Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goricho and Juddy have made good points in response to the above.

Damo, I'll also respect some of your points mentioned above. But I'm going to repeat my comments from last year with regards to the conduct of the Billabong Crows Club. While I don't know everything let me tell you that I do know a bit about how the crows conducted themselves in negotiations with the Coreen and Picola Leagues. I was present at the Coreen League GF in 2006 with the Coreen League Clubs when a number of Picola League Clubs came to discuss a merger type deal with some Picola and the remaining Coreen Clubs. The crows (like the remaining Coreen Clubs) indicated that they supported that merging, and would stick solid. Early 2007 the crows spruiked the same line. The next thing we hear mid year is that the crows have changed their mind and want to go to the Hume League. No consultation with your fellow Coreen Clubs, just change tack and go back on your word. Subsequently, the Picola Clubs get all nervous (probably cause they fear the rest of us may be just as pi55weak) and can the entire deal. The possibility of forming a new league with a number of clubs geographically and financially close is stuffed just like that.

This is why the remaining Coreen Clubs think the crows are a mob of
pr!cks. Crows people can come up with all sorts of other reasons but fact is fact Damo. And don't go blaming the Coreen League hierachy for the plight of the comp. They were/are terrific football people with the Coreen League at heart. What stuffed them was clubs like the crows. Spineless
pr!cks. That is a fact. Apart from that I know stuff all else, and good luck to the crows this year.;)
Yes i respect what you boys have said and i do beleive the crows elders are whats letting down the players and supporters.......but you can not entirely blame them......The coreen League board could of added some teams to the league if they realy wanted to i know that for a fact........The crows were the only club to have a petition going around to keep the league alive......and i have no idea what you have against them hand grenade but at the start of the year you wrote a comment and said that the crows would definately make finals and finish top 6.......What happened

Anyone else have praccy matches in the last few weeks before round 1? Haven't heard any results for some of the top sides from last year Cul, Jindera, Osb etc. Know Holbrook play game no 2 against TDFL side Rutherglen next Saturday.

Anyone else have praccy matches in the last few weeks before round 1? Haven't heard any results for some of the top sides from last year Cul, Jindera, Osb etc. Know Holbrook play game no 2 against TDFL side Rutherglen next Saturday.

Holbrook v Rutherglen... That will make for an interesting rap!ng. Holbrook should smash them... Should.

Walla I think play Rutherglen tomorrow night, not sure where tho.

I don't think RW play any more praccy matches. I'm pretty sure they played their final one on Saturday against Yack... And supposedly it was a pretty close game which is promising given the status Yack is getting in the Tallangatta League thread... In saying I am not sure who each side had missing if anybody.

Holbrook v Rutherglen... That will make for an interesting rap!ng. Holbrook should smash them... Should.

I don't think RW play any more praccy matches. I'm pretty sure they played their final one on Saturday against Yack... And supposedly it was a pretty close game which is promising given the status Yack is getting in the Tallangatta League thread... In saying I am not sure who each side had missing if anybody.
Talking to a couple of Yack players at the Star Bar on saturday night. Yack were missing 10 senior players from their team against Walbundrie! They did say Walbundrie hit the footy very hard though. Clint Gilson had a heap of the footy and looks like having a great year from all reports.

Talking to a couple of Yack players at the Star Bar on saturday night. Yack were missing 10 senior players from their team against Walbundrie! They did say Walbundrie hit the footy very hard though. Clint Gilson had a heap of the footy and looks like having a great year from all reports.

Rand/Walbundrie must have signed some hard bastards then cause for the last 5 years they have been as soft as pensioners turds.;)

And don't go blaming the Coreen League hierachy for the plight of the comp. They were/are terrific football people with the Coreen League at heart.

I second that comment.
You're talking (among others) about a bloke who lived and bled for the Coreen league in an official position for more than 30 years.
It's a pretty pisspoor effort to go doing sh1t like that and simply not good enough.
And no, I don't blame the Crows either.
It's just a fact of life that it is bloody hard to field footy teams in the bush when the players are simply not there.

