Food & Drink Hunter Valley Recommendations

Remove this Banner Ad

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Polished off a nice margaret river chardonnay to numb the loss, moving onto a Coonawarra Shiraz to numb the injury toll.

* that, I've just booked a week long trip to Hunter Valley. Kurt who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vonn Sabor in the Hunter is your go to coffee/cakes in the Hunter

On the left hand side as you head up Broke Road.

Wear stretchy pants is sage advice as its addictive

I'll take your word for it I think, the wine tastings are already bad enough for the waistline :)

RW should make this 'things you learnt vs. GWS & Hunter Valley'

How long before we are in the bar?

Looking at the time since you posted this, I'd say 1 hour and 3 minutes to be exact. I was out this afternoon hence the delay. ;)

When I look through my thread making history I come across so many random ones I have no recollection of creating.

They're all in the bar.

When I look through my thread making history I come across so many random ones I have no recollection of creating.

They're all in the bar.

You're derailing this thread too, it is supposed to be about the Hunter Valley!

You do seem to spend a lot of time on here talking about things other than footy though.

You're derailing this thread too, it is supposed to be about the Hunter Valley!

You do seem to spend a lot of time on here talking about things other than footy though.

What is footy? Is that a type of wine?

Just stay away from the main pub on the weekends, it's a hens and bucks hang, if you want to mop up the slops, Miggs are you listening, it's had place to be. Whatever floats your boat.

Where's a few nice places to go for healthy food that won't break the bank? Around $20-25 mains. No pubs. Yes contrary to Swansrule100's belief I do things with a budget too.

Also, where is the local IGA there, is it close?

How many vineyards would you want to fit in per day without rushing?

How many vineyard tours would you bother doing?

Any other recommendations outside of vineyards? Already been to Barrington Tops (and loved it.)

Syd Kapanis brad cooper

Where's a few nice places to go for healthy food that won't break the bank? Around $20-25 mains. No pubs. Yes contrary to Swansrule100's belief I do things with a budget too.

Not many for that price. The restaurants in the Hunter are expensive (I remember mains being $35-$40 when I went). But the food is good. We went to a place called Amanda's on the Edge which I liked, but this was a few years ago now.

As far as vineyards go we booked a wine tasting tour that took us to a few wineries so we didn't have to drive - think we did 4 and spent maybe an hour in each one with lunch in between? Can't remember which ones we went to.

Not many for that price. The restaurants in the Hunter are expensive (I remember mains being $35-$40 when I went). But the food is good. We went to a place called Amanda's on the Edge which I liked, but this was a few years ago now.

As far as vineyards go we booked a wine tasting tour that took us to a few wineries so we didn't have to drive - think we did 4 and spent maybe an hour in each one with lunch in between? Can't remember which ones we went to.

Ah damn, so it's either pub grub or mid-priced then? Surely there's some decent/nice smaller restaurants around for cheaper... Anyone?

Did you go on any of the winery tours? Any point?

I'll be driving so I was planning to map it out post exam based off google and other recommendations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back