AFL Club
Fremantle
Ti-tle says it all

footy is entert-ainment apparently and hy-phens give me the shits

Players ( and coaches if it comes to that ) should be given 3 options

1) pick 2 names out of 3 eg Luke Davies , Luke Uniake or Davies Uniake

2) merge eg Luke Davake or Luke Univies

3) pick a footy ( stage ) name eg Luke Duke or Rosco Money

Your opinion on Leigh Wardell-Johnson's career, Tony?

wAh I aM a bOoMeR aNd DoNt KnOw HoW tO sAy MoRe ThAn FoUr SyLaBlEs In SoMeOnE eLsEs NaMe

That hurt to type

Getting wound up by hyphens in names and making them longer is akin to refusing to say or even acknowledge the longer names of guys like DiPierdomenico or Prestigiacomo (yep I had to google the exact spelling for those two) The point is - respect the name of the player/coach/whoever and not get wound up by how they choose to be called what they are

Ti-tle says it all

footy is entert-ainment apparently and hy-phens give me the shits

Players ( and coaches if it comes to that ) should be given 3 options

1) pick 2 names out of 3 eg Luke Davies , Luke Uniake or Davies Uniake

2) merge eg Luke Davake or Luke Univies

3) pick a footy ( stage ) name eg Luke Duke or Rosco Money
Enter-tain-ing ra-nt.

Let’s have a look at a couple so you slow on the uptick types can catch up

Denver Grainger - Barrass ……. ****ing horrific and his early career form suggests it’s affecting his play because even he doesn’t like hearing that clunker on the commentary call

Looking at this unwieldily mouthful I think the merge rule would work best here and he could also sort something for that shocker of a first name while we are at it

Denny Grabass …. now that sounds like a football player people not some stuck up assistant director of an art gallery

I’d suggest the Pies would have given the Hawks 3 1st rounders just to trade up to steal a player like that

Tony I see the opposite occurring, and what were unhyphenated names suddenly possessing the dash. For example, Jason Horne morphing into Horne-Francis. You're an old man shouting at clouds my friend, get on the right side of history

Tony I see the opposite occurring, and what were unhyphenated names suddenly possessing the dash. For example, Jason Horne morphing into Horne-Francis. You're an old man shouting at clouds my friend, get on the right side of history

Everyone loved Jason Horne soon as he tacked the Francis on it’s been nothing but trouble

I would suggest the 2/3 rule here , I mean does the world really need another Jason

Horne Francis …. sounds like a #1 pick too me

Besides I’m a young man telling the clouds what to do …. and they listen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone loved Jason Horne soon as he tacked the Francis on it’s been nothing but trouble

What I want to know is, what happens if a couple that both have hyphens marry? I mean most of my friends with hyphenated children, the kids surnames are just mum and dad's together. But then if that kid marries another hyphenated kid, do their kids have four names and three hyphens as a surname? Is there a maximum number?

What I want to know is, what happens if a couple that both have hyphens marry? I mean most of my friends with hyphenated children, the kids surnames are just mum and dad's together. But then if that kid marries another hyphenated kid, do their kids have four names and three hyphens as a surname? Is there a maximum number?

Good grief …. the triple hyphen 🤯

That's when you get creative and make your own surname up (I know people who have done this). Even when it's hyphenated it's still just your dads surname and your partner's dads surname and even then your mother's maiden name was still her father's name - so there's bugger all maternal connection there.

So get creative. Make something up that's uniquely yours and stick with it :) Otherwise it's just the blokes surnames being trotted about

I would suggest the 2/3 rule here , I mean does the world really need another Jason

Horne Francis …. sounds like a #1 pick too me

Agree

but I would suggest to Jason rather than dropping a name, he should go large. Jason Horne George Francis the Second, is a name fitting for the young man.

That'll be enough to get Dennis Cometti to come out of retirement

That's when you get creative and make your own surname up (I know people who have done this). Even when it's hyphenated it's still just your dads surname and your partner's dads surname and even then your mother's maiden name was still her father's name - so there's bugger all maternal connection there.

So get creative. Make something up that's uniquely yours and stick with it :) Otherwise it's just the blokes surnames being trotted about
My dad did that when he landed in Australia. People kept spelling his name wrong, so he changed it. Itchy trigger finger than man

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Tapatalk

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé
Cat Tripping GIF
drugs tripping GIF

But I do one day want to see a hyphenated first name, and last name - if the fates allow,

A first name AC,
A last name CC,

Then the all-conquering nickname that will consume the competition, the ACCC - commentators will love it.

Melding is the go. My section of the three-tier stand used to occasionally confuse Luke Webster and Des Headland - one wearing 1, one wearing 11, both mid-height, well-built types with short hair. Mixing them up from a distance being easy enough to do in a clinch.

So we invented Duke Webland and Les Headster. If the bloke who could have been Luke or Des did something good, we applauded Duke Webland. If he spudded it up, it was the work of Les Headster. That schmuck.

I really am just trying to help these players

What about Will Hosking - Elliot …. JFC I can’t even hear that name without thinking of the poor bloke in drag , full blown rocky horror fishnets and high heels drag

No one needs that not Will and definitely not me

Will Elliot … boring

Elliot Hosking… better but yawn

Now Eli Willing there is a name , dirty ripped overalls , a smear of grease on the face and a finger he duct taped back on when he got it caught in the lawn mower blades

You ain’t taking any liberties around a bloke called Eli Willing that’s for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back