Yes i respect what you boys have said and i do beleive the crows elders are whats letting down the players and supporters.......but you can not entirely blame them......The coreen League board could of added some teams to the league if they realy wanted to i know that for a fact........The crows were the only club to have a petition going around to keep the league alive......and i have no idea what you have against them hand grenade but at the start of the year you wrote a comment and said that the crows would definately make finals and finish top 6.......What happened

Fair reply and good to see we don't have to get in a bullsh!t slanging match like I did with a few schoolboys last year. The Coreen League couldn't add any teams - other clubs (from Hume and Picola) have always viewed the comp as "below" them. Berrigan (as a former top Murray League Club years ago and now struggling in the Picola) is a classic example. They wouldn't win a game anywhere at the moment but they still see themselves as better than the Coreen Clubs. Damo I recall that petition and mate, they only got that going when they started to cop flack over their about turn on the Picola deal, and their neighbouring clubs got the sh!ts with them. It was way too late to start being good guys again by then. Yep, I don't like the crows too much (hey with the Magpies going a few years back and now Wahgunyah, we've got to get into someone). Their actions last year gave me (and plenty of others) a pretty good reason. But I still rate them to make the finals. They have recruited too well not to make it, and the draw will favour the dominant sides this side of the draw (CDHBU and your mob). But I still believe the place will turn to sh!t up there if they lose a few.

Extract from todays Eastern Riverina Chronicle:
Henty Football Club in trouble
The Henty Football Club has long and proud history, having won many junior and senior premierships over the years, with many of its players featuring amongst the league’s best and fairest players. However, the club is in danger of disbanding due to a serious lack of senior players this season.
The club has an excellent senior coaching staff of Adam Wiseman, Andrew Wilson and Craig Broughton. It has over 75 Auskick, under 14 and under 17 members and an extremely strong netball club fielding eight teams per week. The committee of 11 includes a few new faces and is committed to the continued success of the club.
President Brad Wettern said,” We are financially sound thanks to the continued support of the Henty community through sponsorship, advertising and fundraising, which includes running cattle and leasing a farm, which is largely dependent on voluntary labour.”
“Since the end of the 2007 season, we have lost over 25 senior players due to a variety of reasons. Being situated as far as we are from major centres and with a serious lack of industry in the town, we need the support of every available local as well as locals who now live in Albury. At the moment we train one night per week in Albury to help accommodate these.”
He went on to say, “A town like Henty cannot afford to lose its football and netball teams, as without one, there cannot be the other. The effect on the town would be enormous, particularly for the large number of young players we currently have.”
Hume League President Merv Wegener said, “We are aware of Henty’s problem and will do all we can to assist them over this hurdle. We are looking into contacts in Albury for them. Whether they can still compete with their U14 and U17 players is a matter for the League to discuss.”

Extract from todays Eastern Riverina Chronicle:
Henty Football Club in trouble
The Henty Football Club has long and proud history, having won many junior and senior premierships over the years, with many of its players featuring amongst the league’s best and fairest players. However, the club is in danger of disbanding due to a serious lack of senior players this season.
The club has an excellent senior coaching staff of Adam Wiseman, Andrew Wilson and Craig Broughton. It has over 75 Auskick, under 14 and under 17 members and an extremely strong netball club fielding eight teams per week. The committee of 11 includes a few new faces and is committed to the continued success of the club.
President Brad Wettern said,” We are financially sound thanks to the continued support of the Henty community through sponsorship, advertising and fundraising, which includes running cattle and leasing a farm, which is largely dependent on voluntary labour.”
“Since the end of the 2007 season, we have lost over 25 senior players due to a variety of reasons. Being situated as far as we are from major centres and with a serious lack of industry in the town, we need the support of every available local as well as locals who now live in Albury. At the moment we train one night per week in Albury to help accommodate these.”
He went on to say, “A town like Henty cannot afford to lose its football and netball teams, as without one, there cannot be the other. The effect on the town would be enormous, particularly for the large number of young players we currently have.”
Hume League President Merv Wegener said, “We are aware of Henty’s problem and will do all we can to assist them over this hurdle. We are looking into contacts in Albury for them. Whether they can still compete with their U14 and U17 players is a matter for the League to discuss.”
i have heard henty don't pay there 2nds coach yet a bloke that played there last year has been offered the coaching job at cucaiarn went to henty and said match it and henty said we had no money to give don't think it was much.how much trouble are they in:(

jindera and culcairn both beaten by riverina side mangoplah

Not quite sure this is correct kangas. Was at the game & I believe culcairn led by 3 or 4 goals at end of 4th quarter. They then played a 5th, but no score was kept in this. Was a very high standard game. Both sides looked good.:confused:

