How each team can advance

Remove this Banner Ad

http://justpredictions.webs.com/worldcup/

Just something that I found which goes over how each team can get through.

Going by the current table, by my calculations, Australia's best hope of making the Round of 16 is this:

• Defeat Serbia 5-0 (pretty much an impossible task).
  • Then either have Ghana defeat Germany, or Germany defeat Ghana by keeping them scoreless (allowing Australia to move to second in the group on goal difference).
We really needed Germany to beat Serbia, as it would have made the task much easier for Australia. Either way, we've got to score as many goals as we can against Serbia to give ourselves the best chance possible.

Going by the current table, by my calculations, Australia's best hope of making the Round of 16 is this:

• Defeat Serbia 5-0 (pretty much an impossible task).
  • Then either have Ghana defeat Germany, or Germany defeat Ghana by keeping them scoreless (allowing Australia to move to second in the group on goal difference).
We really needed Germany to beat Serbia, as it would have made the task much easier for Australia. Either way, we've got to score as many goals as we can against Serbia to give ourselves the best chance possible.

If Ghana beats Germany, any Australian win will do it.

If they draw, Australia needs to make up 7 goals (to get above Germany).

If Germany beats Ghana, the equation starts to look a bit better, depending on the score. It's not out of the question that Germany defeats Ghana by 3 goals, meaning Australia might only need a 2 goal win over Serbia (difficult, but not impossible), but then it depends on scorelines, e.g. if Germany defeated Ghana 5-2, a 2-0 win to Australia would not be enough. Similarly, if Germany defeated Ghana 4-2, a 3-0 win by Australia would only tie it up with Ghana (and mean a drawing of lots).

So what do we do after schwartzer gets a red card ?

Start a riot outside any referee's house?

I have belief that we can beat Serbia, I am not as confident but still confident just the same that Ghana can do us a favour. And if we don't make it and England also fail, well at least we can laugh at them to take the pain away.

Start a riot outside any referee's house?

I have belief that we can beat Serbia, I am not as confident but still confident just the same that Ghana can do us a favour. And if we don't make it and England also fail, well at least we can laugh at them to take the pain away.

Germany has not failed to get out of the group stage since 1934.

We can all rest assured that Germany will be one of the teams to progress, by hook or by crook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back