don’t know yet.

Backs: Moore, Quaynor, Ruscoe, Noble.

Mids: Adams, De Goey, Maynard, Macrae, Bianco, Daicos, WHE, Poulter.

Forwards: Mihocek, Elliott, Cameron, Henry, McCreery

Ruck: Grundy

That’s a decent foundation going forward, with Reef and Daicos to be added and hopefully make the grade.

Others such as Wilson, Murphy, Ginnivan have shown some signs.

I do think we’re seriously lacking in key position talent with any runs on the board whatsoever. McMahon, Begg and the Irish lads are still very speculative, and none have the draft capital invested that Daicos/Reef have/will have so there’s less reason for confidence.

Hence I would be chasing Ricciardi as a DFA or cheap trade and earmarking our 2022 first-rounder for the best KPP available. I think we have enough darts to throw at the midfield for now, and Pendlebury and Sidebottom are still there too for the time being.

Yep it’s the ceiling of this group that we’ll learn about next year. We need a star or 2 to emerge from the 2019, 2020 and 2021 drafts. Who starts getting named in the best? I’m hoping Reef is the best of the 2020 crop as he fills a need with midfield size and pace. Looking forward to watching them.

I'll have a go at ranking them in terms of their ceiling when up and going.

N Daicos - I know he isn't even on our list yet, but he profiles as being the best to be a very good player.
Moore
De Goey
Maynard
Henry
J Daicos
Noble
Quaynor
Macrae
Poulter
McCreery
McInness
Cameron
Bianco
Ruscoe
Johnson
Ginnivan
Wilson
Keane
T Brown
McMahon
Murphy
C Brown
Kelly
Begg
Rantall
Tohill
Chugg

Are some of you people out of your minds?

These are kids just out of primary school.

Barely had a pre-season behind them and still learning the necessities of AFL football.

And you think you can rate them competitively?

FMD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are some of you people out of your minds?

These are kids just out of primary school.

Barely had a pre-season behind them and still learning the necessities of AFL football.

And you think you can rate them competitively?

FMD.

Take it easy mate, it is just a fun little activity to put something up that may be interesting to some. No expectation that this is how it will turn out, but a fun little thought exercise anyway.

Take it easy mate, it is just a fun little activity to put something up that may be interesting to some. No expectation that this is how it will turn out, but a fun little thought exercise anyway.
Pointless IMO.

I'm loving Ruscoe across half back. He seems when to know when to time his defensive efforts and read the play. He attacks the ball. He carries the ball and he always seem to hit the right target. He looks like a natural defender and a natural footballer.
I can't believe that we nearly destroyed this kid's career by playing him up forward???
I'm rapt with his last month.
Bianco is a bit raw, but you can see that he can play.
Henry is improving every week.
Ditto McRae.
Ginnevan has wheels.
Next year I want to see both Daicii, McInness, Poulter and that young aboriginal kid we picked up from S.A ( I forget his name ).
I also hope we get Dib.
It will take another year or two, but, we seem to be tracking well.

Been very impressed with some of your young kids, mainly Henry and Macrae in the last few weeks. Have a solid foundation, just need to keep drafting.

Quaynor 22
Daicos 22
Bianco 20
Macrae 18
Ruscoe 19
Poulter 18
McCreery 20
Henry 19

Would love to see will Kelly come on. He’s a great person and I think he will be solid once he gets a continuity. He’s a key Defender in my book. Played his best footy there at school/TAC cup level

Henry looking the best for me at this stage
Would we be ranking purely on performance or is potential also factored into it? I'd agree Henry is the most exciting prospect, particularly given our lack of class forwards. I am not sure I have seen enough of the other players from the last draft, but by season's end I think we'll have a more complete picture. I would be interested to know the criteria Mikevk123 used to rank the young guys. We learn more about each of them weekly. Bianco's 2 goals for instance or the contrast in MacCrae's disposal skills between this and last week. McCreery made a bright start but weeks of injury have blurred memory of his performance in games. I'd probably have Poulter last on my list, but that ranking is largely based on his last few games and the position he plays rather than an educated assessment of his potential.

He's picked the eyes out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back