Fair reply and good to see we don't have to get in a bullsh!t slanging match like I did with a few schoolboys last year. The Coreen League couldn't add any teams - other clubs (from Hume and Picola) have always viewed the comp as "below" them. Berrigan (as a former top Murray League Club years ago and now struggling in the Picola) is a classic example. They wouldn't win a game anywhere at the moment but they still see themselves as better than the Coreen Clubs. Damo I recall that petition and mate, they only got that going when they started to cop flack over their about turn on the Picola deal, and their neighbouring clubs got the sh!ts with them. It was way too late to start being good guys again by then. Yep, I don't like the crows too much (hey with the Magpies going a few years back and now Wahgunyah, we've got to get into someone). Their actions last year gave me (and plenty of others) a pretty good reason. But I still rate them to make the finals. They have recruited too well not to make it, and the draw will favour the dominant sides this side of the draw (CDHBU and your mob). But I still believe the place will turn to sh!t up there if they lose a few.
Berrigan doesnt see them self better than any other league but the corren league junior system didnt suit us so we went the picola way were they play under 14 footy but the berrigan football club still strongly belive like everyone else on this forum that the whole country football needs to be looked at quickly before more teams dissapear and merge:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berrigan doesnt see them self better than any other league but the corren league junior system didnt suit us so we went the picola way were they play under 14 footy but the berrigan football club still strongly belive like everyone else on this forum that the whole country football needs to be looked at quickly before more teams dissapear and merge:mad:

Chicken Man - you have a few of older blokes that run the club (&/or still have a fair say in the place), and who grew up in the halcyon days of Berrigan being a force in the Murray League. Those are the blokes who have put a stop to a number of suggestions from within your club since the mid to late 90's to play against your nearest neighbours in Rennie, Oaklands and Jerilderie. They are rightly proud of Berrigan's great footy history, and can't stomach the fact that the club is now back to a level of struggling in a district league. By no means am I saying that today's Berrigan FC thinks it's better than some of these other clubs. And you are right about the junior footy situation, although 4ths were added to the Coreen League in 2006. As a Coreen League person many of us would love to have your club in a competition along with our old clubs, plus perhaps Blighty and maybe one or two struggling Hume Clubs along the border. Rumours going around not too long ago were that your club and Jerilderie were looking at merging. Now that would be a tragedy. We need a comp for clubs geographically close and financially at the same level. It is getting too difficult to recruit players to our clubs when we're in a comp against other clubs with a population and $ that we can never compete against. I reckon your club (as would mine) would have a better chance of getting players if they knew there was at least a chance of playing finals each year in a more even comp.

Maybe common sense will prevail next year eh grenade and we might get our struggling clubs into a more even comp ...... uh hang on ...... that would require the NSW AFL to step up to the plate and show some balls wouldn't it. On their form over the last few years, don't hold your breath folks.

On the praccy match front, Rennie is taking on Mulwala at Mul 12.30pm tomorrow (Sat). A 6 quarter match - 2nds & 3rds combining for a hitout the first 2 quarters before the Seniors play the last 4. Might be a mismatch. Rennie were only going to play the Mul 2nds, but it will be interesting to see how Mul go with all their losses. Netballers are going around too. Both clubs hoping to cash in a bit with all the tourists about on BBQ and grog sales. Gold coin donation to get in.

Maybe common sense will prevail next year eh grenade and we might get our struggling clubs into a more even comp ...... uh hang on ...... that would require the NSW AFL to step up to the plate and show some balls wouldn't it. On their form over the last few years, don't hold your breath folks.

On the praccy match front, Rennie is taking on Mulwala at Mul 12.30pm tomorrow (Sat). A 6 quarter match - 2nds & 3rds combining for a hitout the first 2 quarters before the Seniors play the last 4. Might be a mismatch. Rennie were only going to play the Mul 2nds, but it will be interesting to see how Mul go with all their losses. Netballers are going around too. Both clubs hoping to cash in a bit with all the tourists about on BBQ and grog sales. Gold coin donation to get in.
Not sure that it will be the the mismatch you think it is Doobie. Mul have lost heaps. Although both Rhodes wont be playing. By the way roughy has been back with a veangence on the tallangatta thread

I agree with retrac, cul beat them by 7 or so goals, so i dnt knw where you get ur mail, but its bin tampered with :cool:. twas a good standard cul looking really strong, going to be hard to beat again. Henty struggling, just read todays border, got it on good info last nite that if they cant field seniors and reserves they are out of the comp in senior footy, just trying to gt numbers, ppl like murray wakefield will be lining up, just to keep the club alive. Not good for the swampies, no one wants to see them go under it wldnt be good 4 the hume league, makes u question ppl like ewen shcolz decision to play for a rival team instead of helping out his local club wen they are in dire straits.

