Analysis How much footy do you now watch?

How many games of AFL do you now watch weekly?

• 80% or more - i love it

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • 60-80%

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 40-60%

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • 20-40%

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Richmond only and maybe who we play the following week

Votes: 42 60.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost a bit of interest to.Afl run by clowns and how Hocking was able to do what he did was puzzling the part that really got me is how he studied our game to change the rules and it was mentioned in print.We been getting screwed by afl and media far to long until the club had enough this year. Soft cap fine ,Bolton's fine , playing at Marvel , Ellis compensation etc turn off.

I used to go to heaps of games when I lived in Melbourne, but moved away from the city (went from maybe 10-11 games down to 3-5), then since having kids have only been to one in 2017- so watched more and more on TV. Leading up to 2017 I was pretty much all but done with footy, only watching our games. Its just becoming worse and worse of a spectacle. I watch our games and love it because its Tigers, but rarely watch anything else. I'll try and get bored. Only time i'll flick it on is if I look through the scores and a game is close or a player/team is having a day out that could be interesting to watch (still rare for me to tune in though).

What kills it for me is just watching the game and so much crap has changed that really doesn't bring value to the game.

• Watching and thinking 'he dropped that- HTB, now he dropped that - HTB' over and over, then someone actually picks up the ball and gets hammered in a tackle where they had no prior and getting pinged. I have no idea how they interpret the rule any more.
  • Deliberate out of bounds....like u/12s footy now. Might has well be last to touch it gives away a free.
  • Basically hardly ever having F50 marking contests because of some kind of infringement now. How good is it when a FF/FB are having a legit marking contest.
  • Running 30m out of the goal sq (or just about anywhere on the field for that matter) and not getting pinged for too far.
  • Kicking the ball 6m and being paid a mark sometimes, other times play on.
  • Stand rule and play on if a play turns their head or sets up to handball but doesn't move...
I still love footy, but how boring it can be now makes it so hard to want to watch it.... /rant.

Thing that shits me as a Motorsport fan, F1 has spent decades trying to "artificially spice up the show" as they put it & it continues to fail as u can't manufacture a spectacle with live sport. It's gotten to the point where they are now completely redoing the technical rules for next yr to fix the constant errors in the changes made. The AFL is now going down the same path & has been for some time. If we wanted to watch end to end uncontested ball movement & high scoring then go watch Basketball as that sport offers just that. AFL is meant to be a contested game & the powers that be are taking that aspect of it away.

As for the "return of the key fwd" brigade in the media, H.McKay is the favorite to win the Coleman with 48 goals at an ave of 3 a game, if he played every game he'd win it with 66 goals.... what a spectacle! These rule changes have failed as have many others in recent yrs. the media are also to blame as they continue pushing SHocking & co into making these changes & the reason they do so it seems is to try justify thier over inflated salaries, it's just change for the sake of change.

Back