Remove this Banner Ad

Reported on Fox Footy Mid-week tackle

4 clubs at top of list for Hugh's Services

Collingwood
Geelong

Essendon
St.Kilda

They did premise this by saying looks like he wants to stay in Brisbane
Almost a bit Kevin Durant esque in those options.

If you can't beat them, join them I suppose.

"We both know where I sit," McCluggage said on Tuesday.

"I love it here. I really enjoy playing footy with this group and living in Queensland.

"I think we both want to get something done, but it's taking it's time and that's ok.

He's probably the captain in 2-3 years so don't see him leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be the Cats best mid by a long way.

He certainly would be but that does not imply he is a million dollar per season midfielder.

I wanted Darcy Parish last year and I would say McCluggage is in the same category as that. They would fit our needs perfectly.

Davies-Uniacke though . . . he's a midfielder worthy of coughing up overs for. They are 'elite' talent.

He certainly would be but that does not imply he is a million dollar per season midfielder.

I wanted Darcy Parish last year and I would say McCluggage is in the same category as that. They would fit our needs perfectly.

Davies-Uniacke though . . . he's a midfielder worthy of coughing up overs for. They are 'elite' talent.
Sure it is.
You act as if Hugh is a young gun with plenty of improvement still to come.
Never won a B&F, never been an All Australian and like I said, you'd be stupid to pay overs for him. Bit like Josh Dunkley in my opinion.

How many B&F and All Australians has LDU got? He will be a RFA next year so just a year or so younger.

LDU v Hugh
Just imagine if LDU had the luxury of playing in a quality side such as Brisbane's. He'd be putting up ridiculously good numbers on a weekly basis.
Just want to say that I love them both.
Ahh the classic chestnut: good player in bad team is suddenly great player in good team. But here is the just as valid alternative hypothesis:
LDU is north's no.1 clearance player, however in a good team he might get less of the ball with more midfield competition or even rotate through a different non mid position. So he suddenly is statistically down on his numbers and looks like a worse player.

Just want to say that I love them both.
Ahh the classic chestnut: good player in bad team is suddenly great player in good team. But here is the just as valid alternative hypothesis:
LDU is north's no.1 clearance player, however in a good team he might get less of the ball with more midfield competition or even rotate through a different non mid position. So he suddenly is statistically down on his numbers and looks like a worse player.

Just use your eyes mate.
They are two different animals. Davies-Uniacke is on a another level to McCluggage.
I'm not saying McCluggage is a plodder but he's not one of the premier mids in the game and he never will be.

Even if it were true (it isn't) people need to accept what new contracts will look like in the new CBA. His next deal, whether it is with Brissy or not will at a minimum average out to $850k-$900k a year, and that is being conservative.

27 disposals (10 contested), 5 clearances and 1 goal every second game is not elite. He is not the best user either and does not have athletic traits to break away from a stoppage like others do.

He's a workhorse.
youve pretty clearly never watched mccluggage

for midfielders he would be one of the best ball users in his cohort. had the second most goal assists of all players last year.

as for the comparison to LDU, they are completely different. mccluggage is much closer to a merrett / josh kelly than ldu.

LDU is much more comparable to Neale, a player youve gone on record before as being incredibly overrated on this forum in the past. considering neale's accolades and achievements outweigh LDU's by orders of magnitude its bizarre you come in here to post that LDU is the type of player you sell the farm for.

just rubbish analysis as usual from you

youve pretty clearly never watched mccluggage

for midfielders he would be one of the best ball users in his cohort. had the second most goal assists of all players last year.

as for the comparison to LDU, they are completely different. mccluggage is much closer to a merrett / josh kelly than ldu.

LDU is much more comparable to Neale, a player youve gone on record before as being incredibly overrated on this forum in the past. considering neale's accolades and achievements outweigh LDU's by orders of magnitude its bizarre you come in here to post that LDU is the type of player you sell the farm for.

just rubbish analysis as usual from you

Neale and LDU are not comparable at all.
They amass big numbers but are completely different types. For starters. one player is 6ft'2 and the other 5ft'9. One can explode from the stoppage and create their own space.
Wardlaw is much closer to Neale by comparison.

It's laughable to even put McCluggage in the same sentence as Zach Merrett. Merrett's one of the top 5 best users of the football in the competition and always has been.
He's elite in every sense of the word and been carrying the team on his back in a similar fashion to what we have seen from Cripps and you have the nerve to tell me I've never watched McCluggage play :poo:

Neale and LDU are not comparable at all.
They amass big numbers but are completely different types. For starters. one player is 6ft'2 and the other 5ft'9. One can explode from the stoppage and create their own space.
Wardlaw is much closer to Neale by comparison.

It's laughable to even put McCluggage in the same sentence as Zach Merrett. Merrett's one of the top 5 best users of the football in the competition and always has been.
He's elite in every sense of the word and been carrying the team on his back in a similar fashion to what we have seen from Cripps and you have the nerve to tell me I've never watched McCluggage play :poo:
lmao

absolutely clueless.

im out

lmao

absolutely clueless.

im out
Me and u normally disagree on plenty but even I'm left scratching my head at how anyone could watch Clug and think he's an average user of the footy. Be just about the first player I'd pick if I was wanting some more class going inside 50. Certainly the first pure mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back