Are we OK with English home to Freo and Darcy home to Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do people on here watch other team's play?

I mean, I want to keep Darcy but English is freaking awesome. Like, top 5 player
in the league awesome.

If Tasmania had their pick of any player in the comp it wouldn't surprise me if their first pick is Tim English.
It’s why WC have to bring him home to sell something to the masses.
WC don’t do total rebuilds, they will find a way to buy hope.
Besides the West Australian paper would go under without some fluff piece on them.

Tim English is a bloody good player but perhaps doesn't offer us exactly what Darcy does.

English isn't a great ruck but is okay in that area. He's elite around the ground. He's like Jackson except better in the ruck. Jackson seems to offer more up forward atm but I reckon that's only due to amount of time spent there - English could be very good there too.

Darcy is just a beast in the ruck and okay around the ground. As good as English is our midfield would need to step up for it to work imo.

I'd rather keep Darcy as it seems to work rather well as things stand.

tonyabbott-auspol.gif

I mean, I want to keep Darcy but English is freaking awesome. Like, top 5 player
in the league awesome.

If Tasmania had their pick of any player in the comp it wouldn't surprise me if their first pick is Tim English.
No, I saw English get monstered a few weeks back by Lycett of all people who just pushed him around like he was a rag doll. That wont happen when he faces Darcy.

in the league awesome.

top 5 player? he just got obliterated by scott lycett, hes a good link player for the dogs and outworks most ruckman but he is nowhere near top 5 player. jackson will be better in a year or two, arguably already more impactful

Ridiculous thread, darcy just gets back from injury, we are back to smash mode due to his dominance and we get Suma crap??
Sounds like a thread from someone with intent. We need some AI to sort the moles we have within this site. WA media and eagle Mafia will be going into next level mode to take us down more than ever now that they at breaking mode. Stay strong people.
Now I'm a mole! FMD!!

I just thought it wasn't impossible that Darcy could be getting a monster offer from Geelong (he's worth it) and if so what would that mean for Freo vis-a-vis English. Really. That's all. No conspiracy - sorry to disappoint. And to make things worse I'm vaccinated. Boring. Vanilla. And I think Suma is a dill. And I was at the first ever Derby. And I have a Pavlich signed footy. And I have a Fyfe signed jumper. The only blot on my Freo copy-book is that I feel a little bit sorry for the Eagles every now and then.

Anyway, when I posted the thread I hadn't realised that this week is Darcy v English v Jackson. Awesome! And with so much on the line for both teams. A game Freo start rank outsiders in but a steal is on the cards.

Need to factor in Darcy's value to the team culture and morale as well. If you watch the training vids he's always the guy who is getting around other players, bringing positivity and having a laugh. This was epitomised when he talked about the genuine love the players had for each other after the derby too. These team guys are so important to sustained success.

Now I'm a mole! FMD!!

I just thought it wasn't impossible that Darcy could be getting a monster offer from Geelong (he's worth it) and if so what would that mean for Freo vis-a-vis English. Really. That's all. No conspiracy - sorry to disappoint. And to make things worse I'm vaccinated. Boring. Vanilla. And I think Suma is a dill. And I was at the first ever Derby. And I have a Pavlich signed footy. And I have a Fyfe signed jumper. The only blot on my Freo copy-book is that I feel a little bit sorry for the Eagles every now and then.

Anyway, when I posted the thread I hadn't realised that this week is Darcy v English v Jackson. Awesome! And with so much on the line for both teams. A game Freo start rank outsiders in but a steal is on the cards.

There you have it...

No, I saw English get monstered a few weeks back by Lycett of all people who just pushed him around like he was a rag doll. That wont happen when he faces Darcy.

That was one game! He's worst for the year.

Like saying Briggs monstered Jackson so Jackson sucks.

Still want Darcy but it's funny how so many are dismissive of how awesome English is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was one game! He's worst for the year.

Like saying Briggs monstered Jackson so Jackson sucks.

Still want Darcy but it's funny how so many are dismissive of how awesome English is.
It's not about how good English is. It's about what he would bring to our team. We can't have two rucks who do everything around the ground but get monstered by guys like Briggs and Lycett.

English is good, but our team is much better with Darcy. There's no way I would trade away Sean to get English.

I don’t want Tim English for any other reason than he has the shittest haircut….

Just craps me looking at his head, sure he is undoubtedly a great bloke, even if he is from Pingelly.
Steady on, Pingelly's where Nicky Winmar grew up. And not his fault that English always looks as if he should be playing in a shirt and tie.

Got great skills and he'd be an asset of course if we had to lose big Darce (heaven forbid 'cos of chemistry, skills, team presence etc.). But a different kind of asset. There's something compelling about Darcy as in lead battleship.

I just want the club to keep close and caring tabs on his physical health and strength - not too many snags on his barbie.

English is a splendid player, Pingelly is a fine place and I mean no offence.

But I just think Freo is a better team with a GIANT MAN SMASH PUNY HUMANS ruckman. And that's one Sean Darcy at the moment.

No doubt this comes from my many years watching Aaron Sandilands, who was terrific in hulk mode.

hulk smash GIF

Now I'm a mole! FMD!!

Don’t be too down mate. It’s a genuine question and not completely out of the realms of possibility even if I think Darcy suits us better for the same reasons several have already articulated.
I’ve been accused of being a Collingwood mole in the past here by some prolific posters on this board after I ranted a bit too much about the injury shambles back in the Weber days so I know the feeling of frustration. Me pointing out how ludicrous that was and why on earth a genuine Collingwood fan would give a rats ass what we talk about on the freo board, let alone spend countless hours talking online about a team that barely registers on their consciousness bar the 1-2 times a year we play them, seemed lost on said posters.
Agree the English V Darcy clash of styles is intriguing this weekend, last time out Sean dominated the hit outs but the Dogs mids still cleaned us out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back