Henty struggling, just read todays border, got it on good info last nite that if they cant field seniors and reserves they are out of the comp in senior footy, just trying to gt numbers, ppl like murray wakefield will be lining up, just to keep the club alive. Not good for the swampies, no one wants to see them go under it wldnt be good 4 the hume league, makes u question ppl like ewen shcolz decision to play for a rival team instead of helping out his local club wen they are in dire straits.

Personally i couldn't be happier that they are going to fold no team deserves it more.. whos fault do you think it is that they have no players.. if it was a good club to be at everyone wouldnt have left.. i read an article in the wagga daily advertiser in about november last year with their new coach talking up their chances.. how full of shit he turned out to be.. got what they deserved

Chicken Man - you have a few of older blokes that run the club (&/or still have a fair say in the place), and who grew up in the halcyon days of Berrigan being a force in the Murray League. Those are the blokes who have put a stop to a number of suggestions from within your club since the mid to late 90's to play against your nearest neighbours in Rennie, Oaklands and Jerilderie. They are rightly proud of Berrigan's great footy history, and can't stomach the fact that the club is now back to a level of struggling in a district league. By no means am I saying that today's Berrigan FC thinks it's better than some of these other clubs. And you are right about the junior footy situation, although 4ths were added to the Coreen League in 2006. As a Coreen League person many of us would love to have your club in a competition along with our old clubs, plus perhaps Blighty and maybe one or two struggling Hume Clubs along the border. Rumours going around not too long ago were that your club and Jerilderie were looking at merging. Now that would be a tragedy. We need a comp for clubs geographically close and financially at the same level. It is getting too difficult to recruit players to our clubs when we're in a comp against other clubs with a population and $ that we can never compete against. I reckon your club (as would mine) would have a better chance of getting players if they knew there was at least a chance of playing finals each year in a more even comp.
totaly agree hand grenade we do need nswfl & vcfl to step in and do some thing about the competion in the hume/murray and picola leagues before everyone goes playing another sport. an myself would love playing against towns close by as it gives that little bit of passion back in the community and gate takings are up which help keep the club going:D

Not sure that it will be the the mismatch you think it is Doobie. Mul have lost heaps. Although both Rhodes wont be playing. By the way roughy has been back with a veangence on the tallangatta thread

Pretty good day for Mul and Rennie today. Both clubs would have sold some beers and pies so a bit of $ into the coffers. Mul got up by about 20 goals to 5. The ball went from end to end all day but Mul had the forwards to cash in. Rennie had some good ones missing in the 2 carrot tops (Rhodes boys), Josh Lewis, Jack Florence and Tim Watson. 4 Tassie boys turn up this week as well so plenty of good signs for Rennie. Returning Ruckman Pies Neely looked in good nick. I don't know how close to full strength Mul were but if that was their best they'll be in strife in the Murray League this year. Rennie may be taking on Berrigan next week in a praccy match.

Roughy back eh. Better have a look. Can't keep a good idiot down.

Personally i couldn't be happier that they are going to fold no team deserves it more.. whos fault do you think it is that they have no players.. if it was a good club to be at everyone wouldnt have left.. i read an article in the wagga daily advertiser in about november last year with their new coach talking up their chances.. how full of shit he turned out to be.. got what they deserved
Go easy Kangas. Sounds like abit of old fashioned rivalry has influenced your thinking. Same thing could quite easily happen to your demons (almost did). No matter how bitter rivarly becomes we need to put this aside as country footy is struggling in general and we dont need any more teams dissappearing. The hume league may have an abundance of clubs at the moment but you never know when the buffoons from NSW/ACT footy will stick their noses in and tell clubs where and when they will play. So I suggest we all put aside any grievances or past history and support eash other for the better of footy in general. If clubs fold up its only gunna hurt everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back