Injury/Rehab How do I get back fit again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone here have any idea on how to train yourself to be able to run faster? Fitness isn't really an issue but I lack pace, I'm 23 and I have no pace whatsoever. HELP :(
best way to get faster is to run faster. :)

fartlek is ok but better for speed endurance rather than flat out top speed.

do speed sessions. maybe 10 x 200 or 2x400, 4x200, 4x100, 4x50.
there is plenty of variations depending on your current level of fitness and what you try to achieve.
remember the goal is speed so do not hold back and take enough time to recover between reps.....if too fatigued you cannot run fast.

eventually speed work will transfer into your normal running.

if you're serious source out a high level running/athletics coach.

I remember reading an article on Campbell Brown where his coach noted he was a good jumper (suggesting he had good explosive/fast twitch qualities) but was just about the slowest player on the team. Went to a running coach and knocked a second off his 20m time or something crazy like that

if you're serious source out a high level running/athletics coach.

I remember reading an article on Campbell Brown where his coach noted he was a good jumper (suggesting he had good explosive/fast twitch qualities) but was just about the slowest player on the team. Went to a running coach and knocked a second off his 20m time or something crazy like that
Yeah add Bachar Houli to the list. Gained a fair bit of extra pace with a correction in technique

Remove this Banner Ad